Avan Jogia is a Canadian-British actor, singer, and director. Avan Jogia is best known for his roles in films and television shows such as “Victorious,” “Of Dogs and Men,” “Ten Thousand Saints,” “Alex,” and “Here Now,” among many others. He is also an activist and writer who wrote the book “Mixed Feelings,” which was later turned into a mixtape album.
How old is Avan Jogia?
Avan Jogia’s full name is Avan Tudor Jogia, and he was born on February 9, 1992. He is originally from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. And he is currently 28 years old. Avan’s father’s name is Mike Jogia, and he is of British Indian descent. Similarly, his mother’s name is Wendy Jogia, and she is of English, German, and Welsh descent. Ketan, a music producer based in London, is Avan’s elder brother. Avan is fluent in Gujarati and French, in addition to English.
Avan Jogia attended Killarney Secondary School until the age of 17. He then left to pursue acting full-time, having already gained a number of minor television credits. In an interview, Avan also stated that his parents removed him from middle school in favor of homeschooling.
Avan holds dual citizenship in Canada and the United Kingdom. Similarly, his ethnic background is a mix of British-Indian-German-Welsh ancestry.
Career line of Avan Jogia
- Avan Jogia is a Canadian-British actor, singer, activist, director, and writer. Avan is best known for his roles as Beck Oliver in the Nickelodeon sitcom Victorious, Danny Desai in the ABC Family drama Twisted, Roman Mercer in the Syfy paranormal action series Ghost Wars, and Ulysses Zane in the Starz comedy Now Apocalypse.
- Furthermore, Avan Jogia rose to prominence with his portrayal of Danny Araujo. Danny appears in Agnieszka Holland’s 2006 biographical television film A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story. In this film, he plays the younger brother of Gwen Araujo, a teenage transgender woman.
- After moving to the United States in his late teens, Avan landed roles in television shows such as Caprica and the miniseries Tut.
- Spectacular! is one of Avan Jogia’s many credits in television and film. , Finding Hope Now, Rags, Ten Thousand Saints, I Am Michael, and Zombieland: Double Tap. Avan also made his directorial debut in 2011 with the short film Alex. It came after the 2016 web series The Last Teenagers of the Apocalypse.
- Avan appeared as Sam in The CW television sitcom Aliens in America in 2007. He also appeared in the Canadian horror television film Devil’s Diary. Avan then starred as Champ Sinclair in the 2008 Nickelodeon network original film Gym Teacher: The Movie, opposite prominent actor Christopher Meloni.
- Avan then returned to the network the following year, starring in the 2009 film Spectacular! Tajid, alongside Victorious co-star Victoria Justice.
- Avan Jogia starred in the television series Caprica from 2009 to 2010. It’s a Battlestar Galactica spin-off. In August 2008, Avan also appeared as Ben Stark. Then, in late 2009, Avan Jogia joined the cast of the Nickelodeon television show Victorious.
- Avan appeared in the film alongside Victoria Justice, Ariana Grande, and Elizabeth Gillies. For this show, Avan Jogia played Elizabeth Gillies’ onscreen lover.
- Avan’s role as Beck in Victorious was his first major role in a television series. He was a part of it from its inception in March 2010 to the end of the final season in 2013. Avan Jogia also sang background vocals on several cast songs on the show’s soundtrack. In the episode “Tori the Zombie,” he also sang the song “Finally Falling.”
- Avan also appeared in the 2010 drama film Triple Dog. He also played the lead character, Santos Delgado, in the gangster film Finding Hope Now. Avan Jogia later directed and starred in Alex. It’s his first project as a director, and it’s a short film. The following year, he appeared in the film Rags.
- In October 2012, Avan played the lead role of Danny Desai in the ABC Family mystery–thriller series Twisted. He appeared alongside Denise Richards, Sam Robards, and Kimberly Quinn. ABC Family ordered the show as a series in February 2013, and production began the following month, on April 3, 2013.
- The series then premiered on June 11, 2013 and ran for 19 episodes.
- However, ABC Family decided not to renew Twisted for a second season, resulting in the show’s cancellation in August 2014. Similarly, in 2014, Avan co-starred in Tut with English actor Sir Ben Kingsley.
- The miniseries, which was shot in Morocco, premiered on Spike on July 19, 2015, and concluded on July 21, 2015. Avan also appeared in I Am Michael in 2014, which was later released at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival before a limited release and video on demand in January 2017.
- Avan appeared in the film Ten Thousand Saints in February of 2015. It is an adaptation of Eleanor Henderson’s 2011 novel of the same name. This film also stars Asa Butterfield, Hailee Steinfeld, and Ethan Hawke.
- Avan also appeared in the short film Here Now that same year, playing the role of Dark. He also released a trailer for the horror-thriller short film he directed. Sir Ben Kingsley also made an appearance in the film, titled Of Dogs and Men.
- Then Avan extended his hand for the 1970s-set crime drama film Shangri–La Suite, also known as Killing the King.
- Avan collaborated on this project with Luke Grimes and Emily Browning. This film follows two young lovers who travel to Los Angeles with the intention of murdering Elvis Presley. Avan played Teijo Littlefoot, the protagonist’s old friend who joins the duo on their quest for a sex change.
- Avan also appeared as Bones in the 2016 film Last Teenagers of the Apocalypse. It is a four-part series that was released on April 21, 2016. Avan also produced and directed this film.
- In 2017, Avan starred in Bette Gordon’s psychological thriller The Drowning. The film is an adaptation of Pat Barker’s 2001 novel Border Crossing. Danny, the central character, was rescued from drowning by the man who helped him get a murder conviction 12 years earlier.
- Avan Jogia also appeared in the comedy film The Outcasts, alongside lead actress Victoria Justice. He later appeared in The Year of Spectacular Men. It is a film directed by Lea Thompson. Thompson is the mother of Zoey Deutch, who also appears in the film alongside Avan Jogia.
- Later, Avan played Sebastian, followed by a role in A Midsummer Night’s Dream. It is a contemporary film adaptation of William Shakespeare’s comedy of the same name. Avan also appeared in Ghost Wars, which premiered in 2017.
- Avan Jogia also collaborated with Eve Hewson on Rebecca Addelman’s directorial debut, Paper Year. He also plays Matt in the 2018 romantic comedy The New Romantic. The same year, Avan Jogia co-starred with Bruce Dern and Lena Olin in the drama The Artist’s Wife.
- Similarly, in June 2018, Avan Jogia was cast as the lead in the Starz comedy series Now Apocalypse. He collaborated with Kelli Berglund, Beau Mirchoff, and Roxane Mesquida.
- Ulysses Zane was played by Avan Jogia in this series. Avan’s character and his onscreen friends “are on various quests pursing love, sex, and fame while navigating the strange and oftentimes befuddling city of Los Angeles.” That same year, he appeared in Shaft and co-starred in Zombieland: Double Tap.
- Then, in September 2019, Avan Jogia published a book about growing up with a mixed-race identity. The book was also about whether or not there is a link between the experiences of people of mixed race. Mixed Feelings is the title of his book, and it contains a collection of personal stories and poems about his own life.
- Avan also stated in the book that “there was a massive appetite for this conversation,” and that after reaching out to his social media following, he “was able to communicate with these people, interview with them, sort of to take parts of their stories and mash them up within the book.”
- Avan Jogia is also a filmmaker, writer, and musician. Avan Jogia and his brother, Ketan Jogia, are members of the duet band Saint Ivory. They also released a mixtape that literally turned Avan’s book into songs and an album. It will be released in early February 2020.
- Avan Jogia co-founded the online PSA organization Straight But Not Narrow (SBNN) in 2011. He did it with the help of fellow actor Josh Hutcherson and Heather Wilk and Andre Pochon. It is a non-pr