Facts of Dwayne Johnson
|Bicep Size||20 in|
|Birth Name||Dwayne Douglas Johnson|
|Celebrated Name||Dwayne Johnson|
|Chest Size||50 in|
|Children||Jasmine Johnson and Tiana Gia Johnson|
|Education||University of Miami|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Net Worth||$280 Million|
|Nick Name||The Rock|
|Place Of Birth||Hayward, California|
|Shoe Size||14 US|
|Source of Wealth||Movie Career|
|Wife||Dany Garcia (Divorce), Lauren Hashian (Present)|
Dwayne Johnson is a Professional Wrestler and a popular entertainer ordinarily known as The Rock. Johnson turned into a film industry star in the wake of showing up in movies like The Scorpion King, Hercules, and The Fast and the Furious.
Johnson was positioned as World’s most generously compensated entertainer in 2016 with an acquisition at $65 million. Other than acting Dwayne additionally runs his own creation organization Seven Bucks Productions.
Dwayne Johnson’s Childhood
Johnson was born Dwayne Douglas Johnson on May 2, 1972, in Hayward, California, in the United States. He is of mixed ethnicity and is an American by nationality. He is the son of Ata Johnson (mother) and Rocky Johnson (father) (father). His father is a professional wrestler as well. His father is a Canadian descended from a Black Nova Scotian, and his mother is of Samoan ancestry.
Johnson’s relatives, including his maternal grandfather, “High Chief” Peter Maivia, are all professional wrestlers. Johnson briefly lived with his mother’s family in Auckland, New Zealand, where he attended Richmond Road Primary School. Later, he and his parents moved to the United States.
Dwayne Johnson’s Educational Background
Johnson attended President William McKinley High School in Honolulu, Hawaii, for his tenth grade. He then attended Freedom High School in Pennsylvania for his 11th grade, where he began playing football. Johnson joined the school’s track and field and wrestling teams. When the Canadian nationality law was enacted, all people born in the first generation abroad after 1947 to Canadian-born parents automatically gained Canadian citizenship. As a result, Johnson became a Canadian citizen.
Johnson was a good football player, so he accepted a full scholarship to play defensive tackle at the University of Miami. Johnson was a member of the University of Miami football team that won a national championship in 1991. In 1995, Johnson was a member of the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League. Johnson earned a Bachelor of General Studies degree in criminology and physiology from Miami the same year.
Dwayne Johnson’s Salary And Net Worth
Dwayne Johnson’s net worth is currently $220 million. He earns $64.5 million per year, making him the highest-paid actor in 2016. Johnson owns a $3.4 million Florida mansion. On December 16, 2013, Johnson was named Forbes’ top-grossing actor of 2013, with his film grossing $1.3 billion worldwide for the year.
Johnson contributed $2 million to the construction of a living room at the University’s Newman Alumni Center. On June 1, 2007, the couple announced their separation but stated that they planned to spend the rest of their lives as best friends.
Who is Dwayne Johnson Married to?
Johnson has numerous WWE and WWF championships to his credit. Johnson has also been a successful actor, best known for his role in the Fast and Furious franchise. Johnson received a Teen Choice Award for his performance in The Mummy Returns, as well as a Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Award for his performance in Fast and Furious 6. Johnson has a height of 6 feet 5 inches and a weight of 120 kg. While attending the University of Miami, Dwayne met his future wife, Dany Garcia.
On May 3, 1997, the couple married. On August 14, 2001, they had a daughter named Simone Alexandra. The couple gave $2 million to the University’s Newman Alumni Center to build a living room. On June 1, 2007, the couple announced their separation but stated that they planned to spend the rest of their lives as best friends. Johnson began dating Lauren Hashian shortly after their divorce. They met for the first time in 2006, while Johnson was filming The Game Plan. In December 2015, the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Jasmine.
Dwayne Johnson’s Career Line
- Johnson, like his relatives, decided to pursue a career in wrestling. In 1996, Johnson was given several tryouts with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). Johnson defeated The Brooklyn Brawler under his own name.
- After winning the USWA World Tag Team Championship twice with Bart Sawyer in 1996, Johnson signed a contract with the WWF. Johnson made his WWF debut as Rocky Maivia, a combination of his father’s and grandfather’s names.
- Johnson was billed as the World Wrestling Federation’s first third-generation wrestler. In 1996, he was the only survivor of the Survivor series. On February 13, 1997, Johnson won the WWF Intercontinental Championship. He then went on to defend his title at In Your House 12: It’s Time. Johnson returned as a heel after suffering a knee injury in a Raw is War match against Mankind.
- Later, Johnson refused to be addressed as “Rocky Maivia” and instead referred to himself as “The Rock.” On May 31, 1998, The Rock defended his Intercontinental title at In Your House: Over the Edge. The Rock went on to become the WWF Championship’s number one contender.
- On December 13, 1998, The Rock defeated Mankind to win the WWF Championship. Later, on January 24, The Rock regained his title in an “I Quit” match at Royal Rumble. On February 15, Raw is War, The Rock won his third WWF Championship in a ladder match. Later, at Wrestle Mania XV, he lost the WWF Championship to Steve Austin.
- In 1999, Johnson won a number of singles and tag team championships. On January 23, 2000, at Royal Rumble, The Rock won his fourth WWF Championship reign by defeating Triple H.
- The Rock won his fifth WWF Championship at King of the Ring on June 25. In October, he lost the next championship to Angle at No Mercy. In July 2001, Rock returned to the WWF ring. The Rock and Jericho won the WWF World Tag Team Championship together.
- At Vengeance, Rock set a new record by winning his seventh WWF championship. Unfortunately for Rock, he lost the WWE Championship to Lesnar. On March 29, 2008, he inducted his father and grandfather into the WWE Hall of Fame.
- On February 14, 2001, The Rock was announced as the host of WrestleMania XXVII. Later, The Rock and John Cena agreed to a one-year-ahead match at WrestleMania XXVIII. On January 7, 2013, Raw, The Rock reclaimed the WWE championship. At Royal Rumble, The Rock won his eighth WWE championship.
- Dwayne Johnson is well-known in the film industry in addition to wrestling. Johnson made his acting debut in the music video for Wyclef Jean’s 2000 single “It Doesn’t Matter.”
- He hosted Saturday Night Live the same year he guest-starred on Star Trek: Voyager. Johnson made his film debut as the Scorpion King in The Mummy Returns’ opening sequence.
- Johnson was nominated for a Teen Choice Award in 2001. In 2007, he was listed as the highest-paid actor in his first starring role, receiving US$ 5.5 million for The Scorpion King.
- Johnson made an appearance in the 2010 action film Faster. Johnson played Luke Hobbs, a Diplomatic Security Service agent, in Fast Five, the fifth installment of the Fast and Furious film series.
- In 2012, Johnson starred in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. The following year, Johnson starred in Snitch.
- He also appeared as Roadblock in G.I. Joe: Retaliation the same year. Johnson also appeared in Fast and Furious 6.
- Johnson starred in Pain & Gain and Empire State in 2013, and on March 23, 2013, he won the Favorite Male Butt Kicker Award at the 2013 Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards.
- Johnson also played the title character in the 2014 film Hercules. Johnson will return to the Fast and Furious franchise in Fast and Furious 7.
- He recently appeared in Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, the sequel to the action adventure film Jumanji, alongside Jack Black, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan, Nick Jonas, and Bobby Cannavale.