Facts of RuPaul
|Full Name:||RuPaul Andre Charles|
|Net Worth:||$60 million|
|Height:||6 feet 4 inches|
|Profession:||Drag queen, model, actor, singer and television personality|
|Sibling:||Three (Renetta Charles, Renae Charles and Rozy Charles)|
RuPaul is an American drag queen, model, actor, singer, and television personality. RuPaul is well-known for his cross-dressing personality and for his television shows. He has produced and hosted RuPaul’s Drag Race since 2009, for which he has received six Primetime Emmy Awards in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
How old is RuPaul?
RuPaul was born on November 17, 1960, in San Diego, California, and is now 59 years old (2020). Later, he relocated to Atlanta, Georgia. His full name is RuPaul Andre Charles. Ernestine, his mother, named him “Toni” Charles, a Louisiana native. He moved in with his mother and three sisters after his parents divorced in 1967. His father’s name is Irving Charles. Later, at the age of 15, he moved to Atlanta, Georgia, with his sister Renetta to study performing arts.
He was the only boy among his parents’ four children and began wearing his sister’s clothes and dabbling in cross-dressing and fashion at a young age. In terms of education, Charles attended the North Atlanta School of Performing Arts. Despite the fact that he did not graduate, it was a significant step forward in the world of performance and, ultimately, show business.
How much does RuPaul earn?
RuPaul’s net worth is estimated to be in the $60 million range. A drag queen’s average salary is $60,000 per year. For the first season, cast members are paid $400 per episode. In subsequent seasons, their pay rises by 5%: $420 per episode in their second season, $441 in their third, and so on. RuPaul returns to the world of scripted television in the first teaser for his upcoming Netflix series AJ and the Queen.
Does RuPaul have a Husband?
RuPaul is a proud gay man who married his longtime partner Georges LeBar. They danced together at Limelight in New York City when RuPaul was 34 years old. The couple had been dating for 23 years before getting married. RuPaul revealed to Buzzfeed that the couple never intended to marry. They have been married for three years, since January 2017.
RuPaul’s partner was born on January 24, 1973, in Australia, and is now 47 years old. He is a painter who has a successful career. He also manages a 60,000-acre ranch in Wyoming and South Dakota. RuPaul has no kids. In addition, we are unaware of any other relationships he has had.
How tall is RuPaul?
RuPaul is a slim, tall man with black eyes. He stands 6 feet 4 inches (1.93 m) tall and weighs 78 kg (172 lbs). He is a Scorpio and wears a men’s size 13. He is bald, but as a drag queen, he wears various types of wigs. RuPaul has a sizable fan base on social media. He has 1.7 million Facebook fans under the username RuPaul. Similarly, he has 4.2 million followers on his Instagram account (@rupaulofficial). He does not have a Twitter account, but there is one for RuPaul’s Drag Race, which has one million followers.
Career line of RuPaul
- Long before he was recognized for his flamboyant persona, he worked as an underground musician and filmmaker. He began performing in local Manhattan clubs and quickly became a popular attraction due to his various flamboyant stage acts.
- RuPaul released his debut album, ‘Supermodel of the World,’ in 1993. The music video for “Supermodel” was nominated for Best Dance Video at the 1994 MTV Video Music Awards. The album’s first single, ‘Supermodel (You Better Work),’ became an instant hit, bringing RuPaul worldwide recognition.
- His next two singles, ‘Back to My Roots’ and ‘A Shade Shady,’ topped the Billboard Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart. ‘MAC’ cosmetics signed RuPaul to model for the brand after he rose to prominence, making him the first-ever drag queen supermodel.
- Ho Ho Ho, his third album, was released in 1997. RuPaul released his fourth album, Red Hot, in 2004 on his own RuCo Inc. music label. In 1994, RuPaul made his film debut in Spike Lee’s ‘Crooklyn.’ Previously, in 2007, he appeared in a low-budget film called ‘RuPaul Is Starbooty!,’ also known as ‘Starrbooty.’
- RuPaul began producing RuPaul’s Drag Race in mid-2008, a reality television game show that debuted on Logo in February 2009.
- The show featured a panel of experienced judges who were tasked with selecting the next “drag superstar of America.” RuPaul released the album Champion in March 2009, which featured four singles: “Cover Girl,” “Jealous of My Boogie,” “Devil Made Me Do It,” and “Tranny Chaser.” Furthermore, the album peaked at number 12 on the Billboard Dance/Electronic Albums chart and number 26 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart.
- RuPaul hosted Logo’s second annual NewNowNext Awards in 2009. In March 2010, he released Drag Race, his second remix album. The album features remixes of songs from the 2009 album Champion. His sixth studio album, ‘Glamazon,’ was released in 2011.
- Born Naked, his seventh album, was released on February 24, 2014. It peaked at number four on the ‘US Billboard’ dance chart.
- His other albums include ‘Realness’ (2015), ‘Slay Belles’ (2015), ‘Butch Queen’ (2016), ‘Remember Me: Essential, Vol. 1’ (2017), ‘Remember Me: Essential Vol. 2’ (2017), and ‘American’ (2017). (2017).
- In the 1990s, he appeared in several popular TV shows, including ‘Nash Bridges’ (1996) and ‘Sabrina, The Teenage Witch’ (1997). (1998).
- He also appeared in ‘Ugly Betty’ (2010), ‘Mystery Girls’ (2014), ‘The Muppets’ (2016), ‘2 Broke Girls’ (2017), ‘Girlboss’ (2017), and ‘Drag Race Thailand’ (2018). RuPaul served as a judge on shows such as ‘Project Runway’ (2008) and ‘The Face’ (2014). He is also well-known for hosting the TV game show ‘Gay for Play Game Show Starring RuPaul’ (2016).
- RuPaul appeared in films such as ‘But I’m a Cheerleader’ (1999), ‘The Truth About Jane’ (2000), ‘Dangerous Liaisons’ (2005), ‘Another Gay Sequel: Gays Gone Wild’ (2008), and ‘Hurricane Bianca’ (2016).
- In January 2020, it was announced that he would host Saturday Night Live for the first time. The episode aired on February 8, 2020, and featured Justin Bieber as a musical guest. In the first trailer for his upcoming Netflix series AJ and the Queen, he returns to the world of scripted television.
Awards of RuPaul
RuPaul won the Critics’ Choice Real TV Awards in the category Competition Series in 2019 for his work on RuPaul’s Drag Race: Untucked. Critics’ Choice Television Awards named him Best Reality Show Host for his work on RuPaul’s Drag Race. In 2013, he was named the Best Dressed Reality TV Judge by Entertainment Weekly Awards for his work on RuPaul’s Drag Race. GLAAD Media Awards honored him with the GLAAD Vito Russo Award in 1999. The 2010 GLAAD Media Awards nominated RuPaul for Outstanding Reality Program (2010, 2019, and 2020). He won this award in 2010, and the outcome for 2020 is still pending.
Similarly, in 2018, he was inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television. He received MTV Movie & TV Awards for Best Reality Competition (2017) and Best Host (2017) for his work on RuPaul’s Drag Race. In 2010, he received a NewNowNext Award for Best New Indulgence. In 2016 and 2017, RuPaul received People’s Choice Awards for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Competition Program for his work on RuPaul’s Drag Race.
In 2018, he received Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Competition Program (2018) and Outstanding Competition Program for his work on RuPaul’s Drag Race. In 2019, he won Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Competition Program and Outstanding Competition Program (2019) for his work on RuPaul’s Drag Race. Similarly, he received the Producers Guild of America Award for Outstanding Producer of Game & Competition Television in 2019 and 2020 for his work on RuPaul’s Drag Race. In 2014, he received a TCA Award for Outstanding Achievement for his work on RuPaul’s Drag Race.