Facts of William Roache
|Full Name:||William Roache|
|Wife:||Sara McEwan Mottram (2009)|
|Net Worth:||$5 million|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches|
|Break-Up:||Emma Jesson (2013)|
|Father:||Joseph William Vincent Roache|
William Roache is an English actor. William Roache is the “longest-serving male television star in a continuing role,” according to Guinness World Records. He has worked in the industry since 1958.
How old is William Roache?
William Patrick “Bill” Roache was born on April 25, 1932. In Basford, Nottingham, England, he was born to Hester Vera (née Waddicor) and Joseph William Vincent Roache. He is now 88 years old.
William Roache grew up in Ilkeston, Derbyshire, England. He also joined the British Army at the age of 21. In 1953, he was commissioned into the Royal Welsh Fusiliers there. Roache left the British Army in 1956, with the rank of the caption. Similarly, William attended a Steiner School established by his grandfather. Later, he enrolled at Rydal School, where his older son was also enrolled.
How much does William Roache have Net Worth?
William Roache was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the British Soap Awards in 1999. It was for his role as Ken Barlow. In addition, the Guinness Book of World Records listed William as the longest-serving soap star to play the same role in any TV series.
Furthermore, the University of Chester conferred on him the honorary degree of Doctor of Letters. He received it in March 2007 for his contribution to television. William Roache’s net worth is estimated to be $5 million in 2019. Similarly, he earns $200,000 per year for his role as Ken Barlow in Coronation Street. His total annual salary is expected to be more than $800,000.
Is William Roache Married? Who is William Roache Wife?
William Roache had three wives in total. In 1961, William Roache married the English actress Anna Cropper. However, the couple split up in 1974. They had two children together: Linus, a son, and Vanya, a daughter.
William married actress Sara McEwan in 1978. They had three children together: daughters Verity and Edwina, and son James. Sara died on February 7, 2009, at the age of 58. Following the death of his second wife, William Roache began dating Emma Jesson, who was 36 years younger than Roache. They started dating in 2010 and broke up in 2013.
Two of Roche’s daughters have tragically died. In 1963, he lost his 18-month-old daughter Edwina to pneumonia. Similarly, Vanya died in 2018 at the age of 50 due to liver failure. At the moment, both of his sons are actors, and his daughter Verity is an interior designer.
Scandals of William Roache
William Roache was arrested by Lancashire Police on May 1, 2013. On 14 May 2013, the Crown Prosecution Service charged him with two counts of rape and five counts of indecent assault against girls aged 12 to 16 on 6 June 2013.
Caption: William Roache (center) attends his trial at Preston Crown Court in Preston, England. During the trial, his daughter Verity (right) and sons Linus (center-left) and James (left) stood by his side. Source:
However, on February 6, 2014, the court acquitted him of all charges. Some were dismissed due to a lack of evidence, while others were dismissed due to significant flaws in witnesses’ accounts. Finally, William resumed filming and returned to the screen in August 2014 as Ken Barlow in Coronation Street.
Body Measurements of William Roache
The veteran actor, who stands 5 feet 8 inches tall, has mesmerizing blue eyes and naturally sandy blonde hair. His hair, however, is graying as he ages. Unfortunately, the public is unaware of his weight, shoe size, and other body measurements.
Career Line of William Roache
- William Roache is best known for his long-running role as Ken Barlow in Coronation Street. It debuted on December 9, 1960, and William has been a part of it since the beginning.
- Prior to becoming famous, he worked in a variety of stage productions, teleserials, and uncredited roles in films. His other works include The Bulldog Breed, Marking Time, Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes, and Ant & Dec’s Gameshow Marathon.
- In addition, William wrote his autobiography, Soul on the Street. The book focuses on his life experiences as well as his mistakes throughout his life, particularly those involving his family relationships.
- He also wrote about his belief in the afterlife in this book, which was published in 2008. William Roache is still on Coronation Street as of September 2019.
- He is currently the world’s longest-serving television actor in a continuous role (as of 2020), following the cancellation of the American soap opera in 2010.