Kate Garraway is a British journalist who also works as a TV and radio presenter. Kate Garraway is best known for her English show ‘Good Morning Britain’ on ITV Breakfast and her Smooth Radio show ‘Mid Mornings with Kate Garraway.’
How old is Kate Garraway?
Kate Garraway was born on June 4, 1967, in Abingdon-on-Thames, Berkshire, England. She is currently 53 years old. There is no information about her father’s or mother’s names as of yet. Her father was a civil servant, and her mother was a teacher. There is no more information about her sibling or childhood friends. But we can assume that her parents raised her well and that she had a happy age.
Education of Kate Garraway
In her hometown of Abingdon, she attended Dunmore Primary School and Fitzharris School. In terms of higher education, she received a BA in English and History from Bath College of Higher Education
How much does Kate Garraway earn?
Working for various media and spending years in the news field, we can say that she has to earn a decent amount of money in a professional career. She has not revealed her exact salary or net worth in the media. Her net worth is estimated to be in the millions, according to some sources. She leads a lavish lifestyle. As a result, we can conclude that she has amassed a substantial sum of money.
Is Kate Garraway dating someone?
Kate Garraway is a woman who has been married. She was in two relationships. She first married Ian Rumsey, a former ITV Meridian executive, in 1998. They had a four-year relationship before divorcing in April 2002. Following her divorce, she married Derek Draper in Camden, London. After three years of dating, they married in 2005.
Derek was a political aide to former Labour cabinet minister Peter Mandelson and the subject of the Lobbygate scandal. They have two children, Darcey Mary and William, from their marriage. Their first child was born on March 10, 2006, in Hammersmith, Fulham, London.
Scandals of Kate Garraway
In February 2008, she filed a lawsuit against the Sunday Mirror. The issue was that they published a photograph of her hugging du Beke and made false news that they were having an affair, which the pair denied.
How tall is Kate Garraway?
Kate Garraway is a stunning lady. She stands 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs a known weight. She also has blonde hair and green eyes. Her body measurements are approximately 36-28-35 inches.
Career line of Kate Garraway
- When it comes to Kate Garraway’s professional career, she began as a production journalist in the South edition of ITV News Central on ITV Central in 1994. After working as a production journalist for two years, she was hired as co-presenter of the South East edition of ITV News Meridian in 1996 after a boss saw her presenting skills in a three-minute bulletin on ITV Central.
- After gaining national attention from BBC News 24, she joined as the stories singing of the Good Friday Agreement, and then she Sunrise on Sky News with Martin Stanford in 1998. In 2009, when GMTV was re-launched, she co-hosted a program with Ben Shephard. She also worked as a co-presenter with Eamonn Holmes, John Stapleton, and Dan Lobb.
- The show aired on Monday, Tuesday, and alternate-day Wednesday. On August 31, 2010, she left GMTV. She began her broadcasting career with BBC Radio Oxford and co-hosted two episodes of ‘Weekend Breakfast’ with her co-host Colin Paterson on August 19, 2012.
- From March 2014 to November 2016, she appeared as a guest presenter on the show. She made a cameo appearance in Hollyoaks in September 2017.
- She also competed in the fifth series of Strictly Come Dancing as a partner with professional dancer Anton du Beke, finishing in eighth place. She is still doing well in her career. In November of 2019, she was ranked fourth in the nineteenth series of I’m a Celebrity… Get me out of here!
Awards and Nominations of Kate Garraway
The Global Awards 2020 will be held on March 5th at London’s Eventim Apollo, and the hosts will be Roman Kemp and Myleene Klass, with new co-host Kate Garraway replacing Rochelle Humes. Aside from that, she has received awards and recognition for her work even to this day.