|Real Name||Josh Reginald Hazlewood|
|Nickname||Hoff, Bendemeer Bullet|
|Profession||Australian Cricketer (Bowler)|
|Date of Birth (Age)||8 January 1991|
|Birthplace||Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia|
|Star Sign/ Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia|
|Marital status||Un Married|
|Height in Inches||6′ 4″|
|Weight in Kilograms||90 kg|
|Girlfriend/Affair||Cherina Murphy Christian|
|Net Worth||$2.4 million|
Josh Reginald Hazlewood plays cricket for Australia and participates internationally. In similarity to the late Australian paceman Glenn McGrath, he is a tall, precise fast bowler. Hazlewood is currently ranked no. 2 in ODI, no. 1 in T20I, and no. 10 in tests in the ICC Men’s Player Rankings.
Age & Birth Information
Josh Hazlewood was born on January 8, 1991, in Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia. His real name is Josh Reginald Hazlewood. Australia’s right-arm fast bowler Josh Hazlewood is regarded as one of the best Test bowlers in the world. He bowls with his right arm. He is renowned for his line and length accuracy and also has been a bowler for Australia for a very long time.
Hazlewood is capable of bowling with both an inside and outside swing. Josh Hazlewood, a former fellow countryman, and famed fast bowler Glenn McGrath are also contrasted. Josh Hazlewood made his IPL debut in 2020 while playing for Chennai Super Kings. At the major TATA IPL 2022 auction, Josh Hazlewood was acquired by Royal Challengers Bangalore for an astounding 7.75 crores.
When Josh Hazlewood was just six years old, he started playing cricket. Hazlewood had a passion for throwing the shot put and javelin. He was also three times Australia’s Under-13 and Under-15 javelin throw champion. He eventually started to show a greater interest in cricket, though. They started playing cricket in the backyard. When Josh Hazlewood was 12 years old, he joined the senior boys’ school team.
Height & Weight
Josh Hazlewood weighs 90 kg and stands 6 feet 4 inches (1.93 m) tall (198 lbs). Even though it might have changed, we only used the most current weight. His hair is Light Brown, and his eyes are Hazel.
In 2008, Josh Hazlewood, being just 17 years old, started playing for his home team New South Wales. Josh, the group’s youngest fast-bowler, made his New South Wales debut on the Hazlewood. In his first-class debut match against New Zealand in Sydney, he took three wickets.
At the age of 18, Josh Hazlewood was chosen for the Australian Under-19 team to compete in the ICC Under-19 World Cup. At the U-19 World Cup, Hazlewood, the team’s youngest player, recorded 13 wickets. He helped his team win the crucial match against Pakistan by taking four wickets. Josh Hazlewood won Player of the Match in the competition’s championship game.
Josh Hazlewood has taken 360 wickets while playing in 97 first-class matches. His match-high 6/35 bowling effort, which featured 11 five-wicket hauls, was his best bowling effort. Josh Hazlewood participated in his debut ODI game against England on June 22, 2010. He bowled seven over during the match, taking one wicket. The youngest player ever, Josh Hazlewood, made his ODI debut for Australia.
You may also like to know about: Ashton Agar
Over three years after making his international debut, Josh Hazlewood grabbed one wicket in Australia’s maiden T20I match against the West Indies.
In his first innings of his Test debut against India in December 2014, Hazlewood collected five wickets. His bowling helped Australia gain a decisive advantage in the match and also was a member of Australia’s World Cup team in 2015. Hazlewood took 4 wickets in the quarterfinal match, which helped his team win.
Hazlewood earned Player of the Match recognition for his remarkable performance after taking six wickets in the first innings of the first day-night test in cricket history. Josh Hazlewood also broke an unusual milestone by going the entire 33-match ODI series without being dismissed.
In the 2017 Champions Trophy, Josh Hazlewood was selected as his team’s captain and finished with 9 wickets. He also occupied the top spot in the ODI rankings in 2017. Josh Hazlewood played in four of the Ashes 2019 matches after being selected for the Australian team. He took 20 wickets in four games. Josh Hazlewood earned a spot on the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup T20I team and finished the tournament with 6 wickets.
Hazlewood just played in the opening Ashes 2021–22 match and claimed 3 wickets,
Hazlewood made his IPL debut in 2020 after being signed by Chennai Super Kings for 2 crores. He played in three games in 2020, but he didn’t live up to the expectations of the crowd. In 2021, he made a comeback, playing in nine games and taking 11 wickets for CSK. Chennai let Hazlewood go following the season.
At the major TATA IPL 2022 auction, Josh Hazlewood was acquired by Royal Challengers Bangalore for an astounding 7.75 crores. Hazlewood participated in 12 games throughout the season and took 20 wickets. Youngest player ever to play for Australia in an ODI. youngest fast bowler to represent New South Wales in a first-class match.
The Under-19 World Cup in 2008 included the youngest member of the Australian team. the first cricketer to take five wickets in a Day-Night Test match.
The first player to receive the Man of the Match honor in a day-night test. the first bowler to place in the top 10 in all three formats of cricket—ODI, Test, and T20.
Net worth & Source of Income
Hazlewood is projected to have a total net worth of Rs. 16 crores ($2.4 million) in 2021, with the majority of his income coming from brand endorsements and his professional cricket career.
Endorsement of a brand
Hazlewood, a cricket player for Australia, has appeared in ads for Alinta Energy. He also represents Kookaburra Sport as a brand in the UK.
Murphy Cherina Josh Hazlewood is currently dating Christian, the love of his life. They, his future wife, do not currently have children. According to a close cousin, Josh and Cherina are engaged and preparing to reveal the date of their nuptials.
- Josh was a member of the ICC Men’s T20I Team of the Year for 2021.
- Hazlewood received a national contract from Cricket Australia in April 2018 for the 2018–19 season.
- When Hazlewood won “Player of the Match” in the first-ever day-night Test match in November 2015, he created history.
- In 2015, Josh bowled Martin Guptill for the first-ever day-night Test wicket during a match against New Zealand by lbw.
Some Interesting Facts
- Hazlewood excelled in a variety of sports at his school. Cricket, shotput, discus, and javelin throwing were among the “a handful” of sports he mentioned as his favorites.
- From under-13s through under-15s, I was the three-time Australian champion in the javelin, according to Hazlewood. In an interview on his love of numerous sports, he said, “I was also good at shot put and discus.
- However, because cricket was a team activity and you could play it with your buddies at any time, I enjoyed it.
- There are rumors that almost 11 years ago, when the chances were 500-1, friends of Hazlewood’s father placed a $100 (US$82) wager with British bookmakers on Josh becoming a Test player before the age of 30. The bet was successful since each of his dad’s friends earned Aus$50,000—or a return of 500 times the initial bet—in 2014 following Hazlewood’s debut.
- A remarkable event from a match at the youth level was reportedly shared by his mentor and junior cricket coach Mick Shelton. The final child hobbled off when Josh hit him on the toe, the guy claimed. “He (Hazlewood) got five in a row,” the man said. Josh would have probably got six wickets in a row, but the final player backed out of the game because he was too terrified.
- With 13 wickets at the end of the 2010 U-19 world cup, Hazlewood climbed to third position overall in terms of wickets taken. He gave his best performance in the championship game, as Australia overcame Pakistan by 25 runs with the help of his four wickets. As a result, he received the Man of the Match trophy.
- He also won the 2015 ICC Emerging Player of the Year honor.