Facts of Shayne Topp
|Full Name:||Shayne Topp|
|Break up:||Courtney Miller|
|Net Worth:||$82 Million|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Sibling:||Brian Topp and Chrish Topp|
|Father:||Robert Royal Topp|
Shayne Topp is an American actor best known for his roles in the comedy series ‘Smosh,’ Matt Bradley in the ‘Goldbergs’ series, and Shayne Zabo in the ‘So Random!’ series. Shayne Topp has also appeared in TV shows such as Sam & Cat, iCarly, Switched at Birth, and Henry Danger.
How old is Shayne Topp?
Shayne Topp is a 29-year-old actor who was born on September 14, 1991 in Los Angeles, California, USA. Shyne grew up in a family of pilots. Shyne Topp’s parents are Catherine and Robert Royal Topp. He also has two brothers, Brian Topp and Chrish Topp.
When he was 18 months old, he almost drowned in a swimming pool. Fortunately, his parents intervened just in time to save him. After that, his father began calling him ‘Shayne Bobber,’ because he was seen bobbing up and down in the pool before being comforted by his mother. He is the eldest of the family’s three sons.
Similarly, his father was an army man who worked as a fighter pilot for the ‘US Air Force.’ His grandfather was a fighter pilot before him. As a result, he was expected to become a pilot. He developed a strong interest in acting at a young age.
Is Shayne Topp in a relationship with his Girlfriend?
He is probably single right now. Shyne was in a relationship before beginning his acting career in the film Smosh Summer Games – Wild West. Their relationship ended exactly five hours before the filming began. He is also a fan of Game of Thrones.
Awards and Nominations of Shayne Topp
Shyne won the Jury Prize for ‘Outstanding Performance in the Narrative Competition’ in Dear Lemon Lima at the Los Angeles Film Festivals in 2009. He was also nominated for ‘Exciting New Face – Male’ at the 2014 Young Hollywood Awards for the same role in the same film he played.
How tall is Shayne Topp?
Shyne Topp is a very attractive man with a wonderful personality. He stands 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs around 70.3 kg. His hair is dirty blond, and he has blue eyes.
Career line of Shayne Topp
- Shyne made his acting debut in the 2006 series ‘Moonpie’ when he was only 15 years old. In 2008, he had a minor role in the ‘iCarly’ series. He appeared in films such as ‘The Violation’ and ‘Hi, Lillian.’
- However, his first experience with acting occurred when he was in fifth grade when he played a minor role in the school production of ‘Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.’
- Later, he continued to act throughout his school years, excelling at “improv” comedy and impersonations. Before venturing into professional acting, he began by taking acting classes.
- After graduating from high school in 2008, he appeared in an episode of the popular television show ‘iCarly.’ In addition, he appeared as ‘Phillip Brownley,’ in a minor role, in an episode titled ‘iMight Switch Schools.’
- In the film ‘Dear Lemon Lima,’ he made his acting career in 2009. The following film was based on the short film and starred him as ‘Philip Georgey.’
- The film premiered at the ‘Los Angeles Film Festival’ in 2009 and was released in theaters in 2011. It received positive reviews from critics and audiences alike.
- Similarly, his performance in the film earned him an award for ‘Outstanding Performance’ in the narrative competition at the ‘Los Angeles Film Festival.’
- He was cast in the legal drama ‘Eli Stone’ in 2010 and appeared in the pilot episode. Though he was unable to land larger roles, he resorted to smaller roles in a number of series during the early 2010s.
- In 2011, he appeared in a single episode of the series ‘Love Bites.’ The following year, he played the lead role of Corey in the independent film ‘All Kids Count.’
- In 2012, he appeared as a guest on the show ‘Fred: The Show.’ Later, he appeared in the episode titled ‘Expired Cow.’
- The following year, he became a cast member of the popular ‘Disney’ sketch comedy show ‘So Random!’.
- Shayne also played the recurring role of ‘Shayne Zabo.’ The show was a hit with both audiences and critics, and his performance made it worthwhile to watch. It was one of his most popular TV appearances.
- Toward the end of 2012, he began doing short films and appeared in leading roles in films such as ‘Hi, Lillian’ and ‘The Violation.’
- Over the next two years, he appeared in two more short films, ‘First’ and ‘Re-Writes.’ In 2013, he made a one-episode guest appearance on ‘AwesomenessTV.’
- In 2014, he also had minor single-episode roles in the shows ‘Sam & Cat’ and ‘What’s Next for Sarah?’ In 2015, he played ‘Taylor Halsted,’ another single-episode role, in the series ‘Switched at Birth.’
- Shayne Topp starred in the independent film ‘A Sort of Homecoming’ in 2015. It premiered at the ‘Omaha Film Festival,’ but it received widespread critical acclaim. Later, he portrayed ‘Dylan Conti.
- ‘ Eventually, the film was released digitally in the United States, where it received a positive response from the audience.
- In 2015, he played minor roles in series such as ‘Henry Danger’ and ‘Astrid Clover.’
- In 2016, he appeared on the show ‘Cell Outs.’ Despite his critically acclaimed performances, he was consistently ignored by Hollywood producers and eventually decided to leave the industry for good after failing to land a good film role.
- When he was about to leave Los Angeles for good, one of his acting classmates encouraged him to audition for ‘Smosh,’ an American sketch-comedy ‘YouTube’ channel.
- He auditioned and was given the opportunity to play a variety of characters. The channel has been the most-subscribed ‘YouTube’ channel three times since it began posting videos.
- Furthermore, he collaborated with other cast members on the show and has received praise for impersonating actors such as Tom Cruise, Christopher Walken, Nicholas Cage, and Michael Caine. Similarly, he joined the cast of the series ‘The Goldbergs’ in 2017 and plays the recurring role of ‘Matt Bradley.’