Facts of Yasmine Akram:
|Full Name:||Yasmine Akram|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Profession:||Actress, Comedian, Writer|
|Sibling:||One (Masooma Akram)|
Yasmine Akram is a comedian, writer, and actress. Yasmine Akram rose to prominence as Janine Hawkins in the third series of Sherlock.
Who is the Father of Yasmine Akram?
Yasmine Akram was born on March 11, 1982, in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. Her current age is 38, and she is of Pakistani and Irish nationality. The lovely actress grew up in Drogheda, Ireland, with her family.
Similarly, her father was from Pakistan, and her mother, Mona, was from Drogheda, Ireland. In Manchester, her parents met for the first time. They exchanged vows a couple of times after that. Her family moved to Ireland when she was just 18 months old. Then they went to the UAE and lived together for a few months.
Likewise, her parents divorced. Her mother relocated to Drogheda, Ireland, with her elder sister, Masooma Akram. She was raised by a single mother. She was also captivated by Irish comedian and actor Dylan Moran since she was a child. She used to fantasize about becoming a female version of him. In terms of education, she attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and graduated with a degree in acting.
Is Yasmine Akram Married?
Yasmine Akram has never married or had children. She is currently single. She is simply focusing on her career and devoting more time to herself. But there were rumors about her when she kissed Benedict in the series. She had piqued the public’s interest in this manner. The romantic couple had spent some time together. But after Janine discovered that Sherlock was only using her, the couple split up.
She hasn’t dated anyone since her previous relationship ended. She rarely speaks about her personal life in the media or in public, and she has never publicly discussed her affairs. She’s even managed to keep it under wraps. Yasmine has also been living in London since January 2016.
How Tall is Yasmine Akram?
Yasmine Akram stands 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 63 kg. Her body measurements are 33-23-35 inches. Similarly, she has lovely black hair and dark brown eyes.
Career Line of Yasmine Akram
- Her career as a young comedian began in 2004. That same year, she made her television debut on the comedy-drama series Love Is the Drug. She had worked with the Calipo Theatre and the Picture Company when she was 14 years old.
- Yasmine began writing comedy sketches for the BBC and Channel 4 after graduating from the Acting Academy. She also hosted shows for BBC Radio.
- Similarly, she appeared in TV shows such as The Centre in 2014, Stella from 2014 to 2015, Undercover in 2015, Sherlock from 2014 to 2016, Outsiders in 2016, and The Reluctant Method in 2018.
- She had even appeared in the TV series as Janine Hawkins, dating Benedict Cumberbatch, who played Sherlock Holmes.
- Similarly, in 2010, she wrote and performed in her first play, 10 Dates with Mad Mary. It is a monologue about a young woman’s struggles after leaving prison, and it was performed at the Project Arts Centre in Ireland.
- In 2016, this play was adapted into the feature film A Date for Mad Mary. Darren Thornton directs the film adaptation, which stars Seana Kerslake. In the same year, she made her film debut with V Sign, London Town, Sky Comedy Shorts: Quints, and Metal Heart.
- Yasmine also writes and performs as half of the London-based comedy duo Ford and Akram, along with English comedian Louise Ford. In 2011, the pair performed a live show at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. Alistair McGowan directed the play.
- Similarly, in 2013, Yasmine co-wrote and co-presented BBC Radio 4’s Irish Micks and Legends with Aisling Bea. Yasmine previously worked on the Channel 4 sketch comedy LOL with Aisling Bea.
- Furthermore, in 2014, Yasmine played Janine Hawkins opposite Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sherlock Holmes in two episodes of the third series of Sherlock. She reprised her role as the Abominable Bride in the 2016 special.
- However, Yasmine’s name in this piece was Janine Donlevy, not Hawkins.
- Moving on, Yasmine appeared as a panelist in Never Mind the Buzzcocks in December of 2014. She had also appeared as a panelist on BBC Radio 4’s The News Quiz in October of the same year.
- Yasmine has appeared in a number of films, TV shows, and series since 2004. To be more specific, she has appeared on 20 different TV shows.
- Love is the Drug Aisling in 2004, Peep Show Yana in 2010, LOL in 2010, Common Ground in 2013, and London Irish in 2013.
- She was also a part of Sherlock from 2014 to 2016, The Midnight Beast, The Centre, and Stella in 2014. In 2015, Yasmine appeared in Count Arthur Strong, Asylum, Undercover, and Unforgotten. In addition, Yasmine appeared in Lovesick in 2016, London Town in 2017, Irish in Wonderland in the same year, Gold Digger in 2019, and The Reluctant Landlord in 2018.