Facts of Marge Cooney
|Full Name::||Marge Cooney|
|Birth Place:||West Orange, NJ|
|Children:||Michael Donahue, Kevin Donahue, James Donahue, Mary Rose Donahue|
|Net Worth:||$25 million|
Marge Cooney is a searching name in the entertainment world. She is not a showbiz personality. Cooney gained media attention because she was the ex-wife of Phil Donahue, an American media personality, writer, and film producer.
What Age is Marge Cooney?
Marge Cooney was born in West Orange, NJ, and spent 30 years in Chatham, NJ, and Boca Raton, FL. She also spent 57 summers in Sea Girt. She was of white ethnicity and had American nationality.
Is Marge Cooney still Alive or Death?
Marge Cooney died on Friday, February 2, 2018, at Brandywine at Wall. It was surrounded by her children and extended family. She was also a parishioner of St. Mark’s Church in Sea Girt. She was also a long-time member of the Spring Lake Golf Club. She was also a member and community volunteer at St. Joan of Arc Church in Boca Raton, FL. Marge Cooney died on Friday, February 2, 2018, at Brandywine at Wall.
Marge Cooney’s Married Life
Marge Cooney was divorced. But the former couple’s love story began when she met Phil. They were college sweethearts. They met for the first time at Notre Dame, while Marge was studying at Marquette University. Soon after, the couple began to spend quality time together in their relationship.
Marge married Phil shortly after graduating in 1957. Marge married husband Phil Donahue on February 1, 1958, after a year of engagement, in a small ceremony attended by close friends, family, and relatives.
From their marriage, the couple had four children. They are Michael Donahue, born in 1959, Kevin Donahue, born in 1960, James Donahue, born in 1963, and Mary Rose Donahue, born in 1965. As husband and wife, they were together for 16 years. Marge divorced Phil in 1975. Following their divorce, she relocated to Albuquerque, New Mexico’s largest city, while Donahue took custody of their four sons.
What is her ex-Husband’s Net Worth?
Marge Cooney has just captured the media’s attention as the celebrity wife. However, details about her professional life are lacking, making it impossible to calculate her true net worth. Marge’s ex-husband, on the other hand, is estimated to have a net worth of $150 million. He also earns a yearly salary of $20 million dollars.
Phil Donahue Married to That Actress’s Actress Phil Donahue, a media personality after Marge, is married to Marlo Thomas, an American actress. They married on May 21, 1980, and currently live in Manhattan, New York. On May 15, 2020, Thomas celebrated her 40th wedding anniversary by posting a caked photo on her official Instagram account with her husband, Phil. She has been in four relationships, one of which was with Phil Donahue. Marlo Thomas, the stunning actress, has had relationships with David Geffen (1996), Herb Gardner (1971), Ron DeBlasio, and Henry Kissinger.
Due to her father’s favorite cause, the talented actress has been active in charity work at the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, which was founded in 1962 by her father.
Who is Her Ex-Husband?
- Marge Cooney’s ex-husband is an American television host and the creator of ‘The Phil Donahue Show.’
- This is also one of the first talk shows in which the audience participates.
- He is also a writer and film producer. Since 1996, he has been ranked among the top 50 TV Guide’s 50 Greatest TV Stars of All Time for his talk show.
- He was born on December 21, 1935, in Cleveland, Ohio, USA.
- In terms of education, he graduated from St. Edward High School in Cleveland.
- In 1957, he earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana.
- He began his career as a program director for WABJ radio in Adrian, Michigan, shortly after graduating from college.
- But then he got a job as a stringer for CBS Morning News.
- Later, he worked as an anchor at WHIO-TV in Dayton, Ohio. Following that, he hosted a talk show called Conversation Piece.
- From 1963 to 1967, he hosted the WHIO radio show. Furthermore, he had conducted interviews with people like ‘Jimmy Hoffa,’ ‘Billie Sol Estes,’ ‘John F. Kennedy,’ and ‘Johnny Carson.’
- He also interviewed heavyweight boxing champions Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier.
- However, he left WHIO-TV on November 6, 1967.
- Following that, he became the host of WLWD’s new television show, The Phil Donahue Show.
- The show began airing on various television and radio stations in January 1970.
- In the year 1974, the show traveled to Chicago. Later that year, in 1984, the show relocated to New York City.
- Throughout his broadcasting career, he received 20 Emmy Awards.
- He received ten awards for Outstanding Talk Show Host.
- He also won an award for hosting The Phil Donahue Show.
- In 1980, he received the prestigious Peabody Award.
- In addition, on November 20, 1993, he was inducted into the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame.