Who is Meg Foster? Meg Foster Biography and Wiki
Meg Foster is an American actress who became well known for her role in the miniseries of The Scarlet Letter and the films Ticket to Heaven, The Osterman Weekend, and They Live among many other projects. She is known for her stark blue eyes and husky yet smooth voice, Foster has played a number of roles that are either of deceitful villains or traitorous double agents.
Foster is involved in breeding horses at her ranch located in northwestern Washington state. She has gained notice for her distinctively pale, ice-blue eyes, which Mademoiselle magazine dubbed “the eyes of 1979.”
Meg Foster Age and Birthday
Foster is 72 years old as of 2020. She was born on May 10, 1948, in Reading, Pennsylvania, in the United States of America. She celebrates her birthday on May 10th, every year. She grew up in Rowayton, Connecticut. Foster is an American by nationality and she belongs to white ethnicity.
Meg Foster Height and Weight
Foster is a woman of average stature, she also appears to be quite tall in stature in her photos. She stands at a height of 5 ft 5 inches (1.69 m). She also weighs 132 lbs (60 kg).
Meg Foster Parents, Family
Meg is one of the five children of David Forster (father) and Nancy Foster (mother). We have no detailed information regarding her parents.
Meg Foster Siblings
She has three sisters, Gray, Jan, and Nina, and brother Ian. Having been interested in acting since she was quite young, Foster learned more about the craft at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre in New York.
Meg Foster Husband
Foster is currently unmarried. She was in a relationship with actor Ron Starr and has a son named Christopher Starr with him. At one point, she was married to Canadian actor Stephen McHattie. She hasn’t disclosed any further information about their relationship. Since their split, McHattie has married actress Lisa Houle. She was also in relationships with Brian Kerwin (1983) and Michael O’Keefe (1989).
Meg Foster Net Worth
Foster has enjoyed a long career in the film industry spanning almost five decades. Through proceeds from her work as an actress, she has been able to accumulate a modest fortune. Foster is estimated to have a net worth of about $14 million.
Meg Foster Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Foster.
Meg Foster Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Margaret Foster
- Popular As: Actress
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Actress
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Christian
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Meg Foster Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 72 years
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Date of Birth: May 10, 1948
- Place of Birth: Reading, Pennsylvania
- Birthday: May 10th
Meg Foster Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: To be updated
- Height / How Tall?: 5 ft 5 inches (1.69 m)
- Weight: 132 lbs (60 kg)
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Dark brown
- Shoe Size: To be updated
- Dress Size: To be updated
- Breast Size: To be updated
- Waist Size: To be updated
- Hip Size: To be updated
Meg Foster Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): David Forster
- Mother: Nancy Foster
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Sisters, Gray Foster, Jan Foster, Nina Foster, and brother Ian Foster
- Marital Status: Single
- Husband/Spouse: Divorced Christopher Starr
- Dating / Boyfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: One
Meg Foster Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $14 million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Actress
Meg Foste House and Cars
- Place of living: To be Updated
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Meg Foster Career
Foster established herself as a theater actress before her film and TV appearances. She appeared in a production of’ John Brown’s Body’ at Cornell Summer Theater in 1968. She also acted in the off-Broadway production of’ The Empire Builders’ that year. Her other credits for the stage include’ King Lear,” Barabbas,” Three Sisters’ and’ Extremities.’
Foster made her screen debut in a 1969 season three episode of’ NET Playhouse.’ Her first cinematic appearance came about a year later in the drama film ‘ Adam at Six A.M.’ Subsequently, before landing Nora’s role in the NBC telefilm’ Sunshine’ (1973) and her 1975 short-lived sequel series of the same name, she played a series of guests and recurring characters in various TV shows. She also appeared during this period in movies such as’ Thumb Tripping’ (1972),’ Welcome to Arrow Beach’ (1974). And’ The Different Story’ (1978).
Adapted from Nathaniel Hawthorne’s novel of the same name, the WGBH TV miniseries ‘ The Scarlet Letter’ (1979) starred Foster as Hester Prynne, a colonial-American woman spurned and punished by her puritanical neighbors and forced to wear a large scarlet letter ‘ A’ on the front of her dress for the rest of her life. The performance of Foster gained her much critical praise.
Foster shared screen space with Nick Mancuso, Saul Rubinek, and Kim Cattrall in the Canadian drama film ‘ Ticket to Heaven’ in 1981. The film, directed by Ralph L. Thomas, revolves around a man who becomes seduced into a cult. She joined the CBS cast police crime drama series ‘ Cagney & Lacey’ in 1982.
Originally, Loretta Swit was cast for Christine Cagney’s role and even portrayed the character on the pilot of the show, a TV movie released in 1981. However, she was still under contract with the producers of ‘M*A*S*H,’ in which she essayed Margaret “Hot Lips” Houlihan, and they rejected her request to appear in ‘Cagney & Lacey’.
Despite the setback, Foster continued to act throughout the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s. She starred alongside Rutger Hauer, John Hurt, Burt Lancaster, and Dennis Hopper in the 1983 suspense thriller’ The Osterman Weekend.’ She essayed the role of Holly Thompson opposite Roddy Piper’s Nada in the 1988 science fiction film’ They Live.’
She has portrayed Carla Grunwald in both’ Pretty Little Liars’ and’ Ravenwood’ in recent years. She played Josephine LaRue’s recurring role in’ The Originals’ in 2015. She is set to be the star of the sci-fi film ‘ S2 K’ and the horror thrillers ‘ Investigation 13,” There is no such thing as vampires,’ and’ Haunted: 333.’
She receives a lot of attention for her striking pale-blue eyes. While she herself believes that her eyes are not “so distinctive,” she has been asked several times by filmmakers and showrunners to wear contact lenses to lessen their distracting effects during screen performances. They were hailed by’ Mademoiselle’ magazine as “the eyes of 1979.”
Meg Foster Movies And TV Shows
1997 – 2018
- 2018 A Reckoning as Diane Maple
- 2018 Any Bullet Will Do as Ma Whitman
- 2018 Overlord as Chloe’s Aunt
- 2017 Teen Titans: The Judas Contract as Mother Mayhem
- 2017 Jeepers Creepers 3 as Gaylen Brandon
- 2016 Three Days in August as Maggie
- 2016 31 as Venus Virgo
- 2014 Investigation 13 as Layla Parrish
- 2012 The Lords of Salem as Margaret Morgan
- 2011 25 Hill as Audrey Gibbs
- 2011 Sebastian as Gloria
- 2004 Coming Up Easy as Mom
- 2003 Being with Eddie as Elinor
- 1999 The Minus Man as Irene
- 1998 Lost Valley as Mary-Ann Compton
- 1998 The Man in the Iron Mask as Queen Anne of France
- 1998 Spoiler as Woman #1
- 1997 Space Marines as Cmdr. Lasser
1970 – 1996
- 1996 Oblivion 2: Backlash as Stell Barr
- 1996 The Killers Within as Laura Seaton
- 1995 Undercover Heat as Mrs. V
- 1994 Oblivion as Stell Barr
- 1994 Shrunken Heads as Big Moe
- 1994 Immortal Combat as Quinn
- 1994 Lady in Waiting as Carrie
- 1993 Hidden Fears as Maureen Dietz
- 1993 Best of the Best 2 as Sue MacCauley
- 1992 Project Shadowchaser as Sarah
- 1992 Dead On: Relentless II as Carol Dietz
- 1991 Diplomatic Immunity as Gerta Hermann
- 1991 Future Kick as Nancy
- 1990 Tripwire as Julia
- 1990 Jezebel’s Kiss as Amanda Faberson
- 1990 Back Stab as Sara Rudnick
- 1989 Leviathan as Ms. Martin
- 1989 Relentless as Carol Dietz
- 1989 Blind Fury as Lynn Devereaux
- 1989 Stepfather II as Carol Grayland
- 1988 Riding Fast as Sara
- 1988 They Live as Holly Thompson
- 1987 Masters of the Universe as Evil-Lyn
- 1986 The Wind as Sian Anderson
- 1985 The Emerald Forest as Jean Markham
- 1983 The Osterman Weekend as Ali Tanner
- 1981 Ticket to Heaven as Ingrid
- 1980 The Legend of Sleepy Hollow as Katrina Van Tassel
- 1980 Carny as Gerta
- 1978 A Different Story as Stella Cooke
- 1974 Welcome to Arrow Beach as Robbin Stanley
- 1972 Thumb Tripping as Shay
- 1971 The Todd Killings
- 1970 Adam at 6 A.M. as Joyce
1971 – 1997
- 1997 Deep Family Secrets as Ellen
- 1992 To Catch a Killer as City Attorney Linda Carlson
- 1988 Betrayal of Silence as Julie
- 1987 Desperate as Dorymae
- 1984 Best Kept Secrets as Shari Mitchell
- 1983 Desperate Intruder as Joanna Walcott
- 1980 Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones as Jean Richie
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow as Katrina Van Tassel
- 1979 The Scarlet Letter as Hester Prynne
- 1977 Sunshine Christmas as Nora
- 1976 James Dean as Dizzy Sheridan
- 1975 Promise Him Anything as Marjorie
- 1974 Things in Their Season as Judy Pines
- 1973 Sunshine as Nora
- 1971 The Death of Me Yet as Alice
Meg Foster Blue Eyes
Foster is known for her beautiful and intense blue eyes. In some of her roles, her eyes make her look kind of creepy, but in real life, they are just beautiful and like I already mentioned, the soul behind them is just as beautiful.
Meg Foster They Live
He played the role of Holly Thompson in They Live a 1988 American science fiction film.
Meg Foster 31
31 is Rob Zombie’s 2016 American horror film, starring Sheri Moon Zombie, Jeff Daniel Phillips, Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs, Richard Brake, Jane Carr, Judy Geeson, and Meg Foster as Venus Virgo.
Meg Foster A Different Story
A Different Story is a 1978 American film directed by Paul Aaron and starring Meg Foster and Perry King. Set in Los Angeles, it tells the story of a gay man (King) and a lesbian (Foster) who become temporary housemates but end up falling in love with each other. Meg Foster played the role of Stella Cooke in the film.
Meg Foster As Cagney
Cagney & Lacey is an American television series that aired on the CBS television network for seven seasons from March 25, 1982, to May 16, 1988. Foster played the role of Det. Chris Cagney.
Meg Foster Circle Of Fear
Ghost Story is an American television anthology series that aired for one season on NBC from 1972 to 1973. Foster played the role of Julie Barnes in 1972 and in 1973 she played the role of Penny Wiseman.
Frequently Asked Questions About Meg Foster
Who is Meg Foster?
Foster is an American actress who became well known for her role in the miniseries of The Scarlet Letter and the films Ticket to Heaven, The Osterman Weekend, and They Live among many other projects.
How old is Meg Foster?
Foster is 72 years old as of 2020. She was born on May 10, 1948, in Reading, Pennsylvania. She celebrates her birthday on May 10th, every year.
How tall is Meg Foster?
Foster stands at a height of 5′ 6′′ (1.75 m).
Is Meg Foster married?
Foster is currently unmarried. She was in a relationship with actor Ron Starr and has a son named Christopher Starr with him. At one point, she was married to Canadian actor Stephen McHattie.
How much is Meg Foster worth?
Foster has an approximate net worth of $14 million. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the entertainment industry.
How much does Meg Foster make?
However, her exact salary has not yet been revealed but the information will be updated as soon as it is available.
Where does Meg Foster live?
Because of security reasons, Foster has not shared her precise location of residence. We will immediately update this information if we get the location and images of her house.
Is Meg Foster dead or alive?
Foster is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Meg Foster now?
Foster is still an active participant in the creative entertainment industry, she re-teamed with Rob Zombie in 2016 for his horror film 31 (2016), in which Foster plays a kidnapped carnival worker.
Meg Foster Social Media Contacts
- Tiktok: To be updated
- Website: To be updated
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Kinshuk Vaidya
- Derick Dillard
- Brendon Urie
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and