Barbi Benton is a former model and actress who has appeared on shows such as Sugar Time, The Girls Next Door, and the Playboy After Dark TV series. Barbi Benton has graced the cover of Playboy magazine four times. She left show business in the 1980s to raise her children.
How old is Barbi Benton?
Barbi was born on January 28, 1950, in New York City, New York. Her full name is Barbara Lynn Klein. Similarly, she is of American nationality and was born under the sign of Aquarius. Barbi is 70 years old and of White ethnicity. She was born into a Jewish family. Her father, Marvin Adolph Klein, was a gynecologist in Carmichael, California, and her mother, Helen Klein, was an investment counselor. Her father was a military doctor who later became a physician.
Education of Barbi Benton
She grew up in Sacramento and attended Rio Americano High School, where she took a variety of lessons ranging from scuba diving to piano, and even did some “tearoom modeling” while in school. She went to the University of California, Los Angeles after high school to become a veterinarian, but she couldn’t stand the sight of blood and had to drop out.
How much is Barbi Benton’s Net Worth?
The actress’s net worth is $22 million, owing to her success as a model for Playboy Enterprise and as an actress in a number of television series. She made her million-dollar fortune with Playboy, Hee Haw, and Brass Buckles. Her net worth includes her property and earnings.
Is Barbi Benton dating someone?
Barbi hasn’t been on a date since she was 24. After filming two episodes of the Playboy After Dark series, Hefner asked the young co-ed out on a date. When asked, she reportedly told the then-42-year-old Hefner, “I don’t know, I’ve never dated anyone over 24 before.” Hefner responded, “That’s fine, neither have I.” From 1969 to 1976, the two were in a relationship that put Benton at the center of the Playboy enterprise. Hefner was an American businessman.
Barbi has been married to real estate developer George Gradow since December 14th, 1978. They have two children: Ariana Gradow (born on July 13, 1988) and Alexander Benton Gradow (born on July 13, 1989). (born on August 23, 1986). They split their time between homes in Aspen and Los Angeles.
How tall is Barbi Benton?
Barbi’s body dimensions are 34-23-34 inches. She is 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 49kg. Her bra size is 34B, and she wears a size 8 dress (US). She also has lovely hazel-blue eyes and dark brown hair.
Career line of Barbi Benton
- Barbi Benton began modeling at the age of 16 in order to supplement her income. At the age of 18, I accepted a job with Playboy to appear on their entertainment show Playboy After Dark. She began as an extra on the show, but after host Hugh Hefner fell in love with Benton, her role was quickly elevated to co-host.
- Hefner and Barbi began a relationship that lasted several years and put Benton at the center of the Playboy enterprise. Hefner persuaded her to change her name from Barbara Klein to the more marketable Barbi Benton. She is credited with persuading Hugh Hefner to purchase the Playboy Mansion in Holmby Hills in 1974.
- Benton (originally credited as Barbi Klein) appeared on the cover of Playboy four times: in July 1969, March 1970, May 1972, and December 1985, as well as in additional nude photo layouts in the December 1973 and January 1975 issues. Despite being featured in a number of photo essays, she was never named Playmate of the Month.
- She landed a spot on Hee Haw doing short comedy sketches and went on to have a successful career as a country singer. She also began acting, appearing in the West German comedy film The Naughty Cheerleader (1970), before becoming a featured repeat performer on a number of popular television series, including The Bobby Vinton Show in 1976, The Love Boat, and Fantasy Island.
- Benton lived with Hefner from 1969 to 1976 and is credited with discovering the Playboy Mansion West, where Hefner lived until his death in 2017. Years later, when the cast of the television show The Girls Next Door paid her a visit in Aspen, Colorado, she expressed gratitude that the two had remained friends.
- Benton left Hee Haw after four seasons to pursue a more Hollywood-oriented career. She also appeared in the short-lived ABC-TV comedy series Sugar Time!, about an aspiring female rock band, and in films such as the slasher Hospital Massacre (1982).
- Benton had some success as a recording artist. Benton has recorded eight albums, the most recent of which she produced herself in 1979. She also wrote the songs, sang them, and played the piano. “Ain’t That Just the Way” was one of her best-known songs (1976).
- It was a number one hit in Sweden for 5 weeks, a major hit for Lutricia McNeal in 1996, and was recorded by the Dutch singer Patricia Paay in 1977 under the title Poor Jeremy.
Awards and Nominations of Barbi Benton
Benton rose to prominence as a recording artist. Her single “Brass Buckles” (1975) reached the top five on Billboard’s country singles chart. еntоn hаs аlsо rесоrdеd еght аlbum. hе lаst оnе wа thе оnе hе реrоnаllу рrоduсеd n 1979. hе аlо соmроеd hеr оng hеrеlf, аng thеm, аnd рlауеd раnо. еr fаmоu wа “n’t hаt ut thе Wау” (1976). hе оng wа а numbеr оf оnе ht n wеdеn fоr mоrе thаn а соuрlе оf wееk He еvеn wоn thе V Lаnd ntеrtаnеr wаrd fоr hеr wоrk n hоrt соmеdу kt.