Facts of Sung Kang
|Full Name:||Sung Kang|
|Net Worth:||$8 million|
|Height:||6 feet 0 inches|
|education:||University of California|
Sung Kang is an American-Korean actor. He is best known for his roles in ‘Fast and Furious 6’, ‘The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift,’ and ‘Bullet to the Head.’
How old is Sung Kang?
Sung Kang was born on April 8, 1972, and is 48 years old. His zodiac sign is Aries. Similarly, Sung was born in Gainesville, Georgia, in the United States of America. Similarly, Sung holds American citizenship but is of South Korean descent, an Asian ethnic group. His parents are of South Korean descent. Furthermore, no information about his parents or siblings is available.
Similarly, Sung is the son of South Korean immigrants who spent his adolescence in California. Similarly, he completed his entire schooling and high school in California. Furthermore, he enrolled at the University of California, Riverside, but there is no information on what he graduated with. His parents, on the other hand, always encouraged him to pursue law rather than acting because the latter had fewer job opportunities at the time. Furthermore, Sung’s parents were more concerned about his career because there were few Asians on American television programs at the time. Nonetheless, he agreed to his parents’ decision to continue his studies while also pursuing his dream of acting.
How much is Sung Kang’s Net Worth?
Similarly, Sung was awarded the Special Jury Prize for Sunset Stories at the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival’s VC Filmfest. Similarly, he was nominated for a Lifetime Achievement Award for his role in the film ‘Pali Road.’
Furthermore, he is a world-class actor with skills and an exceptional performer who has played a variety of characters. Sung has amassed a sizable fortune as an actor over the course of his career. His primary source of income is from acting. His net worth is $8 million. However, there is no information about the value of his assets.
Who is Sung Kang married to?
On July 8, 2014, Sung married Mikki Yim, the general manager of Prada. They married after dating for more than 15 years after meeting in Koreatown Karaoke.
How tall is Sung Kang?
Sung is 6 feet tall (72 inches) and weighs around 78 kg. He has fair skin, black hair, and black eyes. However, there is no information about his body measurements.
Career line of Sung Kang
- Sung began his acting career in 1999 with the release of his debut film, ‘Mystery Man.’ He co-starred in the film with Ben Stiller, Janeane Garofalo, and William H. Macy.
- His second film, ‘Better Luck Tomorrow,’ was released in 2002. This film is an American crime drama about Asian American overachievers who become bored with their lives and enter a world of petty crime and material excess. Sung played Han Hu in this film, and it was his first major role.
- Similarly, he played Sam Kim in the film ‘The Motel.’ This film also won the Humanities Prize at the Sundance Film Festival and was nominated for the Independent Spirit Award for Best First Feature.
- Apparently, he shines brighter in his career after appearing in the well-known ‘Fast and Furious’ film franchise. Sung appeared in ‘The Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift, Fast & Furious, Fast Five, and Fast & Furious 6′.
- Similarly, he appeared in the Fast & Furious franchise short film ‘Los Bandoleros,’ which was co-produced by Vin Diesel.
- In addition, Sung has appeared in another American action film. In the film ‘War,’ he played an FBI agent alongside Jet Li and Jason Statham. Similarly, he played Doran, Genghis Khan’s son, in the martial arts fantasy action film ‘Forbidden Warrior.’
- Similarly, he appeared in the action thriller film ‘Live Free or Die Hard’ in a minor role. In the film ‘Bullet to the Head,’ he played Detective Taylor Kwon opposite Sylvester Stallone.
- Aside from movies, Sung debuted his first television series, ‘Felicity,’ in 1999. In this series, he appeared in the episode titled “The Love Bug.” Similarly, he has had notable roles in television series such as ‘Tae Do.’ Along with Bobby Lee, he played narcissistic President Gin Kew Yun Chun Nee in this film.
- Similarly, in the short-lived film ‘Gang Re,’ Sung played FBI Agent Tae Kim.
- In addition to acting, Sung used to own a restaurant called ‘Saketini’ with his wife Mikki Yim in Brentwood, Los Angeles, California, which closed in early 2013.
- Similarly, after appearing in the film ‘The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift,’ only Sung learned about Japan’s drifting culture. Furthermore, he began his research and honed his skills in this popular sport that has become a global craze.
- Similarly, as he grew up watching his elderly neighbor restore vintage cars, this film reawakened his long-dormant interest in cars.
- Similarly, he has stated, ‘I’ve actually started to drive slower.’ I never want to see a news headline that says, ‘The Chinese Guy from ‘Fast & Furious’ Pulled Over for a Speeding Ticket.’