Facts of Jessica Simpson
|Full Name:||Jessica Simpson|
|Net Worth:||$200 million|
|Height:||5 feet 4 inches|
|Profession:||Singer, reality TV star, actress, and businesswoman|
Jessica Simpson is an American singer, reality television star, actress, and businesswoman. She rose to prominence after the release of her debut studio album, ‘Sweet Kisses.’
How old is Jessica Simpson?
Jessica Ann Simpson is the full name of the gifted artist. Jessica Simpson was born Jessica Ann Johnson on July 10, 1980, in Abilene, Texas, USA, to Baptist minister Joseph “Joe” Simpson and his wife Tina Ann. She has a younger sister, Ashlee Simpson, who is also a singer-songwriter and actress. Furthermore, he is of American nationality, and her zodiac sign is Cancer. Her age is 40, and she is a Christian.
Education of Jessica Simpson
Jessica attended ‘J. J. Pearce High School’ in Richardson, Texas, where she became interested in theatre. However, she dropped out of school in her junior year to pursue music and later passed the GED test. Because of the nature of her father’s job, the family moved frequently when she was a child, eventually settling in Richardson, Texas. She discovered her passion for music while singing in the Church Choir. When she was 11, she decided to become a singer.
How much is Jessica Simpson’s Net Worth?
Her net worth is estimated to be around $200 million as a result of her talent as an artist. The fashion industry is where the majority of the star’s fortune has come from. She has also appeared in several television commercials and endorsed several brands. She also signed a multimillion-dollar deal with Weight Watchers in 2012, vowing to use their diet plan to lose the weight she gained during her pregnancy. Her clothing line, The Jessica Simpson Collection, which debuted in 2005, reportedly earns $1 billion per year.
Is Jessica Simpson dating someone?
Jessica Simpson began dating ’98 Degrees’ singer Nick Lachey after meeting him at a Christmas party in 1998. Following their highly publicized wedding in October 2002 and subsequent appearance on a reality TV show. They divorced in June of the following year after divorcing in November of 2005. In November 2007, she began dating ‘Dallas Cowboys’ quarterback Tony Romo. However, fans of the ‘Dallas Cowboys,’ including then-President George W. Bush, blamed her for his poor performance, which led to their break-up in July 2009.
She began dating retired NFL tight end Eric Johnson in May 2010, and they married in November. Their first child, a daughter named Maxwell Drew Johnson, was born on May 1, 2012. Jessica gave birth to her son Ace Knute Johnson on June 30, 2013. Simpson and Johnson married in July 2014 in Montecito, California. Simpson announced in 2018 that she is expecting her third child. Birdie Mae Johnson, her second daughter, was born in March 2019.
Scandals of Jessica Simpson
Jessica’s bikini photo on the cover of a magazine with the title “I’m a virgin” confused Portman as a teen. As a result, they were contradictory. Jessica calmly responded to Natalie in a photo shared on her Instagram and Twitter accounts, writing, “@Natalieportman- I was disappointed to read this morning that I “confused” you by wearing a bikini in a published photo of myself when I was still a virgin in 1999. As public figures, we are both aware that our image is not entirely under our control at all times, and that the industry in which we work frequently attempts to define and box us in.”
“However, I was taught to be myself and to respect the various ways all women express themselves, which is why I believed then – and still believe now – that being sexy in a bikini and being proud of your body is not synonymous with having sex. I’ve always embraced being a role model for all women, letting them know that they can look however they want, wear whatever they want, and have sex or not have sex with whomever they want. Individuals have the power. I’ve made it a point not to shame other women for their choices. In this era of Time’s Up and all the great work you have done for women, I encourage you to do the same.”
Natalie Portman apologized in a classy way, saying, “I completely agree with you that a woman should be allowed to dress however she likes and behave however she likes and not be judged, I only meant to say I was confused–as a girl coming of age in the public eye around the same time — by the media’s mixed messages about how girls and women were supposed to behave.” I didn’t mean to scare you, and I apologize for any harm my words may have caused. I have nothing but admiration for your talent and the voice you use to encourage and empower women all over the world.”
How tall is Jessica Simpson?
Jessica is 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 59 kg. She has dark brown eyes and blonde hair. Her breast size is 38 inches, hip size is 35 inches, and waist size is 25 inches. In addition, her bra size is 34 DD. The artist is dressed in a size 8 dress and a size 7 shoe (US). She has a slim figure and a lovely face and smile.
Career line of Jessica Simpson
- Jessica Simpson auditioned for ‘The Mickey Mouse Club’ worldwide talent search at the age of 12 by singing ‘Amazing Grace’ and dancing to ‘Ice Ice Baby.’ She was one of the six finalists, along with Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Justin Timberlake, but she failed to perform well in the final audition due to nerves.
- Fortunately, her second chance came within a few weeks when she was singing in the church choir. A guest speaker who was about to launch a gospel label invited her for an audition and signed her after hearing her rendition of Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You.”
- For the next few years, she worked with ‘Proclaim Records,’ where she recorded her debut album ‘Jessica,’ which remained unreleased after the record label went bankrupt. Her grandmother paid for the release of a few copies of the album in 1994.
- Tommy Mottola, the head of ‘Columbia Records,’ signed her in July 1997. Her style stood in stark contrast to that of contemporary singers such as Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.
- On September 28, 1999, she stormed into the music industry with her debut single ‘I Wanna Love You Forever,’ which peaked at No. 3 on the US ‘Billboard Hot 100’ chart. On November 23, 1999, she released her debut studio album ‘Sweet Kisses.’
- She changed her image for her second album, ‘Irresistible,’ which was released in May 2001, at the request of her record label. Following her marriage to Lachey in 2002, she released the single ‘Sweetest Sin.’ When the single failed commercially, her father, who was also her manager, pitched a reality show starring the couple. ‘Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica’ premiered on MTV on August 19, 2003.
- The reality show helped promote her third studio album, ‘In This Skin,’ which peaked at No. 10 on the Billboard 200. She later re-released the album in March 2004 with a couple of cover songs, such as ‘Take My Breath Away’ and ‘Angels,’ which increased album sales
- She released ‘ReJoyce: The Christmas Album’ in 2004. During 2004-05, she and her husband appeared on her sister’s reality TV show “The Ashlee Simpson Show.” In 2005, she launched her clothing line ‘The Jessica Simpson Collection,’ which went on to become one of the most successful celebrity fashion brands.
- She made her feature film debut as ‘Daisy Duke’ in 2005’s ‘The Dukes of Hazzard.’ She also recorded the song ‘These Boots Are Made For Walkin’ for the film. In 2006, she signed a new record deal with Epic Records and released her fifth studio album, ‘A Public Affair,’ which was the last of her albums to achieve moderate commercial success.
- The artist went on to release two more studio albums, ‘Do You Know’ (2008) and ‘Happy Christmas’ (2010), both of which were commercial flops. During this period, she also appeared in a few films. These films include ‘Employee of the Month’ (2006), ‘Blonde Ambition’ (2007), and ‘Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous’ (2008). (2008). None of these films were box office successes.
- However, her 2010 VH1 documentary series ‘The Price of Beauty,’ in which she traveled around the world seeking different perceptions of beauty, was a success. In 2018, she appeared in the reality television series ‘Ashlee + Evan.’ Jessica Simpson’s third studio album, ‘In This Skin,’ has been her most successful work to date. It received triple platinum certification in the United States and has sold over seven million copies worldwide.
Awards and Nominations of Jessica Simpson
Three of Jessica Simpson’s songs were named to the ‘Hot 100 Year-End Awards’ list at the Billboard Music Awards in 2000, 2001, and 2003. She has also received two ‘People’s Choice Awards,’ seven ‘Teen Choice Awards,’ and a ‘BMI Award.’ Similarly, she was named to FHM magazine’s list of the “100 Sexiest Women in the World.” She has also appeared on the ‘Hot 100′ list of ‘Maxim’ magazine. From 2004 to 2008, she was named one of the “50 Most Beautiful People” by People magazine.