Hailee Steinfeld is a well-known young American actress, singer, and songwriter. Hailee Steinfeld is best known for her breakthrough role as Mattie Ross in the drama western film “True Grit.” Hailee received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in this film.
How old is Hailee Steinfeld?
Hailee Steinfeld was born on December 11, 1996, and is currently 23 years old. She is originally from the Tarzana neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. Cheri (née Domasin) is her mother’s name, and she works as an interior designer. Similarly, her father is Peter Steinfeld, a personal fitness trainer. Furthermore, Hailee’s full name is Hailee Puring Steinfeld. Her middle name is her mother’s maiden name.
Hailee also has an older brother named Griffin. Hailee and Griffin are very close, and they frequently share each other’s photos on their respective social media accounts. Hailee’s paternal uncle is a fitness trainer named Jake Steinfeld, and her maternal great uncle is former child actor Larry Domasin. Furthermore, Hailee’s maternal first cousin is actress True O’Brien, who appeared in a TV commercial when Hailee was only eight years old. Hailee was inspired to try acting after seeing her cousin in a commercial.
Family of Hailee Steinfeld
In terms of Hailee’s family, her father is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent, and her mother is Christian. Her maternal grandfather’s name was Ricardo Domasin, and he was half Filipino (from Panglao, Bohol) and half African-American.
Hailee Steinfeld grew up in Agoura Hills and later in Thousand Oaks, California. She attended Ascension Lutheran School, Conejo Elementary, and Colina Middle School. She later home-schooled from 2008 until her high school graduation in June 2015.
What is Hailee Steinfeld’s relationship status?
Hailee Steinfeld is currently enjoying her single life while focusing on her career and family. Her most recent romantic relationship is with British singer Niall Horan. Niall is a former member of One Direction, the most successful British boyband. Prior to Niall, Hailee was in a relationship with Cameron Smoller.
Following their breakup, Niall admitted that he is a terrible communicator, which may have contributed to the couple’s demise.
Career line of Hailee Steinfeld
- Hailee appeared in several short films at a young age to gain experience. She portrayed Talia Alden in the 2009 film She’s a Fox. Several awards were given to this film. In addition, True Grit, which was released in 2010, marked Hailee’s feature film debut. Hailee played Mattie Rose in this film, alongside Jeff Bridges, Josh Brolin, and Matt Damon.
- She received a lot of praise for her performance in this film, and she was nominated for an Academy Award for ‘Best Supporting Actress.’ Hailee auditioned for the role of “Mattie Ross” eight times before landing it.
- She also co-presented at the 2011 Golden Globes with Justin Bieber. Prior to all of this, Hailee was a cheerleader for eight years. Then, in May 2011, Miu Miu chose Hailee as its new face.
- After a brief hiatus, Hailee appeared in several films released in 2013. Hailee played Juliet alongside Douglas Booth in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, which was released in 2013. She also appeared as Petra Arkanian in Ender’s Game.
- This film is based on Orson Scott Card’s novel of the same name, and it was directed by Gavin Hood. She also played Angela in the 2013 short film The Magic Bracelet, alongside Bailee Madison.
- Later, in 2014, Hailee appeared in 3 Days to Kill (2014), which was released on February 21, 2014. She portrayed Zoey Renner. In the film, she played Kevin Costner’s daughter. Hailee co-starred with Kristen Wiig in the film Hateship Loveship as Sabitha. In Pitch, Hailee Steinfeld played Emily Junk.