Jennifer Grey is an American actress who rose to prominence in the 1980s. She rose to prominence in the 1980s as a result of a number of her best performances in films such as ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’ and ‘Dirty Dancing.’ She has also judged television dance competitions.
How old is Jennifer Grey?
Jennifer Grey was born on March 26, 1960, in Manhattan, New York, USA. Her nationality is American, and her sun sign is Aries. In addition, she is 60 years old. She was born to acclaimed actor Joel Grey and actress and singer Jo Wilder. Her brother, James Katz, grew up to become a chef. Mickey Katz, a musician and comedian, was her grandfather. Grey’s parents were both raised in Jewish families.
Jennifer Grey graduated from Manhattan’s ‘Dalton School’ of acting and dancing in 1978. It is also the time when she met her best friend, actress Tracy Pollan. Following that, she enrolled in Manhattan’s prestigious ‘Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theater’ for two years of acting training. While waiting for roles, she supported herself by working as a waitress.
How much is Jennifer Grey’s Net Worth?
Jennifer Grey is a gifted actress. She has a net worth of $10 million. Jennifer Grey’s net worth has grown as a result of her many acting roles in made-for-TV movies, television series, Broadway, and her appearance on Dancing with the Stars. She is already a successful actress who earns a good living from her career.
Is Jennifer Grey dating someone?
Jennifer Grey was in a relationship with actor Matthew Broderick in the late 1980s. Even though they chose to keep their relationship private, it became public when the couple was involved in an accident while on vacation in Ireland in 1987. She was also in relationships with American actor and producer Johnny Depp and journalist George Stephanopoulos. Jennifer Grey previously married director, screenwriter, and actor Clark Gregg on July 21, 2001. Stella, their daughter, was born on December 3, 2001. Gregg and Grey announced their separation on July 3, 2020.
Grey was involved in a serious accident shortly before the release of Dirty Dancing. She and her then-boyfriend, actor Matthew Broderick, were involved in a car accident in Ireland. Broderick, who was driving at the time, broke his leg. The two passengers in the other car were killed. In the early 1990s, Grey made a career-altering decision to have plastic surgery on her nose. She once stated that she wanted a simple change, but the results were far more dramatic. Her face was almost unrecognizable after the surgery.
How tall is Jennifer Grey?
During the 1990s, she underwent two rhinoplasty surgeries, after which she claimed that even her closest friends couldn’t recognize her. Jennifer Grey underwent physical examinations in 2010, during which the doctor discovered a cancerous nodule on her thyroid. However, the detail was removed before it spread, and she reported that she is cancer-free. Aside from that, she is 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 50 kg. Her body measurements are 34-24-32 inches, and her bra size is 34 B. The lovely actress has brown eyes and brown hair. She also has a slim build and a lovely face.
Career line of Jennifer Grey
- Jennifer Grey began her career at the age of nineteen, when she appeared in a billboard advertisement for the beverage brand ‘Dr. Pepper.’ She made her film debut in 1984 with a small role in ‘Reckless.’ This was followed by a small part in the film ‘The Cotton Club.’ She also appeared in the same year’s war film ‘Red Dawn.’ In 1985, Jennifer Grey appeared in the film ‘American Flyers.’
- Jennifer Grey played the character of ‘Jeanie Bueller’ in the comedy film ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’ in 1986. Her next film proved to be a watershed moment in her career, propelling her into the spotlight.
- In 1987, she appeared in the drama film ‘Dirty Dancing,’ alongside actor Patrick Swayze. This low-budget film is regarded as a classic because it is regarded as the first film to sell one million copies on video. In 1988, she provided the voice of ‘Airelle’ in the English version of the science fiction and fantasy film ‘Gandahar.’
- The following year, she appeared in the feature film ‘Bloodhounds of Broadway,’ based on the stories of author Damon Runyon. Jennifer Grey portrayed characters in TV movies such as ‘Murder in Mississippi,’ ‘Criminal Justice,’ ‘If the Shoe Fits,’ and ‘Eyes of a Witness’ between 1990 and 1991.
- Jennifer Grey appeared in several popular television shows, including ‘Friends’ in 1995, ‘Fallen Angels’ in 1995, ‘It’s Like, You Know…’ in 1999-2001, ‘John from Cincinnati’ in 2007, ‘Phineas and Ferb’ in 2008-2014, ‘The New Adventures of Old Christine’ in 2009, and ‘House’ in 2010.
- Then, in 1995, she appeared in the television film ‘The West Side Waltz.’ The following year, she appeared in two films: ‘Portraits of a Killer’ and ‘Lover’s Knot.’ In 1998, she was cast in television movies such as ‘Outrage’ and ‘Since You’ve Been Gone.’
- She played an airline employee in the film ‘Bounce’ in 2000. Similarly, she co-starred in the 2006 television film ‘Road to Christmas’ with her husband Clark Gregg. Jennifer Grey appeared in the 2008 martial arts film ‘Red Belt,’ as well as the independent drama ‘Keith.’
- Jennifer Grey competed in the 11th season of the television competition show ‘Dancing with the Stars’ in 2010. She was the season’s victor. The following year, she was seen as a judge on the ninth season of the dance competition ‘Strictly Come Dancing.’
- In 2013, she was cast as ‘Mrs. Kurokawa’ in the English adaptation of the Japanese animated drama film ‘The Wind Rises.’ The following year, she was a part of projects that received positive feedback from critics. These projects include the paranormal romantic film ‘In Your Eyes’ and the comedy series ‘Red Oaks.’
- The actress voiced a character in ‘Duck Duck Goose’ in 2018 and had supporting roles in films such as ‘Untogether’ in 2018 and ‘Bittersweet Symphony’ in 2019. She also appeared in three episodes of the long-running medical drama series ‘Grey’s Anatomy.’
Awards and Nominations of Jennifer Grey
For her role in Kaze tachinu, the actress received a BTVA Anime Dub Movie/Special Voice Acting Award nomination in the category of Best Vocal Ensemble in an Anime Feature Film/Special in 2015. The nomination was shared by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Martin Short, Stanley Tucci, Mandy Patinkin, William H. Macy, Werner Herzog, and Mae Whitman. Her performance earned her a nomination for the prestigious ‘Golden Globe Award’ in 1987. She also won the 11th season of the TV competition show ‘Dancing with the Stars’ in 2010.