Serge Ibaka is a Congolese-Spanish professional basketball player. Most people recognize Serge Ibaka as the Toronto Raptors’ jersey number 9 player. As a member of the Toronto Raptors, he won his first NBA title.
How old is Serge Ibaka?
Serge Ibaka was born Serge Jonas Ibaka Ngobila. He was born on September 12, 1989. He is 31 years old right now. Serge was born in Brazzaville, Republic of Congo. He is of Congolese-Spanish nationality and is of mixed African and Spanish ethnicity. Serge Djonga was born to Amadou Djonga and Desiree Ibaka. Both of his parents were basketball players.
Serge appears to have followed in his parents’ footsteps into the world of basketball. His father, Desiree Ibaka, was a member of the Congolese national team for the Republic of the Congo. Likewise, his mother represented the Democratic Republic of the Congo. He was born into a family of 18 siblings, including. Igor Ibaka (brother) and Rachina Ibaka (sister) are the names of two of his siblings (sister). Serge is fluent in four languages: Lingala, French, English, and Spanish.
What is the Net Worth of Serge Ibaka?
Serge Ibaka is a professional basketball player who signed with the Los Angeles Clippers in 2020. The NBA player’s net worth is $12 million. It includes all of the games for which he is compensated as well as the endorsements that he receives.
Is Serge Ibaka in a relationship?
Serge had a brief relationship with Hedisa Visapa in 2011. Following his relationship with his ex-girlfriend, he began dating R&B singer Keri Hilson in 2012, but the couple split up in November 2016. Serge has a daughter named Ranie Ibaka. She was born while the basketball player was still a teenager. Similarly, he discovered the existence of his daughter when she was five years old. He first met his daughter, who lived in Congo, when he was eight years old.
How tall is Serge Ibaka?
Serge Ibaka is 6 feet 10 inches tall. He weighs 107kg. He has an athletic build. Similarly, he has black hair and dark brown eyes. Other information regarding his body measurements is being reviewed.
Career line of Serge Ibaka
- Serge began playing basketball at a young age. Avenir du Rail was his first club. He began playing basketball as a coping mechanism for his mother’s untimely death and his father’s imprisonment during the ‘Second Congo War.’
- Serge moved to France from Congo at the age of 17 and joined a second division basketball team before moving to Spain. Serge taught himself Spanish after relocating to Spain. After a short time in the foreign country, he began playing professionally with the second division basketball club ‘CB L’ Hospitalet’.
- Serge is the first player from the Republic of Congo to be selected in the NBA draft. In the year 2008, Ibaka attended a number of international showcases, where he first gained recognition. He also received the MVP award at the Reebok Euro camp, as well as the attention of NBA scouts. In the 2008 NBA draft, he was chosen by the Oklahoma City Thunder with the 24th pick.
- Later, he signed a three-year contract with Ricoh Manresa of the ABC League in Spain, with the option to leave for the NBA after each season.
- Despite being a rookie in the NBA, Ibaka has established himself as a starter in the Thunder rotation. He agreed to terms with the ‘Oklahoma City Thunder’ on a two-year contract (2009-2010). He set a record with seven blocks in game two in Los Angeles (the youngest player to have 7 blocks in a playoff game).
- During the 2011 NBA lockout, he signed a two-month contract with Real Madrid alongside Spain’s national basketball team teammate and friend Rudy Fernandez, with the option of returning to the NBA at the end of the lockout. After the lockout, he returned to the NBA from Spain.
- In August 2012, he agreed to a four-year, $48 million contract with the Thunder. During the 2013-2014 seasons, he suffered a left calf injury that forced him to miss several games. In Game 3 of the Conference Finals against the San Antonio Spurs, he made his return.
- Serge had 21 points and 22 rebounds in a 104-89 win over the Dallas Mavericks on February 19, 2015. In 2015, he was ruled out for 4-6 weeks after undergoing arthroscopic surgery to treat right knee pain.
- On June 23, 2016, Serge was traded to the Orlando Magic. On the 26th of October, he made his Magic debut in the season opener. Serge was traded to the Toronto Raptors again on February 14, 2017.
- Furthermore, ten days later, he made his comeback debut for the Raptors. On March 21, 2017, Ibaka was ejected after an altercation with Chicago Bulls center Robin Lopez, which resulted in a one-game suspension.
- On July 7, 2017, he re-signed with the Raptors to a three-year, $65 million contract. He helped the Raptors defeat the Golden State Warriors in six games during the NBA Finals in June 2019 to win his first NBA Championship. Ibaka signed with the Los Angeles Clippers on November 25, 2020.
- Serge Ibaka is the NBA champion (2019). From 2012 to 2014, he was named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team three times. He was also named the NBA’s block leader twice ( 2012, 2013). Similarly, he won a silver medal at the 2012 London Olympic Games. He also won a gold medal with the national team at the 2011 FIBA European Championship.