Facts of Steve Harvey
|Full Name:||Steve Harvey|
|Net Worth:||$160 Million|
|Height:||6 feet 2 inches (1.88m)|
Steve Harvey is a radio and television host, as well as a comedian. Steve Harvey, a well-known personality, has also demonstrated his talent by writing relationship advice books. He is also a game show host, radio personality, and talk show host, among other things.
How old is Steve Harvey?
Steve Harvey was born on January 17, 1957, in Welch, West Virginia. His full name is Broderick Steven Harvey, and he is currently 63 years old. Eloise, his mother, and Jesse Harvey, his father, are his parents. Similarly, his father died in 2000 of black lung disease as a coal miner. Steve was the youngest of five children. Steve is an American nationality. His siblings include Mona Harvey, Terry Harvey, Pauline Harvey, and an unnamed one.
When it comes to Steve’s ancestors, his grandfather was a slave from an African country. However, he has not been able to pinpoint the exact country of his ancestors’ origin. Nonetheless, he suspects that his roots are in Ghana, and he made a pilgrimage to Ghana in 2019 before attending an interview in Cape Town, South Africa, with his wife Marjorie.
Steve and Marjorie are the first generations of people to return to their roots and reconnect with their families. According to Steve from the interview, “America is our home, but Africa is our homeland.” This clearly demonstrates Steve’s attachment to his ancestors and roots. Steve attended Glenville High School for his primary education. He went on to attend Kent State University and West Virginia University after graduating in 1974. Steve was also a member of the Omega Psi Phi fraternity.
How much is Steve Harvey Net Worth?
Steve Harvey has won the prestigious Daytime Emmy Award five times in different categories. He has also won the NAACP Image Award 14 times. In 2011, he received the BET Humanitarian Award. Harvey also received the 39th People’s Choice Award in the category of “Favorite New Talk Show Host.”
In addition, Steve was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The greatest achievement came in 2015, when the street where Harvey grew up, East 112th Cleveland, was named after him, i.e. Steve Harvey Way.
Harvey, who is hardworking and extremely talented, has gained a lot of fame and won many hearts. He is estimated to have a net worth of $160 million and a salary of approximately $40 million.
How many times did Steve Harvey Marry?
Harvey’s love life is quite intriguing. He has been married three times. He first married Marcia Harvey, with whom he has twin daughters (Brandi and Karli) and a son (Broderick Jr.). Harvey married Mary Shackelford after a failed marriage with her and has a son with her (Wynton).
Harvey married Marjorie Bridges two years after his divorce from Shackelford. Bridges has three children from his previous marriage. Harvey and his wife have seven children and four grandchildren.
How tall is Steve Harvey?
Steve Harvey is 6 height 2 inches tall and weighs 102 kilograms. Harvey has dark brown eyes and is bald.
Career line of Steve Harvey
- Steve Harvey’s path to becoming a comedian was not easy. Prior to becoming a comedian, he worked as an autoworker, insurance salesman, carpet cleaner, and mailman.
- It was only on October 8, 1985, in Cleveland, Ohio, that he performed a comedy at Hilarities Comedy Club. He even started on his path to becoming a comedian.
- In 1990, he competed in the Second Annual Johnie Walker National Comedy Search. He won the opportunity to host the music television show “It’s Showtime at the Apollo.”
- He decided to leave the show because his hosting duties on the iconic show were far from his only responsibilities. As a result of this, he was offered a starring role in the ABC show “Me and the Boys” in 1994.
- Steve Harvey launched his own show, “The Steve Harvey Show,” in 1996, which aired on the WB network until 2002. The show was extremely popular, especially among African-Americans.
- The show was also popular because of Harvey’s professional partnership with a younger comic named Cedric the Entertainer. Cedric played Harvey’s best friend on the show and also joined him on a groundbreaking national stand-up tour.
- During that tour, The Kings of Comedy, Bernie Mac, and D.L. Hughley joined on a four-man roadshow.
- The roadshow was a surprise national success. As a result, The Kings of Comedy grossed more than $19 million in the United States, making it the highest-grossing comedy tour.
- Harvey and the other three became national celebrities following the release of Spike Lee’s documentary, The Original Kings of Comedy, in 2000. It also captured the highlights of a two-night show in North Carolina.
- The film cost only $3 million to make but grossed more than $38 million at the box office. Harvey, on the other hand, did not stop even after reaching the pinnacle of celebrity.
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show, a daily talk radio show, premiered in 2000. Initially, the show only aired in Los Angeles and Dallas.
- However, the show gained national attention and is still broadcast on various stations across the country.
- In addition, in 2003, Steve starred as both a comedian and a host in the show “Steve Harvey’s Big Time Challenge.”
- The show aired on the WB Network until 2005. During this time, Steve also wrote a book titled “Steve Harvey’s Big Time.” Harvey starred in the films “The Fighting Temptations,” “You Got Served (2004),” “Johnson Family Vacation (2004),” and “Racing Stripes” (supporting role) in 2005 after making a name for himself on TV and stage.
- By 2005, Harvey had established himself as an all-arounder: an actor, entertainer, author, and TV host. In 2009, he wrote the best-selling book “Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man,” which was soon followed by the film “Think Like a Man” in 2012.
- In 2010, he also published another book, “Straight Talk, No Chaser.” Harvey hosted “Disney Dreamers Academy,” a teen career show.
- After two years, Harvey became the host of the TV show “Family Feud.” The show had low ratings. It did, however, become the second most-watched daytime show.
- Harvey’s 27-year career as a comedian came to an end in August 2012, when he gave his final stand-up comedy performance at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. After a month, he launched his self-titled talk show “Steve Harvey.”
- The show lasted until 2016. In November 2016, a new syndicated talk show called “Steve” debuted.
- The famous comedian was also approached to host Miss Universe. In 2015, Harvey was asked to host the Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas. The show ended with a major gaffe in which Harvey incorrectly announced Miss Columbia as the winner.
- He did, however, correct himself and declared Miss Philippines the winner. Despite this, he continued to host the pageant. He also hosted the 2017 and 2018 pageants, which were held in the Philippines.
- Harvey was also the host of another show called Little Big Shots. The show premiered on NBC in March 2016.
- Similarly, the shows focused on kids showcasing their talents in various disciplines such as music, dancing, and martial arts. The show was renewed for a second and third season in 2017. However, in May 2019, Harvey was replaced as a host by Melissa McCarthy.