Facts of Shawn Christensen:
|Full Name:||Shawn Christensen|
|Net Worth:||$3 Million|
|Profession:||Filmmaker, Musician, Artist|
Shawn Christensen is an American filmmaker, musician, and artist. He is well-known as the frontman of the indie rock band “Stellastarr” and an academy award winner.
How old is Shawn Christensen?
Christensen was born in Poughkeepsie, New York, in 1979/1980. His birth date is unknown. His father is an engineer, and his mother is a librarian.
Aside from that, there is no information about his family or siblings. Shawn is of American nationality, but his ethnicity is unknown. Shawn received his Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts in Illustration and Graphic Design from Pratt Institute.
How much is Shawn Christensen Net Worth?
Christensen has amassed a great deal of fame and notoriety throughout his career. His dedication has paid off in his contributions to filmmaking and music. As a result, he has a net worth of $3 million.
Shawn has received numerous awards throughout his career. In 2013, he received the Academy Award for Best Short Film in the Live Action category. He also won the 24fps International Short Film Festival. In addition, he won the Best Actor and Audience Award in the short film, which was shown at the Brussels Short Film Festival.
He has also received awards from the Cleveland International Film Festival and the Woodstock Film Festival. Aside from that, he was nominated by the Americana Film Festival and the Little Rock Film Festival.
Who is Shawn Christensen Married to?
Shawn Christensen is a married man. He married Nina Christensen. Because the couple is secretive about their relationship, they haven’t revealed anything about their personal lives thus far.
How does Shawn Christensen look like?
Christen has dark brown hair and green eyes. However, there is no information about his height, weight, hair color, or shoe size.
Career Line of Shawn Christensen
- Shawn began his career when he and his friends formed a band called Ghistor. They formed the band while still in college.
- However, they disbanded their band after graduation. Later that year, in March 2000, Shawn and a friend formed the band “Stellastarr.”
- The band made its first public appearance on July 3, 2000. They became famous in New York City and gained fans in a three-year period. They even performed at the Mercury Lounge and the Bowery Ballroom.
- In May 2003, the band signed with RCA Records. From 2003 to 2005, they released three albums on the RCA label, which were well-received worldwide. However, after the release of their third album, “Civilized,” they officially disbanded the band.
- Shawn began his filmmaking career after he left the band. It all started in 2004, when he and his band were on tour with “The Killers” throughout the United States.
- He and his friend Jason Polan collaborated on a script for the drama “Sidney Hall.” Later, he shared the script with Paul Wesley and presented it to Willian Morris Endeavor, who chose Shawn and Jason. In the mid-2000s, they also collaborated on the psychological thriller “Enter Nowhere.”
- In addition, in 2011, he wrote the screenplay for a short film called “Curfew,” which he directed and co-starred in.
- The shoot was completed in less than a week. The film had its world premiere on January 28, 2012, at the Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival. The film won the Academy Award for Best Live-Action Short Film.
- Shawn became interested in short films following the success of “Curfew.” He and his creative friend Damon Russell worked together to create a feature-length adaptation of the hit film.
- They titled the film “Before I Disappear,” and it premiered at South by Southwest on March 10, 2014.
- On January 25, 2017, his film Sidney Hall premiered in Park City, Utah. It was renamed “The Vanishing of Sidney Hall” and released in theaters on March 2, 2018.