Who is Elgin Baylor Lumpkin?, Ginuwine Biography and Wiki
Ginuwine is an American singer, dancer, and actor who was born in Washington, D.C.as Elgin Baylor Lumpkin. Lumpkin started his career as a member of Swing Mob in the early 1990s.
Signing to Epic Records as a solo artist in the mid-1990s, Lumpkin has released a number of multi-platinum as well as platinum-selling albums and singles, becoming one of R&B’s top artists during the late 1990s and early 2000s.
He had significant commercial success with his first 4 albums: Ginuwine… The Bachelor (2× Platinum), 100% Ginuwine (2× Platinum), The Life (Platinum) as well as The Senior (Gold). According to Billboard, Elgin Baylor Lumpkin has sold roughly 10 million albums in the US.
Ginuwine Age and Birthday
Elgin Baylor Lumpkin was born on October 15, 1970, in Washington, D.C., United States. Lumpkin celebrates his birthday on October 15 every year. He is 49 years old as of 2019. Elgin will be 50 years on October 15, 2020.
Ginuwine Height and Weight
Ginuwine is a man of average stature, he also appears to be quite tall in stature in his photos. He stands at a height of 6 feet 2 inches(1.87m or 187 cm). He also weighs 270 lbs 187.5 lbs(85 kg). Elgin Baylor Lumpkin dark brown eyes and black hair color.
Ginuwine graduated in 1989,from Forestville High School, currently known as Forestville Military Academy in Forestville, Maryland, and later graduated from Prince George’s Community College in Largo, Maryland, with a paralegal associate’s degree.
Ginuwine Parents and Siblings
Elgin Baylor Lumpkin was born and raised in Washington, D.C. He is named after NBA legend Elgin Baylor, who is also a D.C. native. Lumpkin was born to his father, James II Lumpkin and mother, Sandra Lumpkin. He was raised up alongside his sister Latisha Lumpkin and brother James III.
Ginuwine both parents died; his dad took his own life, and his mother died of cancer less than a year later. Elgin Baylor Lumpkin struggled with grief as well as depression; he also thought of taking his own life. He received counseling from his pastor, which turned him to a more positive path. He recorded the song “Two Reasons I Cry” about the death of his parents on his year 2001 album The Life.
Ginuwine Wife Solé and Divorce
Ginuwine was previously married to the rapper Tonya M. Johnston better known by her stage name, Solé. Elgin Baylor Lumpkin met Solé in June 1999 as well as they started dating in October 1999. The couple tied the knot on September 8, 2003, in the Cayman Islands. They resided in Maryland. The pair have two daughters together: Story who was born on March 29, 2001, and Dream Sarae Lumpkin who was born November 1, 2002.
He has a son Elgin, Jr who was born January 30, 1991, from a previous relationship, and four other children by three different women. Elgin Baylor Lumpkin revealed he has nine children: Ramonda, Tiffany, Elgin, Ginel, Tahjair, Story and Dream, plus two step-children, Dejan and Cypress. He revealed he and Solé had separated in November 2014. Their finalized their divorce on July 22, 2015.
Ginuwine Ex-Wife Sole
Solé, is an American rapper who was born in Kansas City, Missouri as Tonya Michelle Johnston. He was to Phyllis Frazier(mother) and James Johnston(father). Her siblings are Sean and Charlie (Chuck) Johnston, Sierra and Tamika Gamble.
Solé has family in General Acha, Argentina. She held variousa number of jobs, including serving for AT&T and as a spa coordinator for a salon. She also attended cosmetology school; and attempted college where she studied Political Science and Psychology.
Ginuwine Ex-Wife Age, Sole Age
Tonya Michelle Johnston was born on July 17, 1973, in Kansas City, Missouri. Solé celebrates her birthday on July 17 every year. She is 46 years old as of 2020. Solé will be 47 years old on July 17, 2021.
Ginuwine Kids, Daughter and Kids
Ginuwine has five children known as Ginel Lumpkin(son), Story Asaundra Lumpkin(daughter), Elgin Lumpkin Jr.(son), Dream Sarae Lumpkin(daughter) and Kayah Lumpkin(daughter).
Ginuwine Net Worth
Ginuwine has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars. He has accumulated his wealth from his successful career as singer, dancer, and actor.
Ginuwine Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Ginuwine.
Ginuwine Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Elgin Baylor Lumpkin
- Popular As: singer, dancer, and actor
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: singer, dancer, and actor
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: To be updated
- Religion: To be updated
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
- Age / How Old?: 49 years old as of 2019
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Date of Birth: October 15, 1970
- Place of Birth: Washington, D.C., United States.
- Birthday: October 15
Ginuwine Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: To be updated
- Height / How Tall?: 6 feet 2 inches(1.87m or 187 cm)
- Weight: 270 lbs 187.5 lbs(85 kg)
- Eye Color: To be updated
- Hair Color: To be updated
- Shoe Size: To be updated
Ginuwine Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): James II Lumpkin
- Mother: Sandra Lumpkin
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Latisha Lumpkin(sister) and James III(brother)
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse : Married to Solé.
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (Ginel Lumpkin, Ginel Lumpkin) Daughter(s) (Story Asaundra Lumpkin, Dream Sarae Lumpkin, Kayah Lumpkin)
Ginuwine Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $5 million dollars
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Singer, dancer, and actor
After Swing Mob folded, they continued serving together on different projects, one of which was Elgin Baylor Lumpkin’s 1996 debut album, titled Ginuwine… The Bachelor. Elgin Baylor Lumpkin is now serving on his eighth studio album Same Ol’ G…the Bachelor as well as confirmed that Timbaland and Missy Elliott executive produced the project.
Ginuwine started his career as a member of Swing Mob, a Rochester, New York-based record label as well as music compound founded by Donald “DeVante Swing” DeGrate, a member of popular 90s R&B group Jodeci. There, he met with rapper Melissa “Missy” Elliott who is a singer-songwriter Stephen “Static Major” Garrett alongside producer Timothy “Timbaland” Mosley, who became his main collaborators through the 1990s.
After Swing Mob folded, they continued working together on different projects, one of which was Elgin Baylor Lumpkin’s in the year1996 debut album, titled Ginuwine… The Bachelor. The first single, “Pony” showcased his smooth vocals and Timbaland’s innovative production style, and the two became a hit-making duo. “Pony” peaked at number 6 on the Billboard Hot 100.
It is still relevant today with the smooth upbeat tempos. It was used in the video game Grand Theft Auto IV in the year 2008. “Pony” was featured in a striptease dance played by Channing Tatum in the film Magic Mike in 2012. Mike Patton alongside Rahzel together perform a cover of “Pony” during their concerts. Elgin Baylor Lumpkin covered Prince’s “When Doves Cry” single from the movie soundtrack Purple Rain.
Ginuwine second album, 100% Ginuwine, was released in the year 1999 as well as featured the hit singles “Same Ol’ G, “So Anxious” and “None of Ur Friends Business”.
Ginuwine So Anxious
Ginuwine, second album, 100% Ginuwine, was released in the year 1999 as well as featured the hit singles “Same Ol’ G, “So Anxious” and “None of Ur Friends Business”. After 100% Ginuwine, Elgin Baylor Lumpkin and Timbaland grew apart. Producers such as R. Kelly has crafted hits for him since then.
In the year 2001, he had a number-four hit on the Billboard Hot 100 with the single “Differences”, which also peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
Ginuwine Songs and In Those Jeans
- Pony Ginuwine… the Bachelor · 1996
- Differences The Life · 2001
- So Anxious 100% Ginuwine · 1999
- Trouble A Man’s Thoughts · 2009
- In Those Jeans The Senior · 2003
- None of Ur Friend’s Business 100% Ginuwine · 1999
- Stingy Barbershop · 2002
- Same Ol’ G Dr. Dolittle: The Album · 1998
- The Best Man I Can Be The Best Man – Music From The Motion Picture · 1999
- There It Is The Life · 2001
- Tell Me Do U Wanna Ginuwine… the Bachelor · 1996
- What’s So Different 100% Ginuwine · 1999
- Last Chance A Man’s Thoughts · 2009
- Love You More The Senior · 2003
- I’m in Love Back II da Basics · 2005
- Only When Ur Lonely Ginuwine… the Bachelor · 1996
- When We Make Love Back II da Basics · 2005
- I’ll Do Anything / I’m Sorry Ginuwine… the Bachelor · 1996
- When Doves Cry Ginuwine… the Bachelor · 1996
- Hell Yeah The Senior · 2003
- Holler Ginuwine… the Bachelor · 1996
- Take Away Miss E… So Addictive · 2001
- Tribute to a Woman The Life · 2001
- Just Because Just Because · 2001
- My Whole Life Has Changed Get Involved A Man’s Thoughts · 2009
- I’m Crying Out 100% Ginuwine · 1999
- Two Reasons I Cry The Life · 2001
- No. 1 Fan 100% Ginuwine · 1999
- Lonely Daze Ginuwine… the Bachelor · 1996
- Why Did You Go The Life · 2001
- Hello Ginuwine… the Bachelor · 1996
- Genuine tragedies in the world are not conflicts between right and wrong.
- They are conflicts between two rights.
- Good man! Genuine gentleman! God bless George Thompson, the great-hearted friend of my race.
- Somebody said to me this morning, ‘To what do you attribute your longevity?’ I don’t know. I mean, I couldn’t have planned my life out better. By all accounts I should be dead! The abuse I put my body through: the drugs, the alcohol, the lifestyle I’ve lived the last 30 years!
- I have a saying. ‘Never judge a book by its cover’. I say that because I don’t even know who Ozzy is. I wake up a new person every day.
- Let the great world spin for ever down the ringing grooves of change.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ginuwine
Who is Ginuwine?
Ginuwine is a famous singer, dancer, and actor. He started his career as a member of Swing Mob in the early 1990s. Signing to Epic Records as a solo artist in the mid-1990s, Elgin Baylor Lumpkin has released a number of multi-platinum as well as platinum-selling albums and singles, becoming one of R&B’s top artists during the late 1990s and early 2000s.
How old is Ginuwine?
Elgin Baylor Lumpkin was born on October 15, 1970, in Washington, D.C., United States. He is 49 years old as of 2019.
How tall is Ginuwine?
Ginuwine stands at a height of 6 feet 2 inches(1.87m or 187 cm)
Is Ginuwine married?
Yes, he was married to Solé.. Ginuwine was previously married to the rapper Tonya M. Johnston better known by her stage name, Solé. Elgin Baylor Lumpkin met Solé in June 1999 as well as they started dating in October 1999.
The couple tied the knot on September 8, 2003, in the Cayman Islands. They resided in Maryland. The pair have two daughters together: Story who was born on March 29, 2001, and Dream Sarae Lumpkin who was born November 1, 2002.
How much is Ginuwine worth?
Elgin Baylor Lumpkin has an approximate net worth of $5 million dollars. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Where does Ginuwine live?
Elgin Baylor Lumpkin is a resident of Washington, DC., USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Is Ginuwine dead or alive?
Elgin Baylor Lumpkin is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him/her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Ginuwine Now?
Singer, dancer, and actor: Ginuwine is still an active participant in the creative entertainment industry.
Ginuwine Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Rory Feek
- Jan Marini
- Aundrea Fimbres
- Jack Marsden
- Bruce Timm
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and