Facts of Tom Ford:
|Full Name:||Tom Ford|
|Net Worth:||$500 million|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches (1.80m)|
|Profession:||Fashion Designer and Filmmaker|
|Sibling:||One sister (Jennifer Ford)|
|Father:||Thomas David Ford|
Tom Ford, an American fashion designer, and filmmaker is one of the most influential figures in the fashion world of the twenty-first century. Tom Ford is the man responsible for Gucci’s transformation into one of the most sought-after luxury brands in the world.
How old is Tom Ford?
Thomas Carlyle Ford is also known as Tom Ford. He was born on August 27, 1961, in Austin, Texas, to Shirley Burton and Thomas David Ford. He grew up with his sister Jennifer Ford outside of Austin, in the Houston suburbs, and in San Marcos, Texas. Meanwhile, when he was only 11 years old, his family relocated to Santa Fe, New Mexico. He is 59 years old. Likewise, he had two early fashion role models in his mother and grandmother. Tom is an American nationality.
Educational Framework of Tom Ford
Tom attended St. Michael’s High School in Santa Fe but soon transferred to Santa Fe Preparatory School, where he graduated in 1979. At Simon’s Rock, he enrolled in Bard College. But he soon dropped out and moved to New York, where he studied art history at New York University. While studying at NYU, he discovered Studio 54 and began focusing on acting for television commercials. As a result, he dropped out of NYU after only one year.
Following that, he enrolled at Parsons The New School for Design in New York City to study interior architecture. Ford spent a year interning at Chloe’s press office in Paris during his final year at New School. Despite this, he graduated with a degree in architecture in 1986.
Is Tom Ford a Billionaire? What is Tom Ford Net Worth?
Tom Ford has amassed enormous wealth as the creative director of Gucci and YSL, as well as the creator of the Tom Ford fashion brand. As of now, he has a net worth of $500 million. Tom’s work has always been distinctive and eye-catching. His dedication earned him his first recognition in 1995 when he received the International Award from the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
His success and accreditation continued to climb. He has received numerous awards, including Best International Designer – VH1/Vogue Awards (2000), Designer of the Year – GQ USA (2001), and many others. Similarly, in 2007, he was named DNR’s Person of the Year, and in 2008, he was named Menswear Designer of the Year – CFDA. In the context of his filmmaking career, his film ‘A Single Man’ won the Queer Lion at the Venice Film Festival. In addition, the film, along with ‘Nocturnal Animals,’ has been nominated for an Academy Award.
Is Tom Ford a Gay?
When it comes to sexual orientation, Ford is openly gay. He married Richard Buckley, a journalist and former editor-in-chief of Vogue Hommes International. They met in 1986 and were together for 18 years. Finally, the couple exchanged vows in 2004. Alexander John “Jack” Buckley Ford, the couple’s son, was born in September 2012 via gestational surrogate.
Scandals of Tom Ford
Tom Ford has previously been chastised for using naked women in several ad campaigns. Several journalists claimed that the ads were vulgar, sexist, or objectified women. One of the ads depicted a naked woman holding a bottle of perfume between her legs. Another advertisement showed a naked woman ironing a man’s pants while he read a newspaper.
Aside from that, there was a rumor on Twitter that Tom Ford made disparaging remarks about Melania Trump, reportedly saying, “I have no interest in dressing a glorified escort who steals speeches and has a bad taste in men.” However, he disagreed with the statement and shed light on the fact that he believed the First Lady and the President in the White House needed to wear clothes made in America.
How tall is Tom Ford?
Ford, 58, is a well-built man. He is 6 feet and an inch tall and weighs 81 kg. He has dark brown hair and light brown eyes.
Career Line of Tom Ford
- Ford got a job as a design assistant for American designer Cathy Hardwick right after graduation.
- He claims he called Hardwick every day for a month in the hopes of getting the job.
- In 1988, he worked for the clothing company Perry Ellis.
- However, he was more drawn to European fashion, which he considered to be more refined. After two years at Perry Ellis, he flew to Milan, where Gucci hired Ford as the brand’s chief women’s ready-to-wear designer.
- Gucci was just another Italian fashion house at the time, struggling financially. Ford’s contribution to Gucci was significant, and he soon took over as Gucci’s design director in 1992.
- Within a few months, he had expanded the menswear and other apparel sections, and by 1993, he was in charge of eleven product lines. Mello was the company’s face at the time.
- As a result, his presence overshadowed Ford’s contributions. In 1994, he was appointed as creative director.
- By 1999, Gucci was almost bankrupt, valued at $4.3 billion, and owed most of its success to Ford.
- When Gucci purchased the Yves Saint Laurent house in 1999, Ford became the brand’s creative director as well.
- Ford left the Gucci Group in 2004. Soon after, he debuted a new line of accessories and menswear under the ‘Tom Ford’ label.
- His first store opened on April 12, 2007, in New York City. Several stores have since opened in London, Tokyo, Milan, and Los Angeles.
- In March 2005, Ford announced the formation of Fade to Black, his film production company.
- In 2009, he made his directorial debut with ‘A Single Man,’ a film based on Christopher Isherwood’s novel.
- In 2015, he directed Nocturnal Animals, based on Austin Wright’s novel Tony and Susan.
- In 2005, he founded his own fashion company, Tom Ford Brand. His company sells menswear, eyewear, and beauty products. When he posed on the cover of Vanity Fair in 2006 wearing Tom Ford Brand menswear, he generated a lot of attention for his new company.
- He was sandwiched between Keira Knightley and Scarlett Johansson, both of whom posed naked.
- In May 2019, he designed an evening gown that was worn on the runway and staircase of the 2019 Met Gala in New York by Hollywood actress Gemma Chan.
- Aside from fashion design, he made his film debut in 2001 with A Single Man.
- He shared the screen with Colin Firth and Julianne Moore.
- He also co-wrote and directed the film, which is based on Christopher Isherwood’s novel of the same name.
- He wrote, directed, and co-produced Nocturnal Animals, a psychological thriller, in 2016. The following film was based on Austin Wright’s 1993 novel of the same name.