Facts of Kevin Plank:
|Full Name:||Kevin Plank|
|Wife:||Desiree Jacqueline Guerzon|
|Height:||6 feet 1 inches (1.85m)|
Kevin Plank is a multibillionaire businessman and philanthropist from the United States. Kevin Plank is the founder, CEO, and chairman of the well-known sportswear, footwear, and accessories company ‘Under Armour.’
Who is the Brother of Kevin Plank?
Kevin Plank is 48 years old as of 2019. He was born on August 13, 1972, in Kensington, Maryland, USA. Kevin A. Plank is his birth name. He is an American nationality. His father’s name is William Plank, and he was a prominent Maryland land developer. Jayne Harper Plank, his mother, is a former mayor of Kensington. He is also the family’s youngest brother, with four older brothers.
Where did Kevin Plank go to College?
Plank was expelled from his Catholic school, Georgetown Preparatory School, due to behavioral issues and poor academic performance. In 1990, he graduated from St. John’s College High School. Following that, he began playing football in an attempt to attract the attention of NCAA Division I schools, but he was not recruited. Despite this, he received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Maryland, College Park in 1996.
How much is the Net Worth of Kevin Plank?
In 2003, he was ranked 24th on Sports Illustrated’s list of the “Most Powerful People in Sports.” In the same year, he was ranked fourth among America’s 20 Most Powerful CEOs 40 and Under. In addition, he is a ‘Sporting Goods Industry Hall of Famer,’ ‘Most Creative People in Business by Fast Company,’ and ‘Achiever of the Year by Success Magazine.’
Kevin has made a lot of money as a successful businessman and the largest individual shareholder. Furthermore, as of September 2019, his net worth was $1.7 billion.
Who is the Wife of Kevin Plank?
Kevin has been married since 2003 to Desiree Jacqueline Guerzon, an American executive, businesswoman, and professional nurse. Kevin James Plank, the eldest child, and Katherine Plank, the youngest child, are the couple’s two children. Despite rumors that he was having an affair with Stephanie Ruhle, he now appears to be a family man.
There were rumors that he was having an affair with Stephanie Ruhle. She was an MSNBC news host. Kevin and Stephanie used to fly over in his private jet. Employees at Under Armour believed there was something going on between billionaire CEO Kevin Plank and MSNBC host Stephanie Ruhle.
There were also allegations that Plank used the company’s private plane for personal reasons. After Under Armour’s stock dropped 45 percent and the company reported losses for two consecutive quarters due to intense competition, he was named one of the “worst CEOs” in the world.
How Tall is Kevin Plank?
Kevin is 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighs about 77 kilograms. Similarly, his hair is black, and his eyes are light brown. There is no information about his body size, shoe size, or dress size.
Plank is a popular Instagram user with 90.3 thousand followers, but he is not active on other social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter.
Career Line of Kevin Plank
- According to Kevin, while playing football for the Maryland Terrapins, he was “the sweatiest guy on the field,” which inspired him to create Under Armour.
- This thought compelled him to seek out something that would wick sweat away from his skin.
- Similarly, Plank started Cupid’s Valentine and earned $3000, which he used as seed money for Under Armour.
- He started the business after graduating with a combination of his own money, credit cards, and a small business administration loan. He began his business in his grandmother’s basement in Washington, D.C.
- Similarly, he sent the shirts to his friends who were playing professional football, asking them to distribute them in the locker rooms.
- He sold his first Under Armour shirt #0037 from his car. By the end of 1996, Plank had sold 500 Under Armour Heat Gear shirts for $17,000, resulting in $1 million in direct sales and teams began to purchase the clothing.
- In 2010, Under Armour’s revenue surpassed one billion dollars. For $475 million, Under Armour purchased two fitness apps, ‘My Fitness Pal’ and ‘Endomondo.’
- He wanted his company to be like Google, Apple, and Forbid and to challenge them.
- In 2016, the company debuted a new non-performance men’s and women’s wear line.
- In addition, as of today, Kevin has a net worth of $2.1 billion and employs over 11,000 people through Under Armour.