Facts of Kelly Preston
|Full Name:||Kelly Preston|
|Net Worth:||$180 million|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches|
|Profession:||Actress and Model|
|Kids:||Three (Jett, Ella Bleu, and Benjamin)|
Kelly Preston is an American former model and actress. Kelly Preston has appeared in more than 60 television shows and films. She is also known for her roles in ‘Mischief,’ ‘Twins,’ and ‘Jerry Maguire.’
How old is Kelly Preston?
Kelly Preston was born Kelly Kamalelehua Smith on October 13, 1962, in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. She was an American citizen with a Libra horoscope. Peter Palzis, her father, and Linda Carlson, her mother, are her parents’ names. Her mother was a mental health center administrator, and her father worked in an agricultural firm. Unfortunately, he drowned when Kelly was only three years old. Kelly was adopted by her mother’s second husband, Peter Palzis. Chris Palzis is her half-brother.
Kelly was born in Iraq and spent her childhood there. She then relocated to Australia with her family. Kelly then spent a lot of time in Australia. She attended Adelaide’s ‘Pembroke School’ before transferring to ‘Punahou School.’ She then enrolled at the ‘University of Southern California’ to study drama. When she returned to Hawaii, she began appearing in commercials and developed a strong interest in acting, which she went on to pursue full-time.
Preston died on July 12, 2020, at the age of 57, just two years after being diagnosed with breast cancer. Her diagnosis had been kept quiet and was not widely publicized. Preston was being treated at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. Preston died at her home in Anthony, Florida. Her death was revealed in an Instagram post by John Travolta and Ella Bleu.
Jett Travolta, Preston’s son, was described as having Kawasaki disease as an infant and having a history of seizures. Preston appeared on The Montel Williams Show in 2003 to promote L. Ron Hubbard’s Purification Rundown, which she credited with helping her son. Jett Travolta died on January 2, 2009, while on vacation in the Bahamas with his family. Travolta and Preston confirmed long-held rumors when they testified in September 2009 that their son had autism and suffered from seizures on a regular basis.
This revelation came during their testimony at the trial, which was the result of an extortion attempt related to their son’s death. On January 23, 2009, three people were arrested in the Bahamas in connection with a multimillion-dollar extortion plot against Travolta and Preston regarding the circumstances of their son’s death. Obie Wilchcombe, a member of the Bahamian Parliament and former Bahamian Minister of Tourism, was described as Travolta and Preston’s “close friend.”
Tarino Lightbourne, an EMT, and Pleasant Bridgewater, a Bahamian senator, were allegedly also involved. Bridgewater was charged with extortion and conspiracy to extort and resigned from the Senate as a result of the allegations. The first trial ended in a mistrial. After a second jury was selected, the Travoltas chose to drop the case, and all charges against the defendants were dropped.
How much does Kelly Preston earn?
Kelly earns a lot of money and fame as an actress and former model in the entertainment industry. According to some online reports, her net worth was around $180 million, which included her assets and earnings.
Is Kelly Preston dating someone?
Kelly had a couple of relationships in the relationship. Kelly Preston married actor Kevin Gage in 1985, but the marriage ended in divorce in less than two years. She then dated George Clooney for a year or so. She was then engaged to Charlie Sheen in 1990, but the relationship ended shortly after he allegedly shot her in the arm. Preston told TMZ in 2011 that Sheen did not shoot her.
Preston first met John Travolta in 1987 while filming The Experts. They married in 1991, flying to Paris on an Air France Concorde for a wedding ceremony at the Hotel de Crillon on September 5, 1991. However, a second ceremony was required because the first, performed by a French Scientology minister (both Preston and Travolta were Scientologists), was deemed invalid. The second ceremony was held on September 12 in Daytona Beach, Florida. Preston and Travolta had three children: Jett (born April 13, 1992 – January 2, 2009), Ella Bleu (born 2000), and Benjamin (born 2010). Preston remained a Scientologist until her death. Furthermore, she enjoys spending time with her family and kids.
How tall is Kelly Preston?
Regarding Kelly Preston’s body measurement, she was 5 feet 7 inches tall and had a weight of 57 kg. She had a pair of blue eyes and blonde hair. Moreover, her body measurement was 37-25-35 inches. Kelly used to wear a dress size of 2 (US) and a shoe of size 10 (US) (US). Also, she used a 42 C bra size. As an actress, she had a very beautiful face and body. She had a fair complexion and an adorable personality.
Career line of Kelly Preston
- Kelly Preston began her career with commercials and minor roles in television and film. She began her career when she was sixteen years old. Her first big break came in 1985, when she was cast as ‘Marilyn McCauley’ in the romantic comedy teen film ‘Mischief.’
- Later, she was cast as ‘Deborah Ann Fimple’ in the romantic comedy ‘Secret Admirer.’ In the years since, she has appeared in films such as ‘SpaceCamp’ (1986), ‘Love at Stake’ (1987), ‘Amazon Women on the Moon’ (1987), ‘The Experts’ (1989), and ‘Cheyenne Warrior’ (1994).
- In 2000, she appeared in the film ‘Battlefield Earth,’ playing the girlfriend of the protagonist ‘Terl,’ played by her husband John Travolta. Kelly appeared in the ‘Maroon 5’ music video ‘She Will Be Loved’ in 2004. The video reached the top of the charts and was a commercial success. Kelly played the love interest of ‘Maroon 5’ frontman Adam Levine.
- Kelly has appeared in over 60 productions across television and film in her career. She has collaborated with some of the most influential people in the industry.
- Kelly appeared in projects such as ‘Twins’ in 1988 with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito, ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ in 1996 with Quentin Tarantino, George Clooney, and Harvey Keitel, ‘Addicted to Love’ in 1997 with Meg Ryan and Matthew Broderick, ‘Death Sentence’ with Kevin Bacon in 2007, and ‘Casino Jack’ with Kevin Spacey in 2010.
- In 2018, she co-starred in the biographical crime film ‘Gotti’ with her real-life husband, John Travolta. Kelly has collaborated with some of the industry’s biggest names, including Quentin Tarantino, George Clooney, Harvey Keitel, Kevin Spacey, Debra Winger, Zooey Deschanel, Hank Azaria, and her husband John Travolta.
- In addition, the talented actress has appeared in a number of critically acclaimed short films, including the ‘Academy’ award-nominated ‘Little Surprises’ in 1996.
- Preston worked as a spokesperson for Neutrogena, appearing in print and television advertisements. Preston’s final red carpet appearance was in 2018 at the New York City premiere of her husband’s television miniseries Gotti. She is a staunch supporter of parental and children’s rights. She is also very vocal about drug, education, and environmental issues.