Mitski Miyawaki is one of the most popular singer-songwriters in the world, with millions of fans drawn to her heartfelt lyrics and music. Mitski is her stage name, not her full name. Lush, Retired from Sad, New Career in Business, Bury Me at Makeout Creek, Puberty 2, and Be The Cowboy is among her albums.
- Mitski’s songs prove what Victor Hugo, a French poet, once said: “Music expresses that which can not be put into words and that which cannot stay silent.”
- The indie-pop singer portrays repressed feelings, ambiguity, and introspection in her songs, and she never holds back in expressing her emotions.
- Mitski’s genuine approach to expressing her emotions makes it easy for everyone to connect with her lyrics, especially her LGBTQ fans.
- However, the same approach has drawn attention to the sexuality of the Japanese-American singer-songwriter.
Mitski’s Case of Gay Sexuality, Compared to SInger-Frank Ocean
Mitski’s music is well-received by the LGBTQ community. Perhaps this is why she has been accused of being gay. Mostly because she appears to have been through all of life’s trials and tribulations. On Twitter, one of her fans compared her sexuality to that of Frank Ocean, an openly gay American singer. Mitski was a closeted lesbian, while Ocean was an out gay man, she implied.
In addition, another Twitterati admitted to being a secret gay, implying that Mitski and singer Phoebe Bridgers were as well.
Despite the talk about her sexuality, the singer has made no comments or responded to the questions. Instead, she has remained tight-lipped and has left the debates to her fans.
Mitski’s Fans Remark on her songs, Feelings of Gay Fans are Echoed
While there have been questions about her sexuality, Mitski’s fans have provided answers as to why the rumors of her being gay persist. When a Reddit user asked why Mitski was labeled a woman-loving woman (WLW), another user clarified that it was because of the power of her song’s applicability. The user ‘Qiolee’ then went on to say that the majority of her songs’ lyrics shared a common theme of suppressed emotions and hidden romances.
He went on to say that her expressing such feelings could be interpreted as her sexuality expressing itself. Furthermore, the user speculated that such sentiments could explain why her music is so popular among LGBTQ+ people.
Another Reddit user expressed similar sentiments on the subject. The user ‘Verngyu’ stated that the sentiments expressed by the singer in her songs are representative of the majority of LGBTQ+ people’s experiences. He also wrote that Mistski songs like Shame and Yearning perfectly reverberate with queer people’s struggles. He went on to say that the conditions they face while surviving in society are shame and yearning.
Mitski’s songs, in a nutshell, struck a chord with the LGBTQ+ community around the world. And, regardless of her sexual orientation, it is the power of her lyrics’ applicability to everyone’s life that has made her a contemporary gay icon.
Ten Facts of Mitski
- Mitski Miyawaki was born on September 27, 1990, in New York City, New York, United States.
- She is of mixed Japanese and American ethnicity and is an American nationality.
- Libra is her zodiac sign.
- She is Miyawaki’s daughter, but she prefers to keep her parents out of the spotlight.
- Mitski earned her bachelor’s education from Purchase College but transferred to Purchase College to study music.
- She has amassed an impressive net worth as a Japanese-American songwriter and musician.
- Her annual income, however, has yet to be revealed.
- Mitski Miyawaki’s net worth is estimated to be $1 million as of 2018.
- Mitski’s love life is often speculated by her fans as a songwriter and musician.
- Mitski Miyawaki’s height and weight measurements as a Japanese-American songwriter and singer are unknown.