Facts of Gaten Matarazzo
|Full Name:||Gaten Matarazzo|
|Net Worth:||$4 million|
|Height:||5 feet 5 inches|
|Profession:||Actor, Voice Actor, Philanthrophist|
|Sibling:||Two (Sabrina and Carmen)|
Gaten Matarazzo is a young American actor best known for his portrayal of Dustin in “Stranger Things.” Gaten Matarazzo began her career in the entertainment industry at a young age and has since played several notable roles in theater and television series.
How old is Gaten Matarazzo?
Gaten Matarazzo was born on September 8, 2002, and is now 18 years old. His hometown is Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey, but he was born in Connecticut. Gaten has an elder sister named Sabrina and a younger brother named Carmen. His siblings have also appeared in television commercials. Similarly, his parents are Heather and Gaetano Matarazzo. In addition, he has Italian, Hungarian, English, Finnish, and Scottish ancestors.
Gaten received his education at Pinelands Regional High School in Tuckerton, New Jersey. Gaten was heavily involved in the performing arts as a child, particularly singing. He received vocal training at the Starlight Performing Arts Center in New Jersey. Then, in 2011, he competed and won third place with his vocal solo titled Ben at the Starpower Talent Competition Nationals in Uncasville, Connecticut.
Gaten was born with cleidocranial dysplasia (CCD). It is a rare genetic condition that caused him to be born without collar bones and affected the development of his facial bones, skull, and teeth. According to Gaten, his case is minor. After he was cast, the condition was written into the script.
Dustin, played by Gaten, explains his condition to a school bully who mocks him about his teeth and then asks him to “do the shoulder thing” in the pilot episode of Stranger Things. Dustin complies, bringing his shoulders together in front of his chest, which he is able to do due to the lack of collarbones.
Gaten has also spoken openly about his illness. He has even documented one of his surgeries, in which 14 supernumerary teeth were extracted. He posted this on his Instagram account. Similarly, Gaten wears dentures and is a vegetarian.
Does Gaten Matarazzo have a Girlfriend?
Gaten Matarazzo began dating Lizzy Yu on March 4, 2018. The couple recently celebrated their second anniversary. Lizzy, on the other hand, is an Instagram celebrity. She was a member of the Pinelands Thespians, which won a drama competition at Montclair State University. The couple also frequently features each other on their respective social media accounts.
How tall is Gaten Matarazzo?
Gaten Matarazzo is 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs about 59 kilograms. Other than that, there is no information about his other body measurements, such as his chest-waist-hip measurements, biceps, and so on. Gaten has blue eyes and curly brown hair.
Career line of Gaten Matarazzo
- Gaten Matarazzo is a young actor in the industry. He is best known for his role as Dustin Henderson in the Netflix science-fiction drama series Stranger Things. Gaten has also appeared on the Broadway stage in Les Misérables and Priscilla.
- Gaten made his Broadway career in 2011 as Benjamin in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and as Gavroche in Les Misérables. In Stranger Things, he frequently co-stars with Millie Bobby Brown.
- Aside from Stranger Things, Gaten has appeared in The Blacklist, Ridiculousness, Lip Sync Battle, The Angry Birds Movie 2, and Prank Encounters.
- Gaten has also appeared in several music videos, including Katy Perry’s Swish Swish featuring Nicki Minaj, Lost Boys Life by Darren & Chuck Criss, Jimmy Fallon’s Golden Globes 2017 Opening, and Green Day’s Meet Me On The Roof.
- Gaten has also been nominated for several awards. Among them are two awards for “Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series” at the 2017 Screen Actors Guild Awards and “Best Actor” at the 2017 Shorty Awards. Gaten’s net worth is estimated to be around $4 million dollars.
- Gaten Matarazzo uses his platform to raise awareness of CCD and funds for CCD Smiles. It is a non-profit organization that assists people with CCD in covering the costs of oral surgeries. He’s also started a T-shirt line, with all proceeds going to CCD Smiles.
- Gaten Matarazzo promotes events and tells followers how to donate to CCD Smiles on his social media pages.
- In November 2017, his sister launched a Facebook campaign to raise funds for the organization. He has also been a spokesman for Verizon FiOS since 2017.