Just Sam Quick Bio
|Real Name||Samantha Diaz|
|Nick Name||Just Sam|
|Born||November 23, 1998|
|Age||23 years old (As of 2022)|
|Profession||Singer, Song writer|
|Known For||Crowned the winner of the
eighteenth season of American Idol
|Birthplace||Harlem, New York|
|Height/ Tall||In feet inches- 5’8′|
|Weight||In kilograms- 65 kg|
|Bra Cup Size||32 D|
|Hair Color||Curly Black|
|Shoe Size||7 (US)|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known
Sister: Diaz and Anabelle
|Previous Dating?||Not Known|
|Favorite Color||White and Black|
|Favorite Actor||Kit Harrington|
|Favorite Actress||Emma Watson|
|Hobbies||Shopping, Traveling, Partying|
|Social Media Links|
Just Sam real name is Samantha Diaz (born November 23, 1998) is a singer, songwriter based in Harlem, New York. She rose her fame after winning the eighteenth season of the singing reality show American Idol. On May 17, 2020, Just Sam was crowned the winner of the eighteenth season of American Idol, beating runner-up Arthur Gunn. Just Sam, captured viewers’ hearts with her emotional back story, vivacious personality and soul-stirring vocals.
Just Sam Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- As of 2022, Just Sam age is 23 years old.
- She stands on a height of 5 feet 8 inches.
- She weighs around 65 Kg or 143 lbs.
- Her body measurements are 34-24-35 inches.
- She wears a bra cup size of 32 D.
- Also, she has brown eyes and has black curly hair.
- She is a fitness freak as well.
- She wears a shoe size of 7 US.
- Her dress size size is 5 US
Just Sam Net Worth
- As of 2022, Just Sam net worth is estimated around $1 million USD.
- Her primary source of income is her singing career.
- She also earns from her brand endorsements.
- She also loves doing charity work.
- Currently, she is linked up with charity organisation as well.
|Net Worth||Approx $1 Million
(As of 2022)
|Endorsements||Approx $500 – $600|
Just Sam Sexuality & Boyfriend
- As of 2022, she is single and very focused on her career.
- In her documentary, ‘Sam Underground’, she revealed about her sexuality.
- She likes it when people mistake her for a boy.
- However, she made it clear that she is not a lesbian.
- Her sexuality is straight.
Born, Family & Education
- Just Sam was born and raised in Harlem, New York.
- She holds American nationality.
- Also, she belongs to white mixed ethnicity.
- She had a tough upbringing.
- With her mother in jail, she spent time in foster care before being adopted at the age of six by her Liberian grandmother, Elizabeth.
- She has siblings as well.
- She has two adopted sisters named, Diaz and Anabelle.
- In 2008, she was the topic of a short documentary called Sam, Underground, which was shot and produced by Joe Penney and Ladan Osman.
- On the documentary, she explained that in high school, she was bullied for how she dressed, inspiring her “Just Sam” nickname.
Just Sam Career
- As per her career, in 2019, Just Sam auditioned for the eighteenth season of the singing reality show American Idol in Washington, D.C.
- After surviving Hollywood Week and making it into the Top 5, Just Sam received the most votes to win, and on May 17, 2020.
- Just Sam was crowned the winner of the eighteenth season of American Idol, beating runner-up Arthur Gunn.
Just Sam Facts
- During the Hawaii round, Sam sang “Como La Flor” by Selena entirely in Spanish.
- She is a religious lady.
- She’d won the public vote by host Ryan Seacrest, who was broadcasting from his garage.
- She heard the news while clutching an iPad that was connected to a call with her grandmother, who brought her up.
- She relocated from New York to LA for the live stages of the singing contest.
- When the show started filming remotely due to the pandemic, she faced a tough choice – either return to Harlem or remain alone in quarantine in LA.
- Previously, she is a subway singer in New York.
- She broke down in tears while auditioning for the show in Washington DC last year, before stunning the judges with a stirring performance of Andra Day’s Rise Up.
- And she took on her stage name at high school after being bullied over her appearance.
- She said:
“IN HIGH SCHOOL, THEY DIDN’T KNOW WHICH CATEGORY TO PUT ME IN,” SHE SAID IN ONE EPISODE. “I WASN’T A GIRL, NOT A BOY, BUT BOTH. AND I’M LIKE, ‘JUST SAM – IT SOUNDS PERFECT. I THINK I’M GOING TO USE THAT AS MY STAGE NAME FOREVER.’”
- She faced stiff competition from Arthur Gunn, a Nepalese-American singer whose gritty rock vocals made him one of the favourites to win, in the final.
- But Sam’s powerful rendition of Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You), by the first ever Idol winner Kelly Clarkson, and an emotional reprise of Day’s Rise Up earned her the public vote.
- The finale ended with a performance of the 1985 charity anthem ‘We Are The World’, led by co-writer Lionel Richie and his fellow judges.
- Just Sam also joined the chorus, alongside an all-star group of Idol alumni – including Jordin Sparks, Fantasia, Katharine McPhee, Ruben Studdard and Scotty McCreery, whose faces were virtually projected onto some of America’s most famous landmarks.