Facts of Elizabeth Scherer
|Full Name:||Elizabeth Scherer|
|Height:||5 feet 6 inches (1.68m)|
|Profession:||Judge, Florida Circuit Court Judge|
|Sibling:||two (brothers: William R. Scherer III and John J. Scherer)|
Elizabeth Scherer is a Broward County Circuit Judge in the United States of America. Scherer is well known as the judge who presided over the Nikolas Cruz shooting case.
What is Elizabeth Scherer’s age?
On June 4, 1976, Elizabeth Scherer was born. She is originally from the state of Florida in the United States. She was born under the sign of Gemini and is 44 years old. Willian Scherer is her father’s name, while her mother’s name is unknown. William R. Scherer III and John J. Scherer are her two brothers, respectively. She graduated from Florida State University with a bachelor’s degree in English. She went on to the University of Miami Law School after that.
What is Elizabeth Scherer’s net worth?
Her net worth is expected to be around $700,000 in 2021. Her excellent work as a Judge has provided her with a comfortable lifestyle.
Who is Elizabeth Scherer’s husband?
Scherer’s husband was Anthony Mercer. She divorced him, though, due to drug claims against him. She is also the mother of a girl. There is no information about her past relationships or personal details. Her daughter’s name has also remained a mystery. She has, however, avoided media scrutiny of her personal life.
How much is Elizabeth Scherer’s height?
She is an absolutely lovely lady. Scherer is about 60 kg and measures 5 feet 6 inches tall. Her physique is thin and curvaceous. Her chest, waist, and hip measurements are 34-26-35 inches as a result. Bra size is 33B, and her shoe size is 6. She also has brown hair and dark brown eyes.
Scherer’s professional path
- Firstly Elizabeth serves on the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida. Governor Rick Scott selected her to replace retired Judge David Krathen on December 14, 2012. She was re-elected in 2014 with no competition, securing a six-year term that ends on January 4, 2021.
- Elizabeth has served as an assistant to the State Attorney of Broward County. As a result, she applied to join the Florida bar in 2001. She also worked as an intern for the Broward County State Attorney’s Office.
- In the Nikolas Cruz shooting case, Scherer is the judge. Furthermore, the incident occurred at Parkland High School in Parkland, Florida.
- As a result, the Sun-Sentinel of South Florida was accused of disclosing Nikolas’ legal information on August 15, 2018. When the publication house collects the information, it ensures that it will not be made public.
- The reporters, on the other hand, gathered the case’s facts in the name of public interest.
- The US Supreme Court ruled in that case that disseminating legitimate material for the public interest is legal. There is no longer any case against the Sun-Sentinel. In the 2000 election ballot case, Scherer was a member of George W. Bush’s legal team. She also has a proven track record as a prosecutor and a wise judge. As a result, in 2013, she was named ‘Judicial Advocate of the Year.’
- Furthermore, she allowed the defense’s plea to postpone Cruz’s trial until the summer of 2020 on December 19, 2019. “The matter will be tried this summer,” Scherer said, according to the Miami Herald.
- Furthermore, the prosecution stated that a trial date of May 2020 would be acceptable. As a result of the court closures induced by the coronavirus pandemic, the trial was postponed indefinitely.
- Elizabeth told lawyers in April 2021 that she expected the trial to start in September 2021.
You May Also Like: Gaurav Kapur