Facts of Jim Parsons
|Full Name:||James Parsons|
|Net Worth:||$160 million|
|Height:||6 feet 1 inches (1.85m)|
|Father:||Milton Joseph Parsons|
- Jim Parsons is an openly gay American actor. Jim Parsons is best known for his role as Dr. Sheldon Cooper in ‘The Big Bang Theory.’ He is a Hollywood comedy star as well as a theatre artist.
How old is Jim Parsons?
Milton Joseph and Judy Ann Parsons gave birth to James Joseph Parsons on March 24, 1973. He is 47 years old as of 2019. Similarly, he was born in Houston, Texas, and raised in Spring, a northern Houston suburb. He has a sister named Julie Ann Parsons. Furthermore, both his mother and sister are teachers. He is an actor and producer of American nationality, better known in the industry as Jim. He currently owns homes in Gramercy Park, New York City, and Los Angeles, California.
Educational Background of Jim Parsons
Jim attended Klein Oak High School in Spring. Similarly, he enrolled at the University of Houston to pursue his bachelor’s degree in arts. He later earned a Master of Fine Arts degree from the University of San Diego (MFA).
Similarly, he has revealed that he was inspired to become an actor at the age of six after appearing in a school production of ‘The Elephant’s Child.’ Similarly, he participated in plays on a regular basis throughout his school and university years, appearing in 17 plays in three years.
What’s Jim Parsons Net Worth?
In 2018, Forbes estimated Jim’s yearly salary to be $26.5 million, making him the highest-paid TV actor in the world. Similarly, his net worth is $160 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. He also made $177.7 million from The Big Bang Theory alone.
Achievements and Awards of Jim Parsons
At the 2009 TCA Awards, Jim Parsons won his first award for “Individual Achievement in Comedy.” Since then, he has won 21 awards and been nominated for more than 30. Among his numerous awards are “Best Actor in a Comedy Series,” “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series,” “Favorite Actor,” and “Outstanding Performance.” Among his many honors are four Primetime Emmys, two Critic’s Choice Awards, and three People’s Choice Awards.
Who is Jim Parsons’s Wife?
Jim Parsons is an openly gay celebrity in Hollywood. In a May 2012 article, ‘The New York Times’ revealed his sexual orientation. Similarly, he was in a romantic relationship with partner Todd Spiewak for nearly 15 years before they decided to marry. On May 13, 2017, the couple made their long-term relationship legal in New York City’s Rainbow Room. His husband works as an Art Director.
How tall is Jim Parsons?
The actor has a slim build, standing at 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighing around 66 kg. He has captivating blue eyes and naturally brown hair. Similarly, his chest-biceps-waist measurements are 39-14-32 inches. He wears shoes that are a size 10 according to American standards. Similarly, he is well-known for his character Sheldon Cooper’s odd smile. He created the smile specifically for this role.
Career Line of Jim Parsons
- Jim Parsons is a well-known Hollywood comedy actor, best known for his role as Sheldon Cooper in The Big Bang Theory.
- His first film, Happy End, was released in 2003, and his other films include School for Scoundrels (2006), Gardener of Eden (2007), The Muppets (2011), Hidden Figures (2016), and A Kid Like Jake (2018). From 2002 to the present, he has appeared in 21 television shows/series.
- In 2002, he made his acting debut in the television series Ed.
- His other television shows include Judging Amy (2004-2005), Family Guy (2009), The Normal Heart (2014), and The Big Bang Theory (2007-2019). From 2003 to 2019, Jim appeared in 18 films.
- Jim also took part in school and university plays. He has been performing on stage since 1993 and has appeared in 32 stage plays as of 2018. His first play, The Balcony, was written in 1993, and his other works include Othello (1996), Tartuffe (2002), The Normal Heart (2011), and The Boys in the Band (2012).
- He is also a talented pianist in addition to being a Hollywood and theater actor.