Facts of Tory Lanez
|Full Name:||Daystar Peterson|
|Net Worth:||$2 million|
|Height:||5 feet 3 inches|
|Profession:||Rapper, Singer, Composer, Record Producer|
Tory Lanez is a Canadian rapper, singer, record producer, and composer. Tory Lanez is well-known for his mixtapes and albums such as “Conflicts of My Soul: The 416 Story,” “I Told You,” and “Memories Don’t Die.” He has also performed on several international tours.
How old is Tory Lanez?
Tory Lanez was born on July 27, 1992, and is now 28 years old. Daystar Peterson is from Brampton, Ontario, Canada, and his full name is Daystar Peterson. Tory’s father is Sonstar, and his mother is Luella. His father is a Bajan/Barbadian, and his mother is from Curaçao. His family was based in Montreal before relocating to Miami, Florida.
Throughout his childhood, he practiced and honed his rapping skills. He later discovered, however, that his mother died as a result of a rare disease. Following this tragedy, Tory Lanez’s father began working as an ordained minister and missionary. As a result, they had to relocate frequently throughout the United States.
His father later remarried, and the family relocated to Atlanta, Georgia. Tory met his friend Hakeem there when Hakeem was working as a janitor. Hakeem was the one who gave him the nickname “Lanez.”
Tory Lanez was sent to live with his cousin Dahir Abib, Orane Forrest, in Jamaica, Queens, New York, in 2006 due to behavioral issues. Later, he was forced to return to Toronto with his grandmother, who refused to care for him. As a result, Tory Lanez has been living on his own since the age of 15. Because he had no one to defend him, this actually aided his maturation into the man he is today.
Is Tory Lanez single?
Tory Lanez is most likely single at the moment. He has not shared any social media posts or information indicating his current relationship status or affairs. Tory Lanez, on the other hand, has a son named Kai but has not revealed the identity of his child’s mother.
He has, however, been romantically linked with several artists in the past. Joseline Hernandez, Kash Doll, Nakita Johnson, Masika Kalysha, Kaylin Garcia, DreamDoll, and Trina are a few of them. However, it is unclear whether Tory was actually in a relationship with the aforementioned people or if the rumors were true.
How tall is Tory Lanez?
Tory Lanez is 5’3″ tall and weighs around 150lbs/68 kgs. He also has numerous tattoos on various parts of his body. Tory Lanez has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.
Career line of Tory Lanez
- Tory Lanez is a rapper, singer, composer, and record producer. Tory Lanez first gained attention with the mixtape Conflicts of My Soul: The 416 Story. He released it in August of 2013. On August 19, 2016, he released his first studio album, I Told You. The singles “Say It” and “Luv” appeared on this album.
- These songs peaked at numbers 23 and 19, respectively, on the Billboard Hot 100. His second studio album, Memories Don’t Die, was released on March 2, 2018. Then, on October 26, 2018, Tory Lanez released his third studio album, Love Me Now?
- Tory Lanez began rapping again at the age of 15 and earned the moniker Notorious B.I.G. It’s a nod to his idol, the late rapper Notorious B.I.G. Growing up, he was also influenced by Brandy and Ray J. He later changed his name to “Tory Lanez.”
- Tory Lanez dropped out of tenth grade when he was sixteen, and he began performing songs at outdoor concerts.
- He began singing at the age of 17 after becoming interested in it. Tory Lanez, on the other hand, had never had any vocal training. Argentina Fargo is another moniker for him.
- Tory Lanez recorded and released his debut mixtape, T.L 2 T.O, in 2009, and he also used YouTube as a platform to showcase his rapping abilities to the world. Lanez rose to prominence after directing his own music videos.
- In Florida at the time, Sean Kingston was a well-known rapper. Sean heard Tory rapping and freestyling on Lloyd Banks’ song ‘Beamer, Benz, or Bentley.’ He then decided to make an offer to Tory Lanez.
- The two met at a Justin Bieber concert, where Sean also gave Tory the opportunity to perform live during the show. The audience enjoyed his performance, which boosted Tory’s confidence to work on several more mixtapes.
- Tory released four mixtapes in 2010: Just Landed, One Verse One Hearse, Playing for Keeps, and Mr. 1 Verse Killah.
- Following the success of Tory’s mixtapes, Sean approached him and offered him a deal with his record label, Time is Money Entertainment.
- Tory Lanez released mixtapes with TME, including Mr. Peterson, Chixtape, and Swavey. Tory Lanez soon decided to work as an independent artist and left the label.
- Tory Lanez went on to release several more mixtapes over the next few years. In 2014, he revealed his Teyana Taylor fanboy persona with the song ‘Teyana,’ which he dedicated to the rapper.
- Tory Lanez then launched a series called Fargo Fridays, in which he released new singles every Friday. I’ll Be There, Talk on the Road, and The Godfather were among Fargo Friday’s most well-known singles.
- Tory Lanez had already begun working on a mixtape titled Lost Cause at the time.
- Tory Lanez released a single titled The Mission in August 2014. He later announced a promotional tour for the tape. He released the single in October, and it was a huge success.
- Tory Lanez then announced “The Level Up Tour” in April 2016, and performed at the Pemberton Music Festival.
- His success, on the other hand, made him somewhat well-known. The same year, Tory Lanez refused to appear on the cover of XXL magazine, claiming that he was one of the biggest rappers in the industry.
- Tory Lanez continued to release mixtapes in the lead-up to the release of his debut album, I Told You. He finally released the album in August 2016, and it debuted at number four on the US Billboard Hot 200 chart.
- Tory Lanez released his second album, Memories Don’t Die, in March 2018. Wiz Khalifa and 50 Cent made guest appearances on the album. It also debuted at number three on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- Tory Lanez also founded “One Umbrella,” a Canadian record label and management company, in 2014. He began it as a clothing company under the subsidiary “Forever Umbrella.”
- Mansa was the label’s first signee in 2018, and it has since signed Melii, Davo, Mariah the Scientist, and Kaash Paige. Tory Lanez released his first single as a solo artist in 2020.
- Tory Lanez has had contentious relationships with a number of well-known musicians. This includes Canadian rapper Drake, Jacquees, Joyner Lucas, and Don Q, among others.
- Then, on March 26, 2016, there was a violent brawl between security forces and concertgoers. It was Tory Lanez’s concert in Midland, Texas. He then told the audience to “fuck shit up,” inciting a riot and forcing police to shut down the show.
- As a result, the venue and concert promoters considered suing Lanez. Similarly, on July 12, 2020, police arrested Tory Lanez in the Hollywood Hills and charged him with having a concealed weapon in his vehicle.