Joel Schiffman is an American entrepreneur and financier. Joel Schiffman is the Chief of US Defined Contribution and Insurance Sales at an investment management firm. Furthermore, he is well-known as the boyfriend of news anchor Hoda Kotb.
How old is Joel Schiffman?
Joel Schiffman was born in the United States on March 21, 1958. His nationality is American, and he was born under the sign of the Ram. Joel is now 62 years old. He is of English ethnicity. His nick name is Boots.
Education of Joel Schiffman
Joel attended the “University of California” and graduated in 1981 with a bachelor’s degree in economics. At UCLA, he was a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity and the UCLA Rugby Team. Then he went to the “University of Pennsylvania,” where he earned a Diploma in Investment Management Analysis. He received his bachelor’s degree from the University’s Wharton School in 1995.
How much is Joel Schiffman’s Net Worth?
Schiffman’s net worth is estimated to be around $19 million, and his salary as a Vice President is $191,193. He learned about his net worth from his position as vice president and financier.
Is Joel Schiffman married?
In terms of his current relationship, he is engaged. He proposed to his six-year girlfriend, Hoda Kotb, and she accepted; they will marry on November 25th, 2019. Hoda is a news anchor and journalist. Joel and Hoda began dating in 2013. They moved together in 2016. In 2017, they adopted a child named Haley Joey Kotb. Hope Catherine Kotb, a baby girl, was adopted by Kotb on April 16, 2019.
Joel first met Hoda Kotb at a Wall Street Professionals speaking event in 2013. They stayed in touch via email after the event, and she later mentioned that going there was the best decision she had ever made. The news of their relationship was made public by ‘The Daily Mail’ on January 20, 2015. Hoda has spoken openly about the relationship several times since then.
While the two may never marry, they have both previously been married. Joel’s first wife was Burzis Kanga, and he has a daughter Kyle, a law student, from his previous marriage, which ended in 2007. From 2005 to 2008, Hoda was married to Burzis Kanga, a former tennis coach at the University of New Orleans. She is a breast cancer survivor who allowed the ‘Today Show’ to document her battle with cancer in 2007.
How tall is Joel Schiffman?
Joel Schiffman has grey hair and brown eyes. He stands 5 feet 9 inches tall. He also has a fair complexion. Other information about the sizes of his body parts is not currently available.
Career line of Joel Schiffman
- According to his LinkedIn profile, Joel is the current Vice-President and Director of Financial Institutions Group Janus Capital Group. In addition, he has extensive experience in the field, having worked at various institutions such as Trail Ridge Capital LLC, Reed, Conor, and Birdwell, and Lord, Abbett, and Co. LLC, where he held various positions.
- In 1987, Joel Schiffman became Senior Vice President at Kidder Peabody in Los Angeles. During his seven-year tenure, he transformed the retail investment brokerage business into an institutional consulting practice. He became a Consulting Group Director at Smith Barney in Denver, Colorado in 1994.
- He left the company in November 2003 to become the Principal, Director of Marketing at Trail Ridge Capital, LLC, also in Denver. He worked there for almost two years and was in charge of developing and implementing a sales and marketing strategy for a new hedge fund.
- In September 2005, he returned to Los Angeles to join Reed, Conor, and Birdwell as Senior Vice President for Business Development and Client Services. In June 2008, he moved to Jersey City, New Jersey, to work as the Director of Retirement Platform Relationships at Lord, Abbett, and Co. LLC.
- He worked as the Senior Relationship Manager, National Accounts for Columbia Management in the Greater New York City Area for two years, beginning in August 2013. He most recently joined Janus Henderson Investors U.S. as Vice President and Director of Financial Institutions in August 2015, where he has remained since.