Facts of Daniel Gillies
|Full Name:||Daniel Gillies|
|Net Worth:||$3 million|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches|
|Divorce:||Rachael Leigh Cook|
|Birthplace:||Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada|
|Education:||United School of Performing Arts|
Daniel Gillies is a Canadian-born New Zealand actor. Daniel Gillies is well-known for his role as Elijah Mikaelson in the television series ‘The Vampire Diaries.’
How old is Daniel Gillies?
Daniel Gillies was born on March 14, 1976 and is 45 years old. His zodiac sign is Pisces. Similarly, Daniel was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. He moved to his native New Zealand with his parents when he was five years old. Similarly, he is a New Zealand citizen. Similarly, Daniel is of white ethnic religion and adheres to Christianity. Similarly, Daniel comes from a family with a strong medical background. His father is a pediatrician, and his mother is a nurse. Their names, however, are not made public.
Likewise, his ancestor was the well-known ENT/plastic surgeon Sir Harold Gillies. There is no information available about his siblings. Despite the fact that Daniel comes from a medical family, he has never pursued a career in medicine. Furthermore, he was always interested in acting since childhood and was more inclined towards shoes and acting. In addition, he attended Hamilton Boys High School. Similarly, for his further education, he attended the United School of Performing Arts.
Similarly, he made his acting debut in the New Zealand television drama series ‘Street Legal.’ However, after not finding many opportunities in New Zealand, he relocated to Sydney, Australia, and then to Canada. Initially, he worked as a waiter and dishwasher in Canada before deciding to relocate to Los Angeles, California.
How much is Daniel Gillies’s Net Worth?
Daniel is a professional actor, and his primary source of income is from his acting career. Similarly, he has a net worth of $3 million. However, there is no information about his asset values.
Who is Daniel Gillies’s Wife?
Daniel is a married straight man. On August 8, 2004, he married Rachael Leigh Cook, an American actress. Likewise, they have two children; their eldest child, Charlotte, was born in September 2013. Likewise, their son, Theodore, was born in April 2015. They ended their 15-year marriage, however, by announcing their mutual separation on Instagram on June 13th, 2019. They would prefer, however, to keep this announcement as private as possible for the sake of their children. Unfortunately, on July 10, 2020, Gillies filed for divorce from Cook.
How tall is Daniel Gillies?
The 44-year-old actor has a very appealing and appealing body structure. Daniel is 5 feet 11 inches (71 inches) tall and weighs height 75 kg. Similarly, his chest-waist-arm measurements are 42-32-14.5. Similarly, Daniel has fair skin, brown hair, and brown eyes.
Career line of Daniel Gillies
- Daniel began his career as a stagehand with the Aukland Theatre Company. Similarly, after working there, he landed his first role as the lead in the television series ‘Street Legal.’ Daniel played Tim O’Connor in the two seasons of the show, which followed the lives of a group of lawyers.
- Similarly, he began pursuing his acting career and began exploring other countries because his home country had a limited acting career. Furthermore, after relocating to Los Angeles, he was offered a role in the 2004 American superhero film ‘Spider-Man 2.’ In this film, he played ‘John Jameson,’ Kristen Dunst’s fiancé.
- Daniel also appeared in the 2004 romantic drama film ‘Bride and Prejudice.’ In this film, he co-starred with Martin Henderson and Aishwarya Rai. Similarly, in 2005, he appeared in the miniseries ‘Into the West.’ Steven Spielberg produced this series.
- Similarly, he appeared on the American action television series ‘NCIS.’ This is an action police procedural series in which he played Royal Marine Major Peter Manoy.
- Daniel received his major role in the television series ‘The Vampire Diaries’ after appearing in several series. This is an American supernatural drama television series in which he played Elijah Mikaelson. From 2010 to 2014, he was a member of this series.
- Following that, he appeared on the show’s spin-off from 2013. On the show ‘The Originals,’ he played the recurring role of ‘Elijah Mikaelson.’
- Similarly, he appeared in the Canadian supernatural medical drama television series ‘Saving Hope.’ He played Dr. Joel Goran’ in this series from season one to season three.