Facts of Gerrit Cole Christian
|Full Name:||Gerrit Cole Christian|
|Net Worth:||$20 m|
|Height:||6 feet 4 inches (1.93m)|
Gerrit Cole is a Major League Baseball pitcher for the New York Yankees. He previously played for the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Houston Astros.
How old is Gerrit Cole Christian?
Gerrit Cole Christian is 30 years old. Cole, the eldest son of Mark and Sharon Cole, was born on September 8, 1990. He is from Newport Beach, California, and has a younger sister named Erin Cole.
His father, who grew up in Syracuse, New York, is a die-hard Yankees fan. He appears to have passed on his passion for the Yankees to his son, who has been a fan since he was a child.
Education of Gerrit Cole Christian
Cole attended Orange Lutheran High School, where he began his amateur career. As a sophomore, he pitched for the school’s junior varsity baseball team. However, it wasn’t until the junior year that he gained national attention for his fastball, which reached 94 miles per hour.
Furthermore, in his senior year, he earned an average run of 0.47 with 121 strikeouts in 75 innings. Cole was named to USA Today’s All-USA high school baseball team following his senior year in 2008. In the same year, he was drafted by the New York Yankees in the Major League Baseball draft.
The Yankees even offered a $4 million signing bonus. Cole, on the other hand, and his family decided to pursue higher education. As a result, he attended the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) on a baseball scholarship.
UCLA coach John Savage chose Cole to be the college team’s pitcher starting in his freshman year. Later that year, he was named to the United States’ collegiate national baseball team. Similarly, in 2010, he was named to the United States collegiate national baseball team and competed in the 2010 World University Baseball Championship. Cole had a fantastic year in 2010, finishing with a 3.37 ERA and 153 strikeouts in 123 innings. However, his statistics fell the following year.
How much is Gerrit Cole Christian’s Net Worth?
Cole is a fantastic baseball player who has won numerous awards. We’ve mentioned a few of his awards. Cole was named the National League (NL) Rookie of the Month in September 2013. Similarly, he received the April 2015 NL Pitcher of the Month Award.
Furthermore, Cole’s income is primarily derived from his baseball career. Prior to joining the Yankees, he had earned around $25 million in MLB. Nonetheless, his current net worth is around $20 million. He has owned three high-end vehicles.
Who is Gerrit Cole Christian Married to?
Cole is married to his long-term girlfriend Amy Crawford. The couple met at UCLA and married in November 2016. They had a private wedding in Newport Beach, California, with only family present. The couple frequently visits the world’s most expensive vacation destinations during their vacation, implying that they live a lavish lifestyle.
Since that special day, the couple has been living a happy life together. The couple recently announced on Instagram that they were expecting a baby boy this summer.
The media is always interested in the lives of famous people. Cole is one of the best American pitchers and has been a source of concern for the media. In more recent times, Cole displayed a sign that read “YANKEE FAN TODAY TOMORROW FOREVER” at the Yankee Stadium news conference. He claimed it was the same sign he was photographed holding as an 11-year-old at the 2001 World Series. The internet, however, questioned its veracity.
How tall is Gerrit Cole Christian?
Cole’s body is athletic for a professional athlete. He is 6 feet 4 inches tall and weighs around 109kgs. Similarly, some of his other physical characteristics include hazel eyes and brown hair.
Career line of Gerrit Cole Christian
- The Pittsburgh Pirates selected Cole first overall in the 2011 MLB draft. The Pittsburgh Pirates offered him the highest bonus ever given to a rookie, $8 million for a minor league contract.
- Later that year, he trained with the Bradenton Marauders of the Class A-Advanced Florida State League.
- He then joined the Altoona Curve of the Class AA Eastern League. Finally, on August 29, 2012, the Pirates assigned him to the Indianapolis Indians of the Class AAA International League.
- In 2013, the Pirates’ two key players, James McDonald and Wandy Rodrguez, were both injured. As a result, Cole made his Major League debut.
- The Pirates defeated the San Francisco Giants, and Cole became the first Pirate since Nick Maddox in 1907 to start his career with four wins in his first four starts.
- Cole’s main strength was fastball. However, in 2014 spring training, he also worked on improving his curveball and slider. Cole was a reliable pitcher in 2014 until he suffered a shoulder injury on June 7 that required him to rest for 15 days.
- However, he quickly recovered and resumed his work on June 28. Cole hit his first home run of the season in September of the same year against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field.
- Cole was one of the Pirates’ best starting pitchers until January 13, 2018. On this day, the Pirates traded Cole to the Houston Astros.
- Cole debuted for the Astros in April, and in his first month, he set a new Astros strikeout record with 61 strikeouts. He finished his first month with 61 strikeouts and a 1.73 ERA in 41.2 innings pitched.
- In the same year, he made his American League All-Star debut and finished the season with 278 strikeouts.
- Cole’s year in 2019 was jam-packed with accomplishments. On his 29th birthday, he became the second pitcher in history to strike out 14 or more batters in three consecutive games.
- Furthermore, on September 18, 2019, he struck out his 300th batter of the season.
- He became the Astros’ only pitcher to break the single-season strikeout record with 14 batters struck out.
- He finished the 2019 season with a 20–5 record and a 0.895 WHIP. With a 2.50 ERA, he led the American League.
- Cole recently became a member of the team he cheered for as a child on December 18, 2019. Cole agreed to a nine-year, $324 million contracts with the New York Yankees.
- The contract has the highest average annual value of any player contract in Major League Baseball, at $245 million.