Matthew Berry is an American writer, columnist, fantasy sports analyst, and television personality best known for his work as an ESPN.com writer and sports analyst. ESPN’s Matthew Berry is a Senior Fantasy Sports Analyst. He is also referred to as “The Talented Mr.Roto.”
How old is Matthew Berry?
Matthew Berry will be 50 years old in 2020. He was born in Denver, Colorado on December 29, 1969. His parents are Nancy, a former mayor of the city, and Leonard Berry, a professor at Texas A&M University. He has a brother named Jonathan Berry among his siblings.
He is of American nationality, but his ethnicity is unknown. Capricorn is his astrological sign. In terms of education, he earned a bachelor’s degree in 1992 from Syracuse University.
How much is Matthew Berry Net Worth?
In terms of awards, he received Writer of the Year (Basketball) and Best Article on the Web (Football). In addition, he is a five-time Fantasy Sports Writers Association Award winner and a five-time Podcast Awards winner, which Berry co-hosts yearly with partners Field Yates and Stephania Bell on ESPN’s top-rated podcast.
The Fantasy Sports Trade Association named it the best Fantasy Sports podcast in 2015 and 2016, and it had won seven podcast awards until this year, when it was declared a “legacy” podcast, making it ineligible for additional awards.
Similarly, the Academy of Marketing Science named him Marketer of the Year in 2013 for his role in fueling the national growth of fantasy football. Berry was named an Emmy Award winner for his work on ESPN2’s Sunday morning show Fantasy Football Now, and he has recently hosted The Fantasy Show.
Furthermore, Matthew is one of only five people to be inducted into both the Fantasy Sports Trade Association and the Fantasy Sports Writer Association Halls of Fame. He is also a New York Times best-selling author, having written Fantasy Life (Riverhead/Penguin, 2013).
Moving on to Matthew’s net worth, he is a well-known journalist. At the age of 50, his net worth is estimated to be $2 million in 2020. His previous pear’s net worth and annual salary are being investigated.
Who is Matthew Berry Married to?
In terms of Matthew’s marital status, he is married to Beth Berry. Beth Berry is also employed by ESPN. They have five children. He frequently shares photos of his wife on social media to demonstrate his undying love for her.
How tall is Matthew Berry?
Matthew stands 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 76 kg. His other body measurements, such as chest, hip size, shoe size, waist size, and so on, are also unavailable. Similarly, he has light brown eyes and white hair due to aging.
Career line of Matthew Berry
- Moving on to Mathew’s career, Berry began his career as a Hollywood writer. He was on the show for a year. Bery was later accepted, officially launching him into the Los Angeles writing scene.
- He also worked on Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles and the final season of the TV show Married… with Children.
- Berry also launched two fantasy websites, RotoPass.com and TalentedMrRoto.com, in addition to his Bollywood writing.
- Steve Mason, the host of ESPN Radio, became a fan of the sites and invited him to speak on his show; he was introduced to the ESPN headquarters in Bristol, Connecticut, and began working there in 2007.
- His annual pre-season “Love/Hate” column is one of the most-read stories on ESPN.com all year, and his in-season columns are among the most-read pieces on ESPN.com on a weekly basis.
- He was a contributor to many top media outlets after joining ESPN, including MLB.com, NBA.com, and Rotoworld.
- He also spent two years as a consultant for the NBA, assisting the league in growing its fantasy basketball business. He performed a two-hour fantasy show there, which led to appearances on Cold Pizza.
- This led to him doing segments on ESPNEWS, which led to him having a column in ESPN The Magazine.
- This enabled him to launch The Fantasy Show. He is also a writer and producer, having worked on Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles (2001), Desperate Housewives (2004), and Avengers: Endgame (2019).
- Similarly, he has previously appeared on a variety of appearances throughout his career.
- He has appeared on SportsIllustrated.com, Fox Sports Radio, SportingNews.com, The Sporting News magazine, NFL Network, NBA TV, Fox Sports Net, Slam Magazine, and XM and Sirius Satellite Radio.