Facts of Sonja Sohn
|Full Name:||Sonja Sohn|
|Net Worth:||$1.5 million|
|Kids:||Two Daughters (Sophia and Sakira)|
|Birthplace:||Newport News, Virginia|
Sonja Sohn is an American actress best known for her roles in television shows such as The Originals, Burn Notice, Body of Proof, and The Wire. Sonja Sohn is also well-known for her roles in the films The Killing Zone and Step Up 2: The Streets. Similarly, her role on “The Wire” led to her work as the director of a Baltimore community initiative called “ReWired for Change.”
How old is Sonja Sohn?
Sonja Sohn was born on May 9, 1964, in Newport News, Virginia, USA. She is 57 years old and born under the sign of Taurus. She is of Korean-African-American ethnicity and holds American nationality. Sonja grew up in Newport News, Virginia.
Her parents’ names are not known at this time. Her mother is Korean-American, and her father is African-American. Sonja is the only child of her parents. Similarly, her parents met when her father was stationed in South Korea following the Korean War. And they’ve been together and in love ever since.
Sonja Sohn attended Warwick High School. Similarly, she later graduated from Brooklyn College, where she majored in English. Furthermore, she was a good student in her educational institutions. She was also a cheerleader and was voted “most popular” and “most school-spirited” person. While studying English at Brooklyn College, she began writing poetry.
How much is Sonja Sohn’s Net Worth?
In terms of earnings, she has a net worth of $1.5 million. Her primary source of income is her acting career. She does, however, make money from her political activities and the programs she creates.
Who is Sonja Sohn married to?
Sonja Sohn married Adam Plack, an Australian-born composer and producer, in 2003. They have two daughters, Sophia and Sakira. Sophia was born in 1986, and Sakira in 1990. However, due to some issues, the couple divorced in 2011. Sonja is currently single and not in a romantic relationship. At the moment, she is even more focused on her career.
Sonja’s surname is “Sohn,” which is also her mother’s surname. She didn’t use her father’s surname because her father was against her acting. Sonja’s father did not want her to become an actor. As a result of her mother’s disapproval, Sonja began using her mother’s surname.
How tall is Sonja Sohn?
Sonja Sohn stands 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs 58 kilograms. Similarly, her chest, waist, and hip measurements are 34-25-35 inches. She is a lovely person with a wonderful personality. She has black hair and brown eyes.
Career line of Sonja Sohn
- Sonja Sohn began her career as a slam poet. And, while performing her poetry in a theater, director Marc Levin noticed Sonja and cast her in his 1998 film “Slam.” And so her acting career began. She also co-wrote the film. And she certainly received praise for her performance.
- She also played Kanita in Martin Scorsese’s drama film “Bringing Out the Dead,” alongside Nicolas Cage, John Goodman, and Patricia Arquette.
- Sonja Sohn, an actress, appeared in the film “Shaft” at the turn of the millennium. This action thriller received generally positive reviews and debuted at the top of the box office. After appearing in the film “Perfume” in 2001, Sohn joined the cast of “The Wire” as Detective Shakima “Kima” Greggs. It was a crime drama that aired on HBO for 56 episodes.
- In addition, in 2002, she starred in “G,” a drama film about a music mogul who tries to win back his estranged lover. Sohn then appeared as a recurring character in the police procedural series “Cold Case” in 2006 and 2007. Similarly, she appeared in the dance film “Step Up 2: The Streets” in 2008. That same year, she began her role as Trish Evans in the sitcom “Brothers & Sisters.”
- Sonja Sohn was also cast in 2010 as Sonya Rucker in the series “The Good Wife” and as Samantha Baker in “Body of Proof.” It was a medical drama series that aired on ABC from 2011 to 2012. In addition, she played Agent Olivia Riley in the 2012 film “Burn Notice.”
- In addition, from 2014 to 2015, Sohn played the role of Lenore/Esther in the television series “The Originals.” During the filming of “The Originals,” Sonja also played Franny in “The Missing Girl.” It was a film about a comic
- Similarly, she appeared in the dramas “Luke Cage” and “Shut Eye” in 2016. The following year, Sohn directed the documentary “Baltimore Rising.” She then appeared in the sitcom “The Chi” once more. In 2019, the talented actress appeared in the web TV series “Star Trek: Discovery” as well as the sports drama film “High Flying Bird.”
- Sonja Sohn is also active in politics. She campaigned in North Carolina in support of Barack Obama’s presidential bid in 2008. She did, however, take a break from her acting career in 2009 to focus on social issues.
- Sonja is the founder and CEO of the Baltimore-based reWIRED for Change. It is an outreach program designed to communicate with and ultimately rehabilitate at-risk youth involved in criminal activity. This program is run by the University of Maryland School of Social Work.
- It also employs episodes of “The Wire” as a teaching tool, encouraging participants to reflect on and question their lives and past actions.
- Furthermore, other actors and writers from “The Wire” serve on the program’s board of directors. In 2011, she received the Woman of the Year award from the Harvard Black Men’s Forum. Sonja was also awarded the Grand Jury Prize in 1998.
- Sonja Sohn was even arrested for her illegal activity. Sonja was arrested in Manteo, North Carolina in June 2019 for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, felony possession of cocaine, and misdemeanor possession of marijuana drug paraphernalia.
- Similarly, she was cited on Sunday midnight for driving with an expired registration and a revoked license. Sonja, on the other hand, was released from jail on Monday with a bail of $1500. Then, on Tuesday, July 23, 2019, she resumed appearing in court about her arrest and all.