Facts of Lily Tomlin
|Full Name:||Lily Tomlin|
|Net Worth:||$15 million|
|Height:||5 feet 7 inches|
|Profession:||Actress, Comedian, Producer, and Writer|
|Sibling:||One (Richard Tomlin)|
Lily Tomlin is an American actress, writer, producer, and comedian. Lily Tomlin is also well-known on Broadway; she is the only comedienne to have ever performed a solo comedy act. Following her success on the show, Tomlin created her own comedy videos, portraying characters from ‘Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In.’ She has won numerous awards, including a ‘Primetime Emmy,’ a ‘Tony Award,’ a ‘Woman in Film Crystal Award,’ and a ‘Grammy Award.’
How old is Lily Tomlin?
Lily Tomlin was born on September 1, 1939, in Detroit, Michigan, USA. She is a naturalized nationality of the United States. Similarly, she is 81 years old and a Virgo. Her full name is Mary Jean Tomlin. She was born and raised in Michigan in a middle-class family. Her parents’ names are Guy Tomlin and Lillie Mae. Her father was a factory worker, and her mother was a housewife and a nurse’s aide. During the Great Depression, their family relocated from Kentucky to Detroit. She also has a younger brother named Richard Tomlin.
Tomlin attended Cass Technical High School and graduated in 1957. Tomlin studied biology at Wayne State University. She auditioned for a play, which piqued her interest in a career in the theatre, and she changed her major. After graduating from college, Tomlin began performing stand-up comedy in nightclubs in Detroit and, later, New York City. She then went on to study acting at the HB Studio. Her first television appearance was on The Merv Griffin Show in 1965. A year later, she joined the cast of The Garry Moore Show’s third and final incarnation.
How much is Lily Tomlin’s Net Worth?
Lily Tomlin has a net worth of $15 million. Her net worth stems from her career as an actress, comedian, writer, and producer. She also owns two homes in Los Angeles, California. Tomlin currently resides in Valley Village, California.
Who is Lily Tomlin’s Wife?
Tomlin first met Jane Wagner in 1971. Wagner is an American writer, producer, and director best known as the creative force behind The Search for Intelligent Life in the Universe. Tomlin invited Wagner to collaborate on a comedy album and eventually began dating her. She has always been open about her sexual orientation. After 42 years of courtship, Tomlin and Wagner married in a private ceremony in Los Angeles on December 31, 2013. In 2013, Tomlin and Wagner collaborated on the film An Apology to Elephants, which Wagner wrote and Tomlin narrated.
How tall is Lily Tomlin?
Lily Tomlin stands 5 feet 6 inches tall. She weighs 57 kilograms. Similarly, her body measurements are 35-25-36 inches, and her bra size is 35 B. She has an hourglass body type due to her career as an actress. Lily has lovely blue eyes and dark brown hair. Other details, such as her dress size and shoe size, are still unknown. Despite her advanced age, she appears to be in excellent health.
Career line 0f Lily Tomlin
- After appearing as a hostess on ABC’s ‘The Music Scene,’ Tomlin joined NBC’s popular comedy show ‘Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In’ in 1969. She was a regular on the show, playing a variety of characters. Tomlin released her first comedy video, ‘This Is A Recording,’ on Polydor Records in 1971.
- It was inspired by ‘Ernestine,’ one of her characters from ‘Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In.’ It became the highest-charting album by a female comedian.
- In 1972, she released her second comedy album, ‘And That’s The Truth,’ which was based on ‘Edith Ann,’ her character from ‘Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In.’
- From 1975 to 1984, Tomlin had a number of comedic roles in films such as ‘Nashville,’ directed by Robert Altman, ‘Nine to Five,’ a working women’s vindictive comedy, and ‘All of Me,’ in which she starred alongside Steve Martin. In 1985, Tomlin performed a one-woman Broadway show called ‘The Search For Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe,’ which was written and directed by Jane Wagner.
- In 1989, she appeared in another film, ‘Big Business,’ a comedy film in which she co-starred with Bette Midler. In the film, Tomlin and Midler portrayed twin sisters.
- She starred in the animated television series ‘The Magic School Bus’ from 1994 to 1997. In the show, she played the character ‘Ms. Frizzle.’ Around the same time, she appeared in the sitcom TV series ‘Murphy Brown.’ In 1998, she was inducted into the Michigan Women’s Hall of Fame. Tomlin is a strong supporter of the feminist and gay rights movements.
- She appeared in the gay-friendly film ‘Modern Scream.’ She played the character of ‘Margot’ in the popular sitcom ‘Will & Grace’ in 2005-06. Around the same time, she was a regular on ‘The West Wing.’
- Tomlin appeared as ‘Roberta Simmons’ in the popular television series ‘Desperate Housewives’ from 2008 to 2009. She also appeared in an episode of ‘The Simpsons’ titled ‘The Last of the Red Hat Mamas.’
- Tomlin made a guest appearance in the HBO series ‘Eastbound and Down’ in 2012. She also appeared in the TV show ‘Malibu Country,’ alongside Reba McEntire. In 2015, Tomlin appeared in the comedy-drama film ‘Grandma.’
- In 2017, she returned to the role of ‘Professor Frizzle’ in ‘The Magic School Bus Rides Again,’ a sequel to ‘The Magic School Bus.’
Awards and Nominations of Lily Tomlin
Lily Tomlin has received numerous prestigious awards during her 40-year career, including a ‘Primetime Emmy,’ a special ‘Tony Award’ for her Broadway show, a ‘Tony Award’ for ‘Best Actress,’ a ‘Women in Film Crystal Award,’ a ‘Mark Twain Prize,’ and a ‘Grammy Award.’ Lily Tomlin and her partner Jane Wagner received the 345th star on the Walk of Stars in Palm Springs, California on March 16, 2012. For the album ‘And That’s The Truth,’ she received a ‘Grammy’ nomination for ‘Best Comedy Recording.’
She was one of five honorees at the 2014 Kennedy Center Honors in December. Tomlin received a Tony Award for his work on the show ‘The Search for Intelligent Life in the Universe,’ which was later adapted into a film. In 2017, she was honored with the Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement Award. Tomlin is a supporter of women’s issues and has received the ‘Fenway Health’s Dr. Susan M. Love Award.’