Facts of Caitlin Doughty:
|Full Name:||Caitlin Doughty|
|Height:||5 feet 2 inches (1.57m)|
|Profession:||Mortician, Author, Youtuber|
|Education:||University of Chicago|
Caitlin Doughty is a funeral director, author, blogger, and YouTube personality. Caitlin Doughty is the creator of the web series ‘Ask a Mortician’ and the founder of the ‘Order of the Good Death.’
How old is Caitlin Doughty?
Caitlin Doughty is 35 years old at the moment. She was born in Oahu, Hawaii on August 19, 1984. She, too, is of American nationality. Her parents and siblings have not been identified.
She had been through a lot as a child and had had a shattered childhood. She witnessed a child fall from a balcony at a shopping mall when she was only eight years old. Despite the fact that she was quickly removed from the scene, she was haunted by her own mortality.
Schooling of Caitlin Doughty
Caitlin Doughty attended St. Andrew’s Priory School, a private Episcopal all-girls college-prep school in Honolulu, Hawaii. She then attended the University of Chicago, where she majored in medieval history, with a focus on death and culture. She had also researched European witch trials during the early modern period.
How much is Caitlin Doughty Net Worth?
Caitlin Doughty is a well-known mortician, author, blogger, and YouTube personality who makes a good living from her work. Her exact net worth, however, has not been disclosed.
She has posted information about her YouTube earnings. Her Youtube videos have received over 109.8 million views. As of April 2020, she had created two new videos per month on average and had earned approximately $562,000 dollars from her YouTube videos.
Is Caitlin Doughty involved in a Relationship with her Boyfriend?
Caitlin Doughty isn’t married and doesn’t have any children. She is currently unmarried. She is simply concentrating on her career and giving herself more time. However, while on set, she steals Nonnie’s personal, who is madly in love with Patty. And she had even begun to doubt her own biological preferences.
She hasn’t dated anyone since her previous relationship, according to her. She rarely discusses her personal life in the media or in public, and she hasn’t made any public statements about her affairs. Furthermore, she has managed to keep the situation under wraps.
How Tall is Caitlin Doughty?
Caitlin Doughty stands 6’1″ tall. She, too, has lovely black hair and blue eyes.
The stunning author, 35, is active on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. She currently has over 191 thousand Instagram followers (@thegooddeath), over 22 thousand Facebook followers (@thegooddeath), and over 90.2 thousand Twitter followers (@TheGoodDeath).
Career Line of Caitlin Doughty
- She moved to San Francisco after finishing her studies to pursue a career in the field she was passionate about. She was hired by Pacific Interment’s crematory after a six-month job search. She had to shave the corpse on her very first day of work.
- Her responsibilities included transporting corpses from homes and hospitals in a van, preparing them for viewings, creating and delivering cremains to families, obtaining death certificates, and obtaining the coroner’s release of a body.
- In addition, her boss and coworkers at Pacific Interment put her to the test with very hands-on assignments.
- In 2011, the 35-year-old mortician posted her YouTube series titled “Ask a Mortician.” This show explored morbid and sometimes taboo death topics like decomposition and necrophilism in a lighthearted way.
- She gained a large number of followers on social media as a result of this. In addition, as of 2019, she had 876K YouTube subscribers.
- In the year 2014, the beautiful author released her first book. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes is an entertaining blend of memoir, science, and manifesto that will appeal to a wide range of readers who are uncomfortable with the subjects of death, decay, and corpse handling.
- Similarly, in October 2017, she released her second book, From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World in Search of the Good Death. The synopsis of the book recounts her travels to Mexico, Indonesia, Japan, Spain, Bolivia, and the United States to observe firsthand death customs.
- Similarly, her third book, Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? : Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death, was published. The story responds to 35 questions posed by children. It arose as a result of Doughty’s observation that the majority of adults she encountered lacked adequate death education.
- On October 1, 2011, Caitlin Doughty, a mortician, launched her YouTube channel Ask A Mortician. Then, on November 3, 2011, she released her first debut video, “Ask a Mortician, Episode One,” which has received 397,293 views.
- In general, she responds to fans’ death-related questions. She’s been uploading videos to her YouTube channel ever since.
- Caitlin Doughty founded “The Order of the Good Death…” as well. This is a diverse community of funeral professionals, academics, and artists who advocate for teaching people to accept death.
- Similarly, the industry has an official website where prominent members of the death industry share articles and information. It increases people’s understanding of the concept of ‘death.’