Facts of Gordon Peter Getty
|Full Name:||Gordon Getty|
|Net Worth:||$2.1 billion|
|Profession:||Businessman, Investor, Philanthropist|
|Sibling:||One (brother John Paul Getty Jr.)|
|Father:||J. Paul Getty|
|Mother:||Ann Rork Light|
Gordon Peter Getty is a well-known businessman, investor, philanthropist, and classical music composer from the United States. Gordon Peter Getty is also the founder of “ReFlow.”
How old is Gordon Peter Getty?
Gordon Peter Getty was born on December 20, 1933, and is now 87 years old. He was born in Los Angeles, California, and grew up in San Francisco. Gordon went to St. Ignatius College Preparatory and the University of San Francisco for his education. He then received a Bachelor of Arts in music from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music.
Gordon’s parents are J. Paul Getty and Ann Rork Light. His father was an American-born British petrol industrialist who founded the Getty Oil Company. Similarly, his mother was an American silent film actress. Similarly, Gordon has an older brother named John Paul Getty Jr. John was a British philanthropist and book collector.
How much is Gordon Peter Getty’s Net Worth?
Gordon Getty received the “Outstanding American Composer” award at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in 1986. The multitalented personality then received the League of American Orchestras’ “Gold Baton” award in 2003. Gordon also received another award/honor as the 2015 University of San Francisco Alumnus of the Year.
Is Gordon Peter Getty dating someone?
Gordon’s formal name is Gordon Gordon. Peter Getty is a widower. He was married to Ann Gilbert until Ann died in 2020. On Christmas Eve 1964, the couple married in Las Vegas, Nevada. Since then, the couple has had seven children. Ann died on September 14, 2020, in San Francisco, from a heart attack. Ann was also a philanthropist, paleoanthropologist, publisher, and interior designer.
Gordan and Ann were well-known international jet setters. The couple frequently flew around the world in their private Boeing 727, The Jetty, to attend music and art festivals. In addition, the couple has four children.
Andrew Rork Getty is one of them. Andrew was a businessman, film director, and philanthropist who inherited his father’s oil fortune. Due to health issues, he died on March 31, 2015.
Gordon and Cynthia Beck also have three children. Alex, Nicolette, and Kendalle are their names. Cynthia is well-known as Gordan Getty’s longtime mistress. Cynthia is also a successful businesswoman and property developer in the Los Angeles area.
Career line of Gordon Peter Getty
- Gordon’s formal name is Gordon Gordon. Peter Getty is a businessman, investor, philanthropist, and classical music composer. Gordon inherited Getty’s US$2 billion trusts after his father died in 1976. Gordon’s net worth was $2.1 billion in September 2020. This places him 391st on the Forbes 400 list of the wealthiest Americans.
- Similarly, Gordon is well-known for selling his family’s Getty Oil to Texaco for $10 billion in 1983. Gordon was named the richest person in America the following year, with a fortune of $2 billion. Gordon also contributed $3 million to the charitable trust “Ann and Gordon Getty Foundation” in 2002.
- The philanthropist rose to prominence as the fourth son of J. Paul Getty. To please his father, the businessman then went into the oil business. However, he eventually sold the family’s Getty Oil to Texaco. Gordon Getty was named the wealthiest person in America by Forbes magazine in 1983.
- Furthermore, Gordon Peter Getty is well-known as a philanthropist. Gordon also works as a fundraiser for local and national Democratic Party candidates. The businessman has also contributed to the campaigns of Nancy Pelosi, Willie Brown, Gavin Newsom, and John Kerry, among others.
- Gordon Getty founded ReFlow in 2002. It is a company that buys shares in mutual funds on a temporary basis in order to save money on taxes and commissions.
- Gordon Peter Getty is a classical music composer, among other things. His works include the opera Plump Jack, Joan, and the Bells, piano pieces, and a collection of choral works. The San Francisco Opera staged Gordon’s one-act opera Usher House in 2015.
- He aspired to be an opera singer. In the mid-1970s, Gordon Getty studied with Louise Caselotti with this goal in mind. Louise is a mezzo-soprano who taught Maria Callas’ voice from 1946 to 1947. The businessman and his wife have contributed to the fine arts.
- They were especially generous in underwriting productions of the San Francisco Opera and the Russian National Orchestra. Furthermore, Gordon Getty’s opera The Canterville Ghost premiered on May 9, 2015, at the Leipzig Opera.
- Gordon’s formal name is Gordon Gordon. Peter Getty’s life as a composer was documented in Peter Rosen’s documentary Gordon Getty: There Will Be Music. The documentary premiered on February 5, 2016, at Cinema Village in New York City. It has aired on PBS in the United States and on ARTE in Europe. The documentary was also shown at film festivals and on television programs across the country.