Facts of Tyra Banks
|Full Name:||Tyra Banks|
|Break up:||Erik Asla (2013-2017)|
|Net Worth:||$90 million|
|Height:||5 feet 10 inches (1.78m)|
|Profession:||Actress, Producer, Businesswoman, Author, Model, TV personality|
Tyra Banks is well-known as the host of America’s Next Top Model and a guest judge on several international editions of Next Top Model. She is a supermodel and the owner of the personal cosmetics brand “Tyra Beauty.”
How old is Tyra Banks?
Tyra Lynne Banks is also known as Banx or Tyra Banks. She was born on December 4, 1973, in Inglewood, Los Angeles, California. Her mother is a medical photographer named Carolyn London, and her father is a computer consultant named Donald Banks. Similarly, she has an older brother, Devin Banks, who is five years her senior. Tyra turned 46 in December of this year.
Furthermore, according to the AncestryDNA test, Tyra Banks is 79 percent African, 14 percent British, and 6 percent Native American. Nonetheless, she is a proud citizen of the United States of America. Tyra Banks attended school in Los Angeles, California. She went to John Burroughs Middle School. Similarly, she graduated from Immaculate Heart High School in 1991. Banks also received a certificate from Harvard Business School. She earned it for completing the nine-week Owner/President Management Program (OPM) in February 2012.
How much is Tyra Banks Net Worth?
Tyra became the first African-American woman to appear on the cover of GQ and the first woman to appear on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Similarly, she has been one of the top-earning models since the early 2000s.
Tyra’s TV shows America’s Next Top Model and The Tyra Banks Show won Teen Choice Awards for two years in a row (2007, 2008) and Daytime Emmy Awards for three years in a row (2007-2009), respectively. She was also nominated for several other awards before and after these. With her involvement in so many fields, it is no surprise that she earns $16,000,000. Her net worth is estimated to be in the millions of dollars.
Who is Tyra Banks Husband/Boyfriend?
From 2013 to 2017, Banks was in a relationship with Norwegian photographer Erik Asla. They met at Norway’s Next Top Model. Erik, on the other hand, is not her husband; the couple divorced in 2017.
However, as she revealed in an interview with BUILD Series studios, Tyra was no longer able to have children due to difficulties with in-vitro fertilization (IVF). As a result, the couple welcomed their biological son through surrogacy. In January 2016, they named their child (a son) York Banks Asla. As of January 2019, her son is four years old.
Tyra was also rumored to be dating after the couple divorced in 2017. However, there has been no confirmation of the rumors. When it comes to Tyra’s previous relationships, she has dated a variety of men over the years. She was in relationships with John Utendahl, Giancarlo Marcaccini, Chris Webber, Seal, Will Smith, Tyler Perry, Brian White, and others.
What is Tyra Banks Height?
Banks stands 5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m) tall and weighs 64 kg. She had gray eyes that turned green, as she revealed in a show. Similarly, her natural hair color is brown. She does, however, occasionally dye her hair blonde, pink, or maroon red. According to the US standard, her bra size is 34C, her shoe size is 9, and her dress size is 6. Her body measurements are 37-24-36 and she has a curvy figure.
Career Line of Tyra Banks
- Tyra Banks began her modeling career at the age of 15. She was also Victoria’s Secret model from 1997 to 2005. In the 1990s, she was featured in several fashion magazines, including Vogue, Elle, and Vanity Fair, to name a few.
- She has also walked the runways for world-renowned fashion houses such as Chanel, Dior, Calvin Klein, and Armani. Along with this, she did commercial modeling for companies such as Swatch, Versace, Nike, and Pepsi.
- Similarly, she began her acting career in 1993, when she appeared in the television sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. She mostly appeared as the show’s host. By 2019, she had appeared in over 25 TV shows. Popular shows include America’s Next Top Model, American Dreams, The Tyra Banks Show, and FABLife.
- Similarly, she made her film debut in 1995 with the film Higher Earning.
- She appeared in several films, including Love Stinks, Coyote Ugly, and Halloween: Resurrection.
- By 2019, she had appeared in over ten films, the most recent being Life-size 2 in 2018. Tyra also launched her own cosmetics brand, Tyra Beauty, in 2014.
- Tyra Banks is also an author and occasional singer. Be a Star, K.O.B.E., and Shake Ya Body are her original singles from the early 2000s.
- She has also appeared in several music videos, including Michael Jackson’s “Black or White,” Lionel Richie’s “Don’t Wanna Lose You,” and Tina Turner’s “Love Thing.”
- Tyra co-authored Tyra’s Beauty, Inside and Out in 1998. She also co-wrote Perfect is Boring with her mother, Carolyn.
- Modelland, a young adult novel, was also written and published by her in September 2011. The book is based on her personal experience as a model.
- She also became a guest lecturer at Stanford University for “Personal Branding.”