Dana Carvey is a well-known American actor, stand-up comedian, screenwriter, producer, and impressionist. Dana Carvey is a well-known cast member of ‘Saturday Night Live.’
How old is Dana Carvey?
Dana Carvey was born on June 2, 1955, and is 65 years old. Gemini is his zodiac sign. Similarly, he was born in Missoula, Montana. Dana is of mixed ethnicity and has American nationality. He is of English, German, Irish, Norwegian, and Swedish ancestry. Similarly, Dana was raised in a Lutheran Protestant family. His parents were teachers, which explains his family background. His mother, Billie Dahl, is a school teacher, and his father, Bud Carvey, is a high school business teacher. Similarly, Dana has a sibling named Brad Carvey, who is an engineer/designer of the Video Toaster.
Dana, too, moved to San Carlos, California, in the San Francisco Bay Area with her family when she was three years old. He attended Tierra Linda Junior High in San Carlos. Dana also graduated from Carlmont High School in Belmont, California. Furthermore, he was a member of the Central Coast Section champion cross country team at the College of San Mateo in San Mateo. Dana, on the other hand, attended San Francisco State University and earned a Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Communications.
What is Dana Carvey Net Worth?
Dana has won the American Comedy Award for Television’s Funniest Supporting Male. He also received a ‘Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program’ for his work on Saturday Night Live.
Dana is a talented actor and comedian who has been in the film industry for over three decades. Similarly, his net worth is $30 million. However, there is no accurate estimate of his asset value.
Who is Dana Carvey married to?
Dana married Paula Zwagerman on January 8, 1983, and the couple has two children, Dex and Thomas. Dana previously married his childhood sweetheart Dana in 1979. However, his previous relationship ended after he met Paula during his performance at ‘The Other Café’ in San Francisco.
Dana was in a terrible situation in 1997 when she had the wrong heart bypass surgery. Furthermore, because the surgery was performed in the wrong artery, it became blocked and deeply buried in his muscle. Furthermore, as a result of this, he continued to suffer from Angima Pectoris, and as a result, he sued for $7.5 million in damages.
How tall is Dana Carvey?
Dana is 5 feet 8 inches (68 inches) tall and weighs 68 kg. Similarly, he has fair skin, light brown hair, and blue eyes. However, his body measurements are unavailable.
Career line of Dana Carvey
- Dana made her film debut in a supporting role in Halloween II. Furthermore, he co-starred in ‘One of the Boys,’ a short-lived television sitcom starring Mickey Rooney, Nathan Lane, and Meg Ryan. Similarly, during the early stages of his career, Dana had minor roles in films such as ‘This is Spinal Tap’ and the action series ‘Blue Thunder.’
- In addition, his career took off in 1986 when he appeared in the film ‘Tough Guys.’ Dana had a dream come true after starring opposite Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster. He is a huge Kirk Douglas fan and made an affectionate impression on his senior as well.
- Dana became a household name after joining the cast of NBC’s Saturday Night Live in 1986. The show regained their declining popularity, making SNL the most watched television show once more. Dana joined the show alongside newcomers Phil Hartman, Kevin Nealon, Jan Hooks, and Victoria Jackson.
- Furthermore, Dana gained popularity in the show after impersonating the role of ‘The Church Lady,’ an uptight, smug, and pious host of the Church Chat. Similarly, he based the character of a woman on someone he knew from church when he was younger, who was always keeping track of churchgoers’ attendance.
- Similarly, Garth Algar from Wayne’s World is one of Dana’s original characters. This character was inspired by his brother Hans from ‘Hans and Franz,’ as well as The Grumpy Old Man from Weekend Update appearances.
- Furthermore, during George H.W. Bush’s election for president, Dana became well-known for impersonating the president, which led to him being cast as the lead actor in the show’s regular political sketches. Dana also played the role of Ross Perot in the 1992 presidential election campaign in the United States of America.
- He rose to prominence after portraying George H.W. Bush and Ross Perot in a three-way debate with Bill Clinton in a Prime-time special show co-starring his co-actor Phil Hartman.
- Dana also left the show in 1993 to pursue a career in acting. Similarly, he landed his first role in the comedy film ‘Opportunity Knocks.’ However, it did not receive a large number of votes from the audience. In addition, he appeared in films such as ‘Clean Slate’ and ‘Trapped in Paradise.’ Similarly, Dana appeared in the suspense comedy film ‘The Master of Disguise.’ Similarly, after appearing in a few films, Dana became a regular on reality shows.
- He made frequent appearances on the well-known ‘The Larry Sanders Show.’
- The reality show Dana debuted its own reality show, ‘The Dana Carvey Show,’ in 1996. However, after not receiving many views from the audience, they cancel the show after only a few episodes within a month.
- Dana also appeared in a number of reality shows in 2011, including ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’ and ‘Live with Regis and Kelly.’ She also appeared as a guest host on ‘Live with Kelly,’ and made a cameo in the American comedy film ‘Jack and Jill.’