Who is Diana Gabaldon? Biography and Wiki
Diana Gabaldon is an American author who rose to fame for writing the Outlander series of Novels. She is known for discussing and merging different genres while featuring elements of historical fiction, romance, mystery, adventure and science fiction. Furthermore, a television adaptation of the Outlander novels premiered on Starz in 2014.
Diana Gabaldon Age
Diana is 68 years old as of 2020, she was born on 11 January 1952, in Scottsdale, Arizona, United States. She celebrates her birthday on 11 January every year and her birth sign is Capricorn. Diana will be 69 years old on Jan. 11, 2021.
Diana Gabaldon Height and Weight
Gabaldon stands at a height of 5 feet 3 inches. She also appears to be a woman of average stature in her photos. However, details about her exact height and weight are still under review. We are keeping tabs and we will update you once they are available.
Diana Gabaldon Education
Dr. Gabaldon graduated with a bachelor of science in zoology from Northern Arizona University in 1973. From there, she received a master of science degree in marine biology from the University of California. Later, she managed to earn her Ph.D. in behavioral ecology from Northern Arizona University.
Diana Gabaldon Husband
In the early 1980s, Diana got married to her husband, Douglas Watkins in a simple wedding ceremony held at a private location. Together the couple was blessed with one son, Sam Sykes and two daughters named Jenny and Laura Gabaldon just a few years after they tied the knot. The couple now resides in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Diana Gabaldon Net Worth
Diana has an estimated Net Worth of around $5 million as of 2020. This includes her Assets, Money and Income. Her primary source of income her career as an Author. Through her various sources of income, Diana has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Diana Gabaldon Dragonfly In Amber
Dragonfly is a popular American Novel that is part of the Outlander novel series that was written by Gabaldon. The storyline of the series based on a time-traveling 20th-century nurse named Claire Randall and her husband Jamie Fraser. Jamie is the 18th Century Scottish Highlander warrior. Dragonfly mainly comprises various elements of historical fiction, romance, adventure and fantasy
Diana Gabaldon Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Diana.
Diana Gabaldon Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Diana J. Gabaldon
- Popular As: Diana
- Gender: male
- Occupation / Profession: Author
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: white
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Diana Gabaldon Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 68 years old
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Date of Birth: 11 January 1952
- Place of Birth: Williams, Arizona
- Birthday: January 11
Diana Gabaldon Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 3 Inches
- Weight: Not Known
- Eye Color: black
- Hair Color: dark brown
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Breast Size: Not Available
- Waist Size: Not Available
- Hip Size: Not Available
Diana Gabaldon Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Tony Gabaldon
- Mother: Jacqueline Sykes
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Spouse: Married to Doug Watkins
- Dating / Boyfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Daughters (Laura Gabaldon and Jenny Gabaldon) and Son (Sam Sykes)
Diana Gabaldon Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: around $5 million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Author
Diana Gabaldon Career
Diana began her career as a founding editor of Science Software Quarterly in 1984. She was also working as an employee for Environmental Studies at Arizona State University. Diana even wrote software reviews and technical articles for computer publications during the mid-1980s. She also worked as a professor with expertise in Scientific computation at ASU for close to 12 years.
In 1988 is when Diana began writing her first novel so that she could practice and learn how to write a unique novel. Because of her experience as a research professor, Diana decided to author a historical novel because it seemed easier for her. However, she had no previous experience or background in history whatsoever.
Fortunately, Diana happened to watch a science fiction series titled The War Games. She got the inspiration for her main characters after watching the Doctor’s companion named Jamie McCrimmon. She then decided to add an Englishwoman to play off all these kilted Scotsmen in her Outlander book series. Since 2014, the Outlander has eight published novels with the eighth installment being released on June 10, 2014.
Diana Gabaldon New Books In Order
1. Outlander (1991) (published in the UK and Australia as Cross Stitch)
2. Dragonfly in Amber (1992)
3. Voyager (1993)
4. Drums of Autumn (1996)
5. The Fiery Cross (2001)
6. A Breath of Snow and Ashes (2005)
7. An Echo in the Bone (2009)
8. Written in My Own Heart’s Blood (2014)
9. Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone (forthcoming)
1 “A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows” (2010), a short story in the anthology Songs of Love and Death. Later collected in A Trail of Fire (2012), and Seven Stones to Stand or Fall (2017).
2. The Space Between (2013), a novella in the anthology The Mad Scientist’s Guide to World Domination. Later collected in A Trail of Fire (2012), and Seven Stones to Stand or Fall (2017).
3 Virgins (2013), a novella in the anthology Dangerous Women, later collected in Seven Stones to Stand or Fall (2017).
4. A Fugitive Green (2017), a novella published in the Gabaldon collection Seven Stones to Stand or Fall.
5. The Outlandish Companion (1999), a guide to the Outlander series containing synopses, a character guide, and other notes and information; revised and updated as The Outlandish Companion (Volume One)
6. The Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel
7. The Outlandish Companion (Volume Two) (2015)
8. “Vengeance Is Mine”, Outlander season 2 episode (June 18, 2016)
Lord John series
• Lord John and the Hellfire Club (1998), novella first published in the anthology Past Poisons, edited by Maxim Jakubowski
• Lord John and the Private Matter (2003), novel
• Lord John and the Succubus, a novella published in Legends II, edited by Robert Silverberg
• Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade (2007), novel
• Lord John and the Haunted Soldier (2007), a novella published in Lord John and the Hand of Devils
• Lord John and the Hand of Devils (2007), collection of three novellas (Lord John and the Hellfire Club, Lord John and the Succubus and Lord John and the Haunted Soldier)
• The Custom of the Army (2010), a novella published in Warriors, edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois, and later collected in Seven Stones to Stand or Fall (2017).
• The Scottish Prisoner (2011), novel
• Lord John and the Plague of Zombies (2011), a novella published in Down These Strange Streets, edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois, and later collected in Seven Stones to Stand or Fall (2017).
• Besieged (2017), a novella published in the Gabaldon collection Seven Stones to Stand or Fall.
• Naked Came the Phoenix (2001), a collaboration with twelve other authors
• “Humane Killer”, a short story co-written with Sam Sykes, published in The Dragon Book: Magical Tales from the Masters of Modern Fantasy (2009)
• “Dirty Scottsdale”, a short crime story set in Phoenix, Arizona, published in Phoenix Noir (2009), a collection with fifteen other authors
• “Past Prologue” (2017), a short story written with Steve Berry and published in the Anthology ‘Matchup’
Frequently Asked Questions About Diana Gabaldon
Who is Diana Gabaldon?
Diana is an accomplished American author who rose to fame for writing the Outlander series of Novels. She is known for discussing and merging different genres while featuring elements of historical fiction, romance, mystery, adventure and science fiction. Furthermore, a television adaptation of the Outlander novels premiered on Starz in 2014.
How old is Diana Gabaldon?
Diana is an American national born on 11 January 1952, in Scottsdale, Arizona.
How tall is Diana Gabaldon?
Diana stands at a height of 5 feet 3 inches.
Is Diana Gabaldon Married?
Yes, Diana is married to her husband, Together they are blessed with two daughters and a son.
How much is Diana Gabaldon Worth?
Diana has an approximate net worth of around $5 million. This amount has been accrued from her career as an author.
Where does Diana Gabaldon live?
She is a resident of Scottsdale, Arizona, we shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them from a credible source.
Is Diana Gabaldon dead or alive?
Diana is still alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Diana Gabaldon now?
Diana is still pursuing her career as an author.
Diana Golbandon Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Sam Heughan
- Caitriona Balfe
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.: